Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arghhhhhhh

why must i feel terrible

i have taken a real liking for the organisation i work for. The people are great too. But the job is not for me

boss lady is great and very kind. Everyone is nice

i am very sorry

i need to plan this whole weekend about what i will do/say next week, how i will say it etc. I genuinely dont know how people will react. Perhaps they will be very supportive, but they may have some hidden enmity towards me, especially the guy who recruited me

it’s not that deep, is it?! People start and leave jobs all the time

Comment

• i had so much kfc just now

Comment

• my one has no reference to scotland or ireland….

only after i click on it twice does it say scotland

Comment

• I feel so off all of a sudden and I can’t make sense of why I feel this way.

I wish I was better at processing and understanding my own feelings but over the years I have realized that I am just not good at that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faith reloaded 2 View Post
            arghhhhhhh

why must i feel terrible

i have taken a real liking for the organisation i work for. The people are great too. But the job is not for me

boss lady is great and very kind. Everyone is nice

i am very sorry

i need to plan this whole weekend about what i will do/say next week, how i will say it etc. I genuinely dont know how people will react. Perhaps they will be very supportive, but they may have some hidden enmity towards me, especially the guy who recruited me

it’s not that deep, is it?! People start and leave jobs all the time
            Why do you change jobs so often? Surely that can't look good on your CV
            Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by aelmo View Post
              I feel so off all of a sudden and I can’t make sense of why I feel this way.

I wish I was better at processing and understanding my own feelings but over the years I have realized that I am just not good at that.
              May Allah make things easy for you
              Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

• I saw this thing on Instagram where this girl made a Quran journal. It’s basically writing Ayats from the Quran and their translation and what they mean to her. It sounds nice. I really need to work on reflecting more.

recently I have been trying to really focus on having more khushoo while praying. I am very bad at paying attention to a lot of things not just prayer. But it kind of hit me that I need to really try to pay more attention and not let my mind wander so much. I don’t want to just be going through the motions mindlessly. I want to actually be closer.

I feel like it takes me a lot of time to work my way up to the next level but I think I’ve finally reached the next stage in my process alhamdullillah.

Comment

• Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

Why do you change jobs so often? Surely that can't look good on your CV
                  Well, you see, i left university not too long ago. I see the last few years as a bumpy, unstable ride, a period where i experiment and try things out. And anyway, the only thing i could find was temporary jobs - scraps and bits of work here and there. I did a few temporary jobs

and what happens when a temp job ends? You likely become unemployed unless you quickly find something else. And so i was unemployed after these temp jobs… then i landed 2 permanent jobs a few months ago. Had to accept both because the 2nd one would take months to go through pre employment checks and i could not stand being unemployed

but the time has now come to start that 2nd perm job. This is where i will remain for the foreseeable future

Comment

• It brought home a gift just 5 mins ago

cat.jpg
                    Last edited by RuthlessSoftie; 30-07-21, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• Today i prayed jummuah INSIDE a masjid with NO MASK, NO PRAYER MAT and ZERO SOCIAL DISTANCING for the first time since MARCH 2020

Somber experience. A reminder of what used to be

Normal life… how times change. As sh. Salman al-odah said, the universe is about change (paraphrasing)

Comment

• nhs are pulling out all the stops to try and get me the vaccine

Their latest stunt is a text message about a food festival

theyre trying to entice me to get a jab by holding a food festival next to the vaccination place

Comment

nhs are pulling out all the stops to try and get me the vaccine

theyre trying to entice me to get a jab by holding a food festival next to the vaccination place
                          Well what do you really lose?
                          https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

• RuthlessSoftie

Where is the warning sign for the faint hearted

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

nhs are pulling out all the stops to try and get me the vaccine

I still need to get mine done
                              Let me know when you get yours cos obviously you one of them ain't ya, ya know, them

lmso

​​​​​​What a headache over a vaccine

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Don’t think I want to live life sober given my life situation right now. I’m done being right in the head and feeling pain and sadness. And prayer is not a drug, it’s a 2-5 minute exercise. I’ll admit alcohol is destructive and forbidden, but if done in moderation, can mitigate some of its destruction. Same with marijuana. If these Western Muslims can turn up every now and then, mingle, break the rules, keep up some of the other religious obligations, and still be happier and more successful than me, then I might follow suit.

I might sober up indefinitely when my career prospects improve and am closing in for marriage. Until then, it’s just pain. I want to be numb while searching for solutions for my problems, not sober, with no outlet, and perpetually in anger. Maybe it’s an admission of potentially sinning that I’m doing, maybe it’s not. All I know is that this religion is much easier when you’re settled and have no time for foolery. I’m not at that stage yet.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X