Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to take on new Mods.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looking to take on new Mods.

    Salams
    Looking to recruit an extra few more mods to help around with the modding of stuff on this forum (Non technical stuff, general moderating, resolving issues, user/content managment etc)

    If anyone is interested please create a new thread here

    https://www.ummah.com/forum/new-content/59

    prefix it under application

    and if you can provide following details that would be great

    - Location / Time Zone
    - What time you are normally online
    - How long you spend on the forum per week/day

    Any questions let us know



    JZK

  • #2
    walaykum salam sajid can we put forward peeps who we think would be good?

    in my humble opinion these members would be good but obviously up to them (no pressure)

    my vote would be eesa the kiwi hes a good bro with a head screwed on, hes a mod at islamicboard too, i think hes got the experience by modding at islamicboard plus he seems to get on with everyone which is a plus

    Abisali wouldnt take no prionsers and any cat haters would automatically be perma banned

    ​​​​​@layla_ seems like she got her head screwed on plus shes into clenaing to she can clean up the threads lool!

    aelmo would be good too, being a teacher i assume shes quite organised, could imagine her with highlighters in hand ready to go on the ban spree lool

    Indefinable would be good, shes a mature sis who used to be on the islamicawakening forum so she knows how forums work (i assume)

    ermmm just my two pennies worth!

    Comment


    • #3
      Eesa the king, stoic believer and kiro will all make good mods
      I hope they apply, I know being mod requires giving up extra time
      i hope you find good candidates in sha Allah

      nudgetheputri1 definitely someone I can see as a new female mod
      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

      So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

      Comment


      • #4
        Someone who is just as cool and laid back like sajid would be good.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
          walaykum salam sajid can we put forward peeps who we think would be good?

          in my humble opinion these members would be good but obviously up to them (no pressure)

          my vote would be eesa the kiwi hes a good bro with a head screwed on, hes a mod at islamicboard too, i think hes got the experience by modding at islamicboard plus he seems to get on with everyone which is a plus

          Abisali wouldnt take no prionsers and any cat haters would automatically be perma banned

          ​​​​​@layla_ seems like she got her head screwed on plus shes into clenaing to she can clean up the threads lool!

          aelmo would be good too, being a teacher i assume shes quite organised, could imagine her with highlighters in hand ready to go on the ban spree lool

          Indefinable would be good, shes a mature sis who used to be on the islamicawakening forum so she knows how forums work (i assume)

          ermmm just my two pennies worth!
          I need to take your pocket money off you.

          Comment


          • #6
            I nominate Indefinable and/or neelu

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Sunnah View Post
              I nominate Indefinable and/or neelu
              yes sister neelu is a really good shout, shes an old school member, got her head screwed on and has good posts too

              Comment


              • #8
                eesa the kiwi + Indefinable

                If time and fate permits, I recommend it..!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
                  walaykum salam sajid can we put forward peeps who we think would be good?

                  in my humble opinion these members would be good but obviously up to them (no pressure)

                  my vote would be eesa the kiwi hes a good bro with a head screwed on, hes a mod at islamicboard too, i think hes got the experience by modding at islamicboard plus he seems to get on with everyone which is a plus

                  Abisali wouldnt take no prionsers and any cat haters would automatically be perma banned

                  ​​​​​@layla_ seems like she got her head screwed on plus shes into clenaing to she can clean up the threads lool!

                  aelmo would be good too, being a teacher i assume shes quite organised, could imagine her with highlighters in hand ready to go on the ban spree lool

                  Indefinable would be good, shes a mature sis who used to be on the islamicawakening forum so she knows how forums work (i assume)

                  ermmm just my two pennies worth!
                  I wouldn't be good. I'd instantly ban a troll without giving the them the benefit of a doubt.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Jazak Allah khair to those who suggested me but I really don't want to be a mod
                    Kiro Fakhri aelmo yasin almualim Indefinable would be my picks
                    "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Abisali View Post

                      I wouldn't be good. I'd instantly ban a troll without giving the them the benefit of a doubt.
                      That's maybe what the place needs
                      you can even sit in an armchair and stroke a cat while you ban people


                      #makeufgreatagain
                      "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I have a suggestion that could change ummah forum history.

                        make some users mods on a pro rata basis (if that's the word).
                        so users can mod for a week or two, then take a break while other users step in.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          And that's how it continues. Still requires dedication.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                            Eesa the king, stoic believer and kiro will all make good mods
                            I hope they apply, I know being mod requires giving up extra time
                            i hope you find good candidates in sha Allah

                            nudgetheputri1 definitely someone I can see as a new female mod
                            I feel honoured! :)
                            Would love to give it a try

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

                              That's maybe what the place needs
                              you can even sit in an armchair and stroke a cat while you ban people


                              #makeufgreatagain
                              Maybe when I become a millionaire and can just outright purchase Ummah Forums.

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X