No announcement yet.

Random thread V3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m realising a lot but feeling powerless for two reasons , the overthinking issue and the people energetically affecting me issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by imran1976 View Post
      can we have a day reserved where we only talk good about Parents?
      Sure.
      https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

• YouTube keeps recommending videos by a man called Gabriel so I might watch because I haven't watched any lectures for a long time
        The other suggestion is Sajid limpham, I managed to listen to his story, not the reversion one
        But while I was listening to him I thought this person can be a kids book reader/narrator or something because his voice is very low and reminds me of those kids shows

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
          YouTube keeps recommending videos by a man called Gabriel so I might watch because I haven't watched any lectures for a long time
          The other suggestion is Sajid limpham, I managed to listen to his story, not the reversion one
          But while I was listening to him I thought this person can be a kids book reader/narrator or something because his voice is very low and reminds me of those kids shows
          Which Gabriel?

Ephemeral reader

Comment

• Been trying to become a little more religious recently, doing the 5 daily prayers & staying away from the usual mainstream sins, but I’m still not happy.

Not too sure if it’s personal mindset or attitude on life but it seems even the folks out there doing haram & harming themselves look to be happier than me. It’s sucks.
            Last edited by aa_; 1 week ago.

Comment

• The more a person grows in their love for Allah swt, the more their indifference to the material world grows as well

Comment

• And the more attachment one has to Allah swt, the more detachment one has for the dunya

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiro View Post

Which Gabriel?
                  romani

Comment

can we have a day reserved where we only talk good about Parents?
                    Unfortunately when there are issues that are difficult for elderly parents to understand e.g. apparently "hidden" illness or issues that are difficult to discuss e.g. asexuality, same sex attraction etc, then it can lead to misunderstanding, anger and resentment from both parents and children.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eorlingas View Post

Unfortunately when there are issues that are difficult for elderly parents to understand e.g. apparently "hidden" illness or issues that are difficult to discuss e.g. asexuality, same sex attraction etc, then it can lead to misunderstanding, anger and resentment from both parents and children.
                      I just asked for one day, other six days are reserved for bashing them.
                      "Europe died in Bosnia and was buried in Syria. Bodies of innocent children washing ashore are the
                      western civilization's tombstones"

Rajab Tayyab Erdogan

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiro View Post

Which Gabriel?
                        Gabriel Al Romani

Have you watched any of his videos? What did you think
                        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Originally posted by aa_ View Post
                          Been trying to become a little more religious recently, doing the 5 daily prayers & staying away from the usual mainstream sins, but I’m still not happy.

Not too sure if it’s personal mindset or attitude on life but it seems even the folks out there doing haram & harming themselves look to be happier than me. It’s sucks.
                          First, don’t think becoming a practicing Muslim will make life a breeze. It’s the opposite, the Shaytaan will actually work harder to make you slip up and you will still be tested by Allah.

Secondly, Salah and staying away from sins is only part of the equation, you also need to read the Quran, implement it into your life, study Islam and start appreciating everything Allah has given you. You need to reflect on how in the grand scheme of things, not much in this world truly matters, we will all end up in the ground and eventually stand before Allah on Judgement Day. The only thing that matters are your deeds and your Iman.

Finally, those people who seem happier than you are just putting up a facade. They’re not happy, their hearts are ruined and they have a hole in their chest that they keep trying to fill by doing sinful things. One of my past jobs had me deal with these people a lot, where they go out with their “friends” to have fun, do drugs and party, but once they get separated and left alone, they broke down and started crying, not just the women, the men too. Realizing their life is miserable and they really don’t ha e good friends.

Don't make having fun as the basis of having a good life. Being content is what your foundation should be. Appreciate Allah and all the good He has given you. Work on improving your love for Him and focus on being thankful, especially for the fact that He lead you to Islam.

Comment

Gabriel Al Romani

I've watched some. Not any topics I was interested in.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

I just asked for one day, other six days are reserved for bashing them.
                              I suggest that you start a Parents appreciation thread- I'm serious.

Better than making indirect digs at people and pretending that their genuine grievances are "parent bashing"
                              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Gabriel Al Romani

I agree with everything that I've seen him say, but I hate his videos, those kinds of 10-30mins of just ranting, unstructured talks, seems like a waste of time.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X