No announcement yet.

Are you cold all the time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know how it is in the desert so maybe the situation is different and you need the AC. What is the temperature there these days? I ask because one time I went to Pakistan during the summer holidays (this was back when I had raynauds) and a fairly typical daily temperature was 45 degrees celcius (sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less). I usually went to sleep with just the fan on and no AC and that was fine. It helped that the houses were designed for summer weather so having tiled, cement or "chips" floors kept the floor relatively cooler (carpets would be a nightmare). My dad didn't like to use the AC in Pakistan either though my mum couldn't cope without it. Are you sure you really need it?
    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
      I don't know how it is in the desert so maybe the situation is different and you need the AC. What is the temperature there these days? I ask because one time I went to Pakistan during the summer holidays (this was back when I had raynauds) and a fairly typical daily temperature was 45 degrees celcius (sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less). I usually went to sleep with just the fan on and no AC and that was fine. It helped that the houses were designed for summer weather so having tiled, cement or "chips" floors kept the floor relatively cooler (carpets would be a nightmare). My dad didn't like to use the AC in Pakistan either though my mum couldn't cope without it. Are you sure you really need it?
      Its been 50 degrees a couple days here this year. Another problem here is the humidity which makes it feel hotter. The AC keeps things dry as well. And its also central so if I turn it off in my room then the living room will become very hot too. Just to keep people happy I try to keep it in the 20's. They get so mad when I mess with the temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post

Its been 50 degrees a couple days here this year. Another problem here is the humidity which makes it feel hotter. The AC keeps things dry as well. And its also central so if I turn it off in my room then the living room will become very hot too. Just to keep people happy I try to keep it in the 20's. They get so mad when I mess with the temperature.
        Okay yeah for 50 degrees you really do need AC and 20s is a normal room temperature so not too warm so that seems about right. Incredible that you can still get cold- just goes to show how internal these feelings are regardless of what happens outside.

What is your diet like? I'd imagine in a desert area people would be selling more summer based cooling foods such as salads, yogurt based dishes etc whereas you'd probably benefit from some warming ingredients such as bone broth, nuts, and warming spices. I wonder if more winter type foods would suit you?

You mentioned a warm bean bag for the feet. I don't know about that but you can buy mini hand warmers in the west that are a few inches long. Wouldn't be surprised if people use them on their feet as well. I don't know how they work or what they are made of.
        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post

Okay yeah for 50 degrees you really do need AC and 20s is a normal room temperature so not too warm so that seems about right. Incredible that you can still get cold- just goes to show how internal these feelings are regardless of what happens outside.

What is your diet like? I'd imagine in a desert area people would be selling more summer based cooling foods such as salads, yogurt based dishes etc whereas you'd probably benefit from some warming ingredients such as bone broth, nuts, and warming spices. I wonder if more winter type foods would suit you?

You mentioned a warm bean bag for the feet. I don't know about that but you can buy mini hand warmers in the west that are a few inches long. Wouldn't be surprised if people use them on their feet as well. I don't know how they work or what they are made of.
          We actually have all kinds of foods here. I do like salad but I almost need to eat a home cooked meal most days. I don't usually like cold foods for dinner. Actually the local food here is very hearty. I noticed that the people here can handle the heat alot more but that means that they don't do well in the cold at all. When the temperature goes down to around 30 they will literally start bringing out winter jackets.

During the winter time my students would literally bring those huge jackets that you wear in Canada when its -20. Its so interesting how badly they handle cold weather. So even their foods are not meant to be cooling.

I wonder where I can get mini hand warmers? I'll try to look for some online. But i'm telling you this bean bag sock idea could really be something. lol. My grandma actually makes her own heated bean bags. I am pretty sure its just a cloth bag with a type of grain inside that holds heat well.

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post

lol you're funny.

I think I'll ask the doctor the next time I go. My cousin who also turns blue is like my 5th cousin but this kid looks EXACTLY like me. Like omg somehow we have all the same features. Most notably in this case our skin is very similar. Im talking undertones here. Very advanced stuff. But I find it interesting that that happened. Especially since he's such a distant relative.

Im glad im not the only frozen person here :)

Why are you always cold?
            It's me and my older sister that carry these blocks of ice

I don't turn blue just very pale and deadish
            I need the blood
            I don't turn the AC on because it gets quite chilly

I don't know if I have raynaud's as I haven't gone to he doctor's about because majority of the time they don't know the reason and they'll probably tell me to take paracetamol

I don't want paracetamol

Last edited by Ya'sin; 21-07-21, 08:32 PM.
            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

I was contemplating changing my avatar to Frieza
              Hehehe

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

It's me and my older sister that carry these blocks of ice

I don't turn blue just very pale and deadish
                I need the blood
                I don't turn the AC on because it gets quite chilly

I don't know if I have raynaud's as I haven't gone to he doctor's about because majority of the time they don't know the reason and they'll probably tell me to take paracetamol

I don't want paracetamol

Paracetamol seems to be the cure to everything for some of these doctors. Like I did not go all the way to the hospital just for them to prescribe me paracetamol.

Comment

I'm neither hot or cold temperature wise. I'm inbetween
                  'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]'

Surah Ibrahim (14:7)

Comment

beign an evil underlord who commands legions of merciless ogre clans and lives a life of war and blood

yes, i am very cold
                    "arm yourself with knowledge and laugh at the accusers"
                    me - 2017

Comment

You can have your thyroid checked too

Comment

Do you exercise? Maybe you being cold is due to low metabolism or poor blood circulation? You should see a doctor, just in case, to make sure nothing serious is wrong. Maybe all you need to do is bulk up muscle wise to improve your frame and circulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Abisali View Post
                          Do you exercise? Maybe you being cold is due to low metabolism or poor blood circulation? You should see a doctor, just in case, to make sure nothing serious is wrong. Maybe all you need to do is bulk up muscle wise to improve your frame and circulation.
                          Of course I do, even more so lately.

Comment

you guys are scaring me now

I thought I was just cold and now web MD told me I could have thyroid cancer

Comment

I think the general consensus, unsurprisingly, is that you should see a doctor. Do you pay for health care out there? If so I don't see what the incentive would be to fob you off, as I would guess they get more money for running extra tests etc to try and find the cause for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eorlingas View Post
                                I think the general consensus, unsurprisingly, is that you should see a doctor. Do you pay for health care out there? If so I don't see what the incentive would be to fob you off, as I would guess they get more money for running extra tests etc to try and find the cause for it.
                                I said I would go. I just don’t think it’s a big deal but you’re all freaking me out now.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X