No announcement yet.

Are you cold all the time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Literally last night I was lying in bed thinking that I was going to die soon 😂

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post
      Literally last night I was lying in bed thinking that I was going to die soon 😂
      May Allah forbid. Inshallah you'll have many more years to come. It's just better to be safe than sorry. Who knows, it may be something really simple to fix.

Comment

It's always hot and humid here. So I don't feel cold but really hot. Can't take it tbh. We don't have AC in my room. Just ceiling fan. 😥

Just folded my laundry in my room and I had to take my third shower at night. Felt sticky all over from simply moving around. July is the 'super hot' season here.

Comment

you guys are scaring me now

I thought I was just cold and now web MD told me I could have thyroid cancer
          It could be nothing, sister. You know your body the best like I am warmer/ hotter than average people, I don't feel/ get cold easily and am almost always warm but there's nothing wrong with me it is just the way I am and my mom's the same. So maybe you just feel a bit more cold than other people but you did make a thread online and sought others' opinions and you know..different people, different opinions so if you think something might be wrong with you do get yourself checked out but if not then don't.

Ps. my doctor sister told me to not google illnesses and sicknesses and self-diagnose, it does more harm than good what with messing our heads and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by .Hajar. View Post

It could be nothing, sister. You know your body the best like I am warmer/ hotter than average people, I don't feel/ get cold easily and am almost always warm but there's nothing wrong with me it is just the way I am and my mom's the same. So maybe you just feel a bit more cold than other people but you did make a thread online and sought others' opinions and you know..different people, different opinions so if you think something might be wrong with you do get yourself checked out but if not then don't.

Ps. my doctor sister told me to not google illnesses and sicknesses and self-diagnose, it does more harm than good what with messing our heads and stuff.
            I wasn't though. I just wanted to see if there were other people who felt cold all the time, I wasn't looking for advice or diagnosis. I never even thought about it or considered that anything could be wrong. I do know that some people just feel things differently so I just wanted to find my fellow cold people on here and we could exchange tales about how cold we are :(

Web MD greatly helped me once in my life. I learned something there about myself that not a single doctor I went to over the years managed to figure out but other then that incident it only freaks me out. I need to stop looking at it.

Comment

Aelmo, don't worry about what WebMD said and if you're still really worried then make an appointment with the doctor to see if he or she can rule out anything serious. It's quite likely that you have Raynauds which a lot of people have and it's quite harmless apart from the inconvenience of feeling cold.

As for locals wearing Canadian winter coats in 30 degree weather (which is the temperature of the current heatwave in Britain LOL), when my mum first arrived in England from Pakistan, it was July so it was summer here, but she grew up in Pakistan so used to the weather there, that she would wear a winter coat in the house- in July. Her landlord and his family found this hilarious. She eventually got used to British weather, then years later went through menopause and started feeling hot all the time. Even when it's snowing outside she still sleeps with a fan on. I think maybe when you reach menopause age, if you get the hot flashes, you'll probably find the cold feet a relief. Here is a hand warmer I told you about:

HotRox Double Sided Electronic Hand Warmer with Power Bank | Lakeland

It turns out a foot warmer has already been invented too:

Beurer Cosy Heated Foot Warmer FW20 | Lakeland

When I looked up foot warmers, I also came across microwave heated socks, which sounds gross. I prefer your idea of getting a type of bean bag that can be slipped into the socks or something

Originally posted by nudgetheputri1 View Post
              It's always hot and humid here. So I don't feel cold but really hot. Can't take it tbh. We don't have AC in my room. Just ceiling fan. 😥

Just folded my laundry in my room and I had to take my third shower at night. Felt sticky all over from simply moving around. July is the 'super hot' season here.
              Sounds like you and Aelmo need to swap places lol
              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
                Aelmo, don't worry about what WebMD said and if you're still really worried then make an appointment with the doctor to see if he or she can rule out anything serious. It's quite likely that you have Raynauds which a lot of people have and it's quite harmless apart from the inconvenience of feeling cold.

As for locals wearing Canadian winter coats in 30 degree weather (which is the temperature of the current heatwave in Britain LOL), when my mum first arrived in England from Pakistan, it was July so it was summer here, but she grew up in Pakistan so used to the weather there, that she would wear a winter coat in the house- in July. Her landlord and his family found this hilarious. She eventually got used to British weather, then years later went through menopause and started feeling hot all the time. Even when it's snowing outside she still sleeps with a fan on. I think maybe when you reach menopause age, if you get the hot flashes, you'll probably find the cold feet a relief. Here is a hand warmer I told you about:

When I looked up foot warmers, I also came across microwave heated socks, which sounds gross. I prefer your idea of getting a type of bean bag that can be slipped into the socks or something

Jazakallah khair!

That foot warmer looks very cozy.

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post

We should! Haha

Comment

I wasn't though. I just wanted to see if there were other people who felt cold all the time, I wasn't looking for advice or diagnosis. I never even thought about it or considered that anything could be wrong. I do know that some people just feel things differently so I just wanted to find my fellow cold people on here and we could exchange tales about how cold we are :(

Web MD greatly helped me once in my life. I learned something there about myself that not a single doctor I went to over the years managed to figure out but other then that incident it only freaks me out. I need to stop looking at it.
                    I hear you, if not for my mom I'd have thought something was sure wrong with me.

Hope you find your fellow cold people

Comment

Get your thyroid checked.
                      "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by .Hajar. View Post

I hear you, if not for my mom I'd have thought something was sure wrong with me.

Hope you find your fellow cold people
                        Since the random thread is open now, it doesn’t really matter anymore.

btw I think maybe someone did dua for me because I swear yesterday I was boiling hot at night. I haven’t felt that way in months! Like literally I put my ac on 19 and I had to take off a blanket and change my clothes from how hot I was. If anyone did that for me, your dua’s are maybe a bit too effective. Whoever you were please make dua that I become rich. Jazakallah khair.

Comment

Go to the Doctor and get yourself checked out, don't take risks regarding your own health.
                          Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X