• Show
Clear All

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
    Salt & pepper was so 2000s

Just salt now
    AbuMubarak it seems like your older (not being rude bro) then many of us,
    some of the younger lot seem to forget it was not even 50+ years ago since racism was extremely bad in places like america,
    if i right in thinking this was within your lifetime, whats like the worst sort of racism you seen happen?

here where i was brought up they used to do this thing called paki bashing, where a group of white young men would go around the streets and find any random asian man even if he aint pakistani and just beat them up for their colour and race, its sad but its very real......this is in the northern part of england, not sure if it happens these days but im talking the 90s

Leave a comment:

• Eorlingas
    replied
    Originally posted by UmmAbdullah86 View Post

I think its more nuanced than making marriage easier, often these abusers are just teens themselves so marriage really wouldn't be on the cards anyway. First and foremost it is lack of fear of Allah swt, and I think overcrowded living conditions contributes. Children grow up very sexually aware (which was a huge shock to me) land also boys grow up feeling entitled to do what they want without accountability. Sadly there is also a lack of concern about males being abused, everyone is frightened about the girls but because they are boys it's a lesser issue.
    Honestly these societies are barely one step away from the people of Lut with their silent acceptance of the fate of their young boys. What kind of muslims are they expecting to produce? Obviously many will be damaged and struggle with their faith and the cycle repeats. I remember a revert user, samsandman I think, was banned for stating that all arab men he came across were homos, maybe he wasn't far from the truth if many of them have to go through this in childhood.

Leave a comment:

• AbuMubarak
    replied
    Salt & pepper was so 2000s

Just salt now

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    Originally posted by aelmo View Post

It’s official. You are the most American person I have ever come across. Even if you didn’t say you were American, I would know that you are American. Lol.
    i could imagine AbuMubarak doing one of those tiktoks 'tell me youre american, without telling me youre american' lool

btw AbuMubarak im curious to see what you look like, i've always imagined you got a salt and pepper beard, dont ask why mayb it coule be because youre a granpa lol

btw its weird how we have a mental image of someone we interact with yet have never met

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied
    Born & Raised in the West, lived in Bed Stuy during its worst days, lived amongst Rednecks

Never feared, nor felt unsafe

then again, America has the Second Amendment
    It’s official. You are the most American person I have ever come across. Even if you didn’t say you were American, I would know that you are American. Lol.

Leave a comment:

• UmmAbdullah86
    replied
    Originally posted by Eorlingas View Post

That makes lot of sense. Muslims have made a rod for their own back by delaying marriage for economic reasons.

Instead of the "eww muslim men are pervs" simplistic view that some, particularly those with an agenda take, it would be more helpful to examine the reasons why they this behaviour is prevalent and what can be done to minimize it, instead of sticking our heads in the sand and allowing muslim societies to degenerate further.
    I think its more nuanced than making marriage easier, often these abusers are just teens themselves so marriage really wouldn't be on the cards anyway. First and foremost it is lack of fear of Allah swt, and I think overcrowded living conditions contributes. Children grow up very sexually aware (which was a huge shock to me) land also boys grow up feeling entitled to do what they want without accountability. Sadly there is also a lack of concern about males being abused, everyone is frightened about the girls but because they are boys it's a lesser issue.

Leave a comment:

• AbuMubarak
    replied
    Originally posted by samin62 View Post

you have New York permit? or do you live elsewhere now?

heard its rather difficult to get a permit in that state
    Allah and the sunnah gave us the permit to defend ourselves

The US Constitution does not give us those rights, it just ratifies those rights

Leave a comment:

• Eorlingas
    replied
    Originally posted by DesertWarrior View Post
    It is caused by extreme societal segregation, there are no other explanation for this. Hearing stories of sexually abused teenage boys in the Middle East, Afghanistan, Pakistan and the likes that were documentated by human rights group makes me think homosexuality is much more rampant than we think. We just don’t hear it because male victims won’t speak out to their communities for taboo reasons and it isn’t accepted yet like the West.

Also, it’s an unpopular opinion here but Muslim women will feel safer walking around alone in the west because of the laws and western men can cope and handle restraint better because they’re desensitized to seeing them in an open society.
    That makes lot of sense. Muslims have made a rod for their own back by delaying marriage for economic reasons.

Instead of the "eww muslim men are pervs" simplistic view that some, particularly those with an agenda take, it would be more helpful to examine the reasons why they this behaviour is prevalent and what can be done to minimize it, instead of sticking our heads in the sand and allowing muslim societies to degenerate further.

Leave a comment:

• samin62
    replied
    Born & Raised in the West, lived in Bed Stuy during its worst days, lived amongst Rednecks

you have New York permit? or do you live elsewhere now?

heard its rather difficult to get a permit in that state

Leave a comment:

• AbuMubarak
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DesertWarrior
    replied
    Originally posted by aelmo View Post
    You hear a lot of things about this from around the world. Recently there seems to be a lot more incidents happening in Canada with that family being killed and recently a mother and child where threatened and harassed by someone and the guy ended up being arrested for it.

I just wonder for most of you who live in the west, how safe do you feel? And how often do you experience any islamophobic comments or actions from people, if you do?
    I have a Muslim sounding name, live in a predominately white suburb for 25 years and grew up with Aussies. No issues. I did get occasional stereotypical jokes from old friends when I was young but that was nothing.

Problems like that tend to happen in under-developed rural towns and lower socio-economic areas where there are high crime rates and troublesome youth.

Leave a comment:

• DesertWarrior
    replied

No wonder most Arab countries are buggered..if you'll pardon the pun.

But seriously this seems ingrained in the culture..disgusting. Is this because they don't have access to women?
    It is caused by extreme societal segregation, there are no other explanation for this. Hearing stories of sexually abused teenage boys in the Middle East, Afghanistan, Pakistan and the likes that were documentated by human rights group makes me think homosexuality is much more rampant than we think. We just don’t hear it because male victims won’t speak out to their communities for taboo reasons and it isn’t accepted yet like the West.

Also, it’s an unpopular opinion here but Muslim women will feel safer walking around alone in the west because of the laws and western men can cope and handle restraint better because they’re desensitized to seeing them in an open society.

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    honestly imo the non muslim countries are safer

the amount of times ive heard women whether non muslim or even muslim hijabis or non hijabis always complain about pervs in muslim countries, its not shocking no more

Leave a comment:

• Fakhri-bin-Ali
    replied

Use Google maps for this?
    (Hehe.... I really shouldn't be using the wrong one here since I've been pulling them up, busy in the garden all week...​​​​​​Tired, brother. Heat, lack of sugar and nutrients and water and sleep and probably a load of other things. I'm surprised I managed to get that post in without a zillion other spelling mistakes and half-decent punctuation.)

​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• detached soul
    replied
    Like another person said if you mind your own business and you dont get into other peoples lives or doings people generally leave you alone. You feel pretty safe unless you happen to cross paths with someone with mental health problems

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X