Laziness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laziness

How do you beat laziness? What have you tried that worked?

Waalaikumsalaam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

I had been avoiding showering because I've been feeling really fatigued. But earlier today I was thinking maybe I should go have a shower. After about an hour I managed to get up and just go for it because I knew I would get lazy later and not bother. So I guess try to do things when you have the will power to do it and don't delay it. But then again I'm not sure if it's laziness or my mental health because I go through phases where I give up on myself.

Comment

I'm looking for responses...

Comment

Everyone is too lazy to respond.
        You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Give me a shout out when you find the answer!

Comment

Plan your day, the next day and the next next day and the next next next day until you get busy.

Pray 5 times and learn new surahs on freer days.

Comment

In recent months I have wanted to do too many things and don’t like to have days wasted sitting around.

I have a planner and I write myself a checklist of what I need to do everyday and it’s just so satisfying seeing everything being checked off.

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post
                In recent months I have wanted to do too many things and don’t like to have days wasted sitting around.

I have a planner and I write myself a checklist of what I need to do everyday and it’s just so satisfying seeing everything being checked off.
                Funny, I do the exact same thing.

It needs to be on physical paper for me as well. My brain doesn't take it seriously enough when it's a digital note.

Now, though, I'm dealing with laziness when it comes to actually writing down the checklist.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

Funny, I do the exact same thing.

It needs to be on physical paper for me as well. My brain doesn't take it seriously enough when it's a digital note.

Now, though, I'm dealing with laziness when it comes to actually writing down the checklist.
                  I’m the same way. Handwritten things are a lot more memorable to me.

I also don’t like wasting paper so whenever I write my list I feel the need to accomplish my goals otherwise the tree died for nothing.

I forget to write it on weekends but over time I think I just developed new habits and my weekends end up being productive enough anyway. But I should probably get better at keeping up with that.

Comment

I will answer later, insha'Allah.

Comment

Hmm
                      Nasir Al-Amreeki

Comment

Well ngl being morivared for two mins to only get back to being lazy isnt going to work.

Do it step by step
                        be commited even though youre not feeling it
                        make plenty dua
                        Go for a walk
                        run around
                        Dance without music
                        Smile
                        Smell flowers
                        Say nice things to your self like yourr doing just fine
                        Rest if need to
                        Drink plenty water
                        Fresh fruit
                        Keep breathing...

Comment

Originally posted by LaylaAb View Post

How do you beat laziness? What have you tried that worked?
                          Wa alaykum salaam

the morning and evening adhkaar help with beating laziness. Some of the adhkaar specifically mention seeking refuge from laziness. I find that when I slack with my adhkaar, I feel more sluggish throughout the day.

Getting a daily dose of fresh air and eating well also helps me. If you start your day right, with porridge with bananas and dates for example, you will have more energy and it will motivate you to be less lazy. You should try and do hijama on your sunnah points too. Sleep early & rise early. The more you sleep, the more lazy you will feel that day.

I have too many things to do in a day to be lazy so I always write a checklist and no matter how tired I am in the mornings, I ensure I get my checklist done. The key is to not procrastinate and think you’ll do x y and z tomorrow, just get in the habit of doing important things in the morning and it will become second nature to you

I then reward myself with a big fat lazy Sunday every week because I deserve it!
                          https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

I find it hard to beat laziness on my own. It really helps to have a crisis to attend to.

~Bub
                            From the Many, One

Comment

Originally posted by BubbleGum View Post
                              I find it hard to beat laziness on my own. It really helps to have a crisis to attend to.

~Bub
                              Yeh nothing like a crisis to make you snap out of your laziness!
                              'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]'

Surah Ibrahim (14:7)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X