Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ummah Forum App (Mod)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ummah Forum App (Mod)

    Assalāmu 'alaykum

    So I decided to try and mod the vBulletin Community Forum app, since Ummah Forum is also a vBulletin forum, and make it sign in into Ummah Forum instead (with some information fetched from the old Ummah Forum app).

    And it actually works.

    You can download and install the apk file from here (Sorry, no iOS).

    When you try to install it, it would say Blocked by Play Protect. This is because Google can't verify the signature with which the app was signed. Since it is a mod of another apk, the original signature is lost. So it has to use a private signature. You can tap on "Install Anyway" and safely install it.

    Let me know how it goes and if you see any bugs. I haven't tested it much.

  • #2
    Screenshots
    Attached Files

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by notEVOLVED
      Assalāmu 'alaykum

      So I decided to try and mod the vBulletin Community Forum app, since Ummah Forum is also a vBulletin forum, and make it sign in into Ummah Forum instead (with some information fetched from the old Ummah Forum app).

      And it actually works.

      You can download and install the apk file from here (Sorry, no iOS).

      When you try to install it, it would say Blocked by Play Protect. This is because Google can't verify the signature with which the app was signed. Since it is a mod of another apk, the original signature is lost. So it has to use a private signature. You can tap on "Install Anyway" and safely install it.

      Let me know how it goes and if you see any bugs. I haven't tested it much.
      Walaykum salaam

      What did you do on this mod exactly?

      What's different to the UF app?

      Comment


      • #4
        Nice son.

        Unfortunately, I must condemn this thread for lack of iOS.

        I am sorry son.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Stoic Believer
          Nice son.

          Unfortunately, I must condemn this thread for lack of iOS.

          I am sorry son.
          You know what stoic @notevolved has done a really good job with this mod, i kean few bugs as expected with an unofficial or even official apps, i like it though, defo an improvement and ghe seafch feature is a lot better then on the uf app tbh

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

            You know what stoic notEVOLVED has done a really good job with this mod, i kean few bugs as expected with an unofficial or even official apps, i like it though, defo an improvement and ghe seafch feature is a lot better then on the uf app tbh
            Lol almost anything will be better than that horrible UF app.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post
              Assalāmu 'alaykum

              So I decided to try and mod the vBulletin Community Forum app, since Ummah Forum is also a vBulletin forum, and make it sign in into Ummah Forum instead (with some information fetched from the old Ummah Forum app).

              And it actually works.

              You can download and install the apk file from here (Sorry, no iOS).

              When you try to install it, it would say Blocked by Play Protect. This is because Google can't verify the signature with which the app was signed. Since it is a mod of another apk, the original signature is lost. So it has to use a private signature. You can tap on "Install Anyway" and safely install it.

              Let me know how it goes and if you see any bugs. I haven't tested it much.
              Put it on FDroid, and I will install it
              .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
              نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
              دولة الإسلامية باقية





              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post

                Put it on FDroid, and I will install it
                the link in the OP is still live

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

                  the link in the OP is still live
                  That doesnt negate my post

                  FDroid is an open source repository with well vetted apps
                  .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                  نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                  دولة الإسلامية باقية





                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
                    That doesnt negate my post

                    FDroid is an open source repository with well vetted apps
                    i know nothing about that site, just thought you thought the link was dead, was just giving you a heads up akhi

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Looks fine for me, the site, i am just wary of unvetted apps on my devices

                      Screenshot from 2021-07-15 20-31-35.png
                      .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                      نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                      دولة الإسلامية باقية





                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

                        Walaykum salaam

                        What did you do on this mod exactly?

                        What's different to the UF app?
                        I took apart the vBulletin Forum (the app provided by the forum software on which UF runs) app and replaced the links to their forum to UF. And also copied the API-Key from the old UF app. That's all. I tried to replace the login image to UF like the old app, but it didn't work. Anyway, all the bugs in this are from the original app which I took apart, such as the problem with long threads jumping pages. I think Tapatalk is better for now than this app.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post

                          Put it on FDroid, and I will install it
                          FDroid only hosts open source apps. This is a mod of a closed source app.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            It's just an updated version of the old app. The old app is outdated and vBulletin has since updated their mobile client. This is running the latest version of that client.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post

                              FDroid only hosts open source apps. This is a mod of a closed source app.
                              That was my point

                              I dont run closed source apps
                              .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                              نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                              دولة الإسلامية باقية





                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X