This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by neelu View Post

It's hard to find someone compatible to marry no matter where you're from. Me and didi are Pakistani but we found it incredibly difficult (even before I had health issues). The first problem was we had quite a liberal upbringing and our parents are from city backgrounds such as Lahore, whereas most UK Pakistanis came from conservative families and their parents came from rural backgrounds- on top of that, in the few liberal families we knew, a lot of the guys our age ended up marrying English girls they'd met at uni or the workplace (and on top of that, I'm no longer a liberal). I used to think that white converts had it easy cos so many guys would actively seek white converts. Some years ago, a white convert sister told me how difficult it was for her to find someone to marry in the UK and I was shocked, I said I thought it was very common for Muslim guys to WANT to marry converts and she said: yeah, that's precisely the problem. They're not interested in the deen or compatibility, they are just looking for a blue eyed trophy wife that they can show off to the community about.

She said she had random old women approach her in mosques who were complete strangers. They ask her all this stuff like are you a virgin, do you know how to make roti and would you wear shalwar kameez at home (she wears abaya/jilbab out of the house)? These were complete strangers she was seeing for the first time so she found all this very intrusive and insulting and it put her off so much, she was planning to leave the UK altogether- then as fate would have it, a friend introduced her to her (now) husband and they're doing fine together. He's from an Asian origin background but practising, modest and very respectful.
    I don’t think I have ever had anyone approach me because they thought I was a nice person. It’s kind of sad when I think about it. I am not really insecure about what I look like but I am about how I come off. I very rarely here anyone say anything nice about my character. But maybe I just have bad character. Idk. It’s always about what I look like.

It sounds like such a cliche movie plot but I want people to like me because of who I am as a person 🥺

I am sure I sound like such a stuck up brat complaining about this stuff but really my whole life so much focus was always placed on things like this as if that’s the only thing that makes you worth peoples time.

anybody who cares about such things is not someone I would be interested in. Inshallah khair.

Comment

• Anyways enough moping 🥲

My kids got Covid tests in school today and I swear some of these kids are so easy to fool. Like we said “your big kids with such big muscles you not scared of the Covid test right?!!!” And they are all like “yeaaaaaah” and they actually weren’t.

One girl was like “ms I’m gonna get it on my nose 😏” lol. A saliva test was an option but I guess she wanted to show how strong she is.

my little squirrel boy was terrified though. I couldn’t even get him out of the class. And one of the girls who follows me insisted that I hug her the whole time. Poor things. These tests are rough. And also they should be doing it with there parents. Why do I have to deal with this?

Comment

• Inshallah everybody have a good day
        'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]'

Surah Ibrahim (14:7)

Comment

• Now im starting to see some bad work attitudes in my temp job workplace, esp during peak time where it gets crowded and it is starting to annoy me

I was indirectly informed by chief cashier that my other colleague wants her to watch out for me in case i get taken advantage of by doing cashiering all day,as im new.

Looking at it now, Im seeing patterns..

Ive never had to raise my voice at an older and more experienced colleague of mine, but if this problem continues, and my other supervisors dont step in, Im going to do the whistle blowing and raise my voice at these older ladies, who's trying to avoid work with someone new around, im starting to get mad just thinking of it

Comment

• I'll do it

Comment

• Originally posted by aelmo View Post

I am not very good at pulling my thoughts all together but this was very well put. This is exactly what I think. Often times someone will come to us and say something like "my brother has always wanted to marry someone that looks like you" as if i'm supposed to feel honored and special but that instantly makes me want to say no. With a lot of these people we tell them that I wouldn't be compatible with them but they don't see that as an issue and I absolutely hate that.

When I was younger I didn't notice all of these things. I genuinely thought that my family and I were like everyone else but that is not the case. Every year when I would go to a new school I was constantly bombarded with questions. It was very tiring saying the same thing over and over again. Eventually you realize that you're basically an animal at a zoo for people to watch and as I got older, especially with marriage issues that seems more true than ever.

I am probably the only person in the world who complains about this kind of stuff but I really don't like feeling like I am different. I'm actually like a total anti social loser so people really shouldn't be thinking so highly of me. lol. Ideally I want to be with someone like me but i've only met like 3 families growing up who had a similar dynamic so they aren't easy to find. My mom thinks I should marry a revert. She doesn't really care actually but she thinks that I would be more compatible with someone from Canada or something like her.
              That's kinda infuriating. They just want to crow that they bagged a whitey but then complain when you aren't just like them in terms of mentality and behaviour..just doesn't make any sense..but then since when did most ethnic mums make sense? ..and they try to instill the same nonsense into their sons and daughters..bonkers.

Comment

• I had two people break down in tears in front of me today. And 3 of the kids cried on me. I’ve seen too many tears for one day.

I really think I have reached the peak of not caring. I do care about the people who cried and I am sad that they are sad but I mean, they are crying about things that I just don’t care about anymore. Like these things just don’t effect me anymore like they are effecting them.

honestly I can do everything alone. This week I literally did everything alone. The job of 4 people! All by myself and I’m as cool as a cucumber. But I have to work in a team and I understand that but I think the best thing I can do for my team is to be able to support them when they are falling behind. Like I can do it all alone, but I will only do it if I have to. If that makes sense.

I feel bad for them. I remember being in their position and I wish I had someone like me who would catch me when I fell. But I didn’t so I decided that I would be that person for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by nudgetheputri1 View Post
                  Now im starting to see some bad work attitudes in my temp job workplace, esp during peak time where it gets crowded and it is starting to annoy me

I was indirectly informed by chief cashier that my other colleague wants her to watch out for me in case i get taken advantage of by doing cashiering all day,as im new.

Looking at it now, Im seeing patterns..

Ive never had to raise my voice at an older and more experienced colleague of mine, but if this problem continues, and my other supervisors dont step in, Im going to do the whistle blowing and raise my voice at these older ladies, who's trying to avoid work with someone new around, im starting to get mad just thinking of it
                  Ahem..You'll usually find slackers in most work environments, and somehow they have a knack of getting away with it..

Comment

• Originally posted by Eorlingas View Post

Ahem..You'll usually find slackers in most work environments, and somehow they have a knack of getting away with it..
                    Thats awful
                    I wont let them get away with it
                    I've reported them and asked for some arrangements to be made

Comment

• Yikes

Comment

• I never report nobody

Gotta keep the peace

Comment

• Only report the hoodlums on rocket league

Comment

• The chief cashier wont be coming to the store for a while as she had to serve quarantine, leaving two other supervisors from other department to cover for her in the store. I think shes going to tell the other supervisor (the muslim guy) to make it fair and easy for me as I have reported her abt the behaviors and I have made suggestions asap

This guy supervisor has asked me to count money properly as cashier cuz we've had some "deficit" for a like ard $30 recently, but tbh the main cashiers havent been watching over me, and do their own thing, and expect me to stand on my own as cashier. yet blame me for things Im suppose to know when recently the supervisor noticed the money dont tally! The hell is that suppose to mean?

Im getting better overtime which makes it easy for me, but they'll be taking advantage and use this for free time to do something else. Im hoping he'll look out for me, cuz I notice the third supervisor in store seems pathetic too, he seems so nonchalant and waits on me to shoot him qns abt how to do stuff, but Allahualam maybe he's tired and stressed. One time I notice him and these cashiers avoid cashiering and assisting customers altogether, lol .they did forwarding and "stock taking" in the middle of a long queue and during peak hour. Stupid excuses. Even the customers wonder and ask where are your colleagues, but they treat me extra nice after I answer them my cashier colleagues are here but on holiday slacking off somewhere

I feel more embarrassed for them too when one regular customer asked her at the fruit section, what are you doing here? The queue is long shouldnt you be at the counter.. And all the ppl in queue just stare her down.

I dont get why come to work in a store but you avoid work? I can only assume these workers are just not motivated enough or generally used to having an easy way out in certain situations.

Comment

• Off day rants

Comment

• Yikes

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X