Are you cold all the time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you cold all the time?

We don't have the random thread to talk about random stuff like this anymore so it gets its own thread.

Do we have any cold people here? I mean that in the literal sense not about anyones personality.

I can see that as a result of loosing a lot of weight in the past 2 years I just get much colder but this isn't normal. Like I am an actual ice cube. My fingers turn straight up blue and my feet are just frozen most of the time.

I have a huge duvet with a cover and a fleece blanket and im still cold sometimes. trying to fall asleep after fajr is a nightmare because I am usually much colder then for some reason.

My sister once touched my hand and told me I feel like a dead person :(

My brother feels like a furnace though and I don't know how he is so hot all the time.

I just want to be warm :(

Is anyone else just always cold?

Have you visited a doctor about it?

Comment

Originally posted by RuthlessSoftie View Post
      Have you visited a doctor about it?
      Why would I?

Do you think something could be wrong?

My sister told me it isn't normal to turn blue and started freaking out but the same thing happens to my cousin too and neither of else have sensed that anything else could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post

Why would I?

Do you think something could be wrong?

My sister told me it isn't normal to turn blue and started freaking out but the same thing happens to my cousin too and neither of else have sensed that anything else could be wrong.
        I don't know, it could be okay or there could be a problem, us average sons and sonettes can't really diagnose much.

But if you feel that you being cold is abnormal then there's no harm in seeking a professional opinion. Might end up being just normal in some people like you and your cousin or you could be anaemic or something (according to shaykh google anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by RuthlessSoftie View Post

I don't know, it could be okay or there could be a problem, us average sons and sonettes can't really diagnose much.

But if you feel that you being cold is abnormal then there's no harm in seeking a professional opinion. Might end up being just normal in some people like you and your cousin or you could be anaemic or something (according to shaykh google anyway).
          I don't think I am because having cold hands and feet seem to be the only symptom but it is something worth looking into.

I just think I lost alot of body fat in recent years so I have lost my natural coat . You can never win sometimes :(

Comment

Sweaters are a must! I think 70% of the shirts I have are sweaters lol. And I live in a desert.

Im not always cold though but I usually am. It just hits me very unexpectedly

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post

I don't think I am because having cold hands and feet seem to be the only symptom but it is something worth looking into.

I just think I lost alot of body fat in recent years so I have lost my natural coat . You can never win sometimes :(
              You win some, you lose I guess. Invest in some thick gloves and socks alongside your sweaters and maybe a hot water bottle too.

Comment

I have just came up with an amazing business Idea!

You know those bean bag things that you put in the microwave and it stays hot for a while? Well...that but make them in the shape of socks to keep your feet warm as you sleep!

I think I have reached my final form with this idea. I cant wait to go on shark tank and have all of them yell at me about sales.

Comment

They will be like "what's your target audience?"

and i'll just say "cold people "

Comment

I'm so tired and it's only Tuesday I can't I need help.​​​​​​

Welcome to the club my fellow cold blooded sista

We want blood, nutrient rich blood, dreamy You might have raynaud's disease or bad circulation.

I have cold feet and hand throughout the year, you probably haven't read about my life, I usually talk about it.

They're a block of ice but due to the current whether I'm functioning like the average human being to some extent.

It's trendy to be weird, everyone wants to be weird.

​​​​​​
                    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

We want blood, nutrient rich blood, dreamy You might have raynaud's disease or bad circulation.

I have cold feet and hand throughout the year, you probably haven't read about my life, I usually talk about it.

They're a block of ice but due to the current whether I'm functioning like the average human being to some extent.

​​​​​​
                      lol you're funny.

I think I'll ask the doctor the next time I go. My cousin who also turns blue is like my 5th cousin but this kid looks EXACTLY like me. Like omg somehow we have all the same features. Most notably in this case our skin is very similar. Im talking undertones here. Very advanced stuff. But I find it interesting that that happened. Especially since he's such a distant relative.

Im glad im not the only frozen person here :)

Why are you always cold?

Comment

Just...let it go

​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

​​​​​​
                          the average human bean

Comment

It's concerning that you feel so cold even in such a hot country (or maybe it's an advantage that you'd tolerate the heat better so do you really want to change that:?). Have you taken your temperature to check that it's normal? You most likely have Raynauds syndrome. I used to have that for most of my life since childhood. The key thing here is: what you wear doesn't make that much difference, at least that's been my experience. My feet in particular used to feel like ice, so my mum would suggest I wear woolen socks- I tried that and it was a terrible idea. My hands would usually be okay, but the smallest provocation (such as getting something out of the freezer) would make them feel really freezing very quickly and it would be quite difficult to rewarm my hands. Also if the water from the tap is too cold during wudhu, then my hands would feel really cold for ages whereas most people would recover their normal temperature fairly quickly- but my hands weren't permanently cold whereas my feet were cold most of the time.

There are only two ways (actually three but I'll get to that later) of warming up Raynauds cold feel: i) get the feet massaged by someone with warm, oiled hands (or do it yourself if you can warm up your own hands)- THEN put on the warm socks etc and it'll insulate the feet and retain the warmth more effectively ii) warm yourself up on the inside by having a hot drink or warming foods such as bone broth or food containing garam masalay (warming spices). Clothes are like a thermos flask (which can maintain hot and can maintain cold temperatures)- they keep us insulated from outside temperatures. If your feet are freezing and you put socks on, then the socks just retain the COLD, they're not making you warmer until and unless you add warmth with a warm massage or that sort of thing. Applying direct heat onto cold feet (from a heater or hot water bottle) is meant to be risky and can cause damage so I wont suggest it, though if your socks just came off a radiator or are warm from a tumble dryer then you can wear them straight away and that should be okay.

As for how I got rid of the Raynauds, that happened whilst I was pursuing treatment for Lyme Disease and coinfections, so my doctor put me on various strong medications. By that point, my feet didn't just get cold, they'd also get numb and painful and it would take a good hour after I woke up to gain some use of my legs. I'd start the day with tea in bed (to warm up from the inside), then kalonji oil massage my feet until it regained some feeling and could be usable again. One of my meds in particular was an antibiotic called Doxycycline, I'd taken for six months and it was VERY strong (wouldn't recommend it unless you have a medical condition other than raynauds that requires it). Anyway after that, I've never had cold feet, even in the winter with my socks off my feet aren't freezing. Now we're going through a heatwave so my feet are incredibly hot lol- but it's okay alhamdullilah. Doxycycline can affect body temperature though I don't remember it causing fevers or anything drastic like that- it just got rid of the raynauds.
                            The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
                              It's concerning that you feel so cold even in such a hot country (or maybe it's an advantage that you'd tolerate the heat better so do you really want to change that:?). Have you taken your temperature to check that it's normal? You most likely have Raynauds syndrome. I used to have that for most of my life since childhood. The key thing here is: what you wear doesn't make that much difference, at least that's been my experience. My feet in particular used to feel like ice, so my mum would suggest I wear woolen socks- I tried that and it was a terrible idea. My hands would usually be okay, but the smallest provocation (such as getting something out of the freezer) would make them feel really freezing very quickly and it would be quite difficult to rewarm my hands. Also if the water from the tap is too cold during wudhu, then my hands would feel really cold for ages whereas most people would recover their normal temperature fairly quickly- but my hands weren't permanently cold whereas my feet were cold most of the time.

There are only two ways (actually three but I'll get to that later) of warming up Raynauds cold feel: i) get the feet massaged by someone with warm, oiled hands (or do it yourself if you can warm up your own hands)- THEN put on the warm socks etc and it'll insulate the feet and retain the warmth more effectively ii) warm yourself up on the inside by having a hot drink or warming foods such as bone broth or food containing garam masalay (warming spices). Clothes are like a thermos flask (which can maintain hot and can maintain cold temperatures)- they keep us insulated from outside temperatures. If your feet are freezing and you put socks on, then the socks just retain the COLD, they're not making you warmer until and unless you add warmth with a warm massage or that sort of thing. Applying direct heat onto cold feet (from a heater or hot water bottle) is meant to be risky and can cause damage so I wont suggest it, though if your socks just came off a radiator or are warm from a tumble dryer then you can wear them straight away and that should be okay.

As for how I got rid of the Raynauds, that happened whilst I was pursuing treatment for Lyme Disease and coinfections, so my doctor put me on various strong medications. By that point, my feet didn't just get cold, they'd also get numb and painful and it would take a good hour after I woke up to gain some use of my legs. I'd start the day with tea in bed (to warm up from the inside), then kalonji oil massage my feet until it regained some feeling and could be usable again. One of my meds in particular was an antibiotic called Doxycycline, I'd taken for six months and it was VERY strong (wouldn't recommend it unless you have a medical condition other than raynauds that requires it). Anyway after that, I've never had cold feet, even in the winter with my socks off my feet aren't freezing. Now we're going through a heatwave so my feet are incredibly hot lol- but it's okay alhamdullilah. Doxycycline can affect body temperature though I don't remember it causing fevers or anything drastic like that- it just got rid of the raynauds.
                              I don't know if I have it that bad. I can relate to the clothes having no effect thing. Socks do nothing when my feet are in that state. It happens at random times but mostly when I am going to sleep and I am not moving around anymore.

Its mostly the AC I think. Even though this is a desert, you won't find any place that doesn't have the ac on. I make mine hotter but I still get cold and I don't want to risk turning it off because the outside heat will give me heatstroke. Even when I make it hot im still cold. Like how I feel right now. lol. I turned up the temperature but my fingers and toes are like ice.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X