This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by neelu View Post

Rishta searches are BRUTAL. People need nerves of steel to go through it. So many nasty superficial people out there picking flaws in everything. I point blank refused to send out my photo to most people. Maybe that's why I'm still single lol, but I couldn't go through that.

I found it enough of a dent to my self esteem (before I became ill) when I sent out loads of CVs and kept getting rejected during a period of unemployment.
    it is brutal and I wish people would understand that, not easy at all, embarrassing for us women
    I had to send my pictures otherwise it was doomsday
    id be questioned what are my intentions and tick tock tick tock

It would be nicer if people had the courage to meet someone without seeing pictures but no one wants to risk wasting time and that too is understandable, the only issue is for some of us we are not photogenic

It is very easy when you have it all and are blessed with natural beauty, the rest of us mediocre people just have to accept it ​​​ with disappointment

saying that, being stubborn about not sending photos is a problem because you won't be getting anywhere

Times have changed, no matter how much we hate sending our pictures across

We either sit looking pretty or actually take action by doing something about being single

​​​​​​Some girls get lucky and don't have to do any of this malarkey

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Originally posted by MyUsernameIs... View Post

I know of a few friends who have seen at least 20 different families in their rishta search. Have no idea how they do it!
      The mere thought of having to filter through multiple men all the time is draining enough.
      I find the more emotionally detached you generally are as a person the better you are at these tasks.
      What's wrong with it? It's window shopping, women love that sort of thing. You have a day out, have something to eat, have a little chat and then go home.

Comment

• "TOTAL mingers"...that is acceptable language to describe some of Allah's creation who did nothing wrong except exercise their choice...interesting. no doubt pointing this out will be classed as "harassment"

Comment

• Originally posted by Eorlingas View Post
          "TOTAL mingers"...that is acceptable language to describe some of Allah's creation who did nothing wrong except exercise their choice...interesting. no doubt pointing this out will be classed as "harassment"
          point is, they were unattractive
          Do you still like me because you do read my messages but you don't read my messages.
          ​​​​​​ I think you have a crush on me, it has to be it because no one can be this hung up

​​​You definitely like me because you are always interested in what I have to say and you follow my posts

*Giggles*

Please contact a mod, I saw a moderator online today
          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

point is, they were unattractive
            Do you still like me because you do read my messages but you don't read my messages.
            ​​​​​​ I think you have a crush on me, it has to be it because no one can be this hung up

​​​You definitely like me because you are always interested in what I have to say and you follow my posts

*Giggles*

Please contact a mod, I saw a moderator online today
            Hey. They probably wanted to feel good about themselves.
            https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiro View Post

So you find it appropriate and acceptable to describe people as "Total mingers" and tell members of the opposite sex that they "like" you..duly noted

Comment

So you find it appropriate and acceptable to describe people as "Total mingers" and tell members of the opposite sex that they "like" you..duly noted
                If I was able to edit my post. I would delete the "hey" part.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

I don't know what it will give someone to turn someone else down because they don't find them visually appealing. Everyone has a preference. If you feel the person is not right for you (general) then look elsewhere.

But it is rude to refer to people in that manner.

Comment

If I was able to edit my post. I would delete the "hey" part.
                    You win the internet!

Top post of 2020
                    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Originally posted by neelu View Post

You win the internet!

Top post of 2020
                      Thank you sensei. I am honored.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

• I see that some are afraid to give a straight answer to avoid incriminating their "mate". Or maybe they really do find nothing wrong with being referred to as "total mingers" and to be told they have a "crush" on someone. How lightly they take the commandment about being just to all no matter if they are rich, poor, family, friend or foe. Integrity and sincerity appear to be in very short supply.

Now I expect more personal attacks unrelated to the points at hand.

Comment

I see that some are afraid to give a straight answer to avoid incriminating their "mate". Or maybe they really do find nothing wrong with being referred to as "total mingers" and to be told they have a "crush" on someone. How lightly they take the commandment about being just to all no matter if they are rich, poor, family, friend or foe. Integrity and sincerity appear to be in very short supply.

Now I expect more personal attacks unrelated to the points at hand.
                          Are you referring to me? I repent to Allah. I didn't mean it like that...

Ephemeral reader

Comment

• Not sure what else could have been meant by quoting my post and making a glib remark instead of responding to the points made.

Let's imagine that I referred to some potential "sisters'" as "TOTAL mingers" and a female user objected to my use of that term. Now imagine I responded to that female user by telling them that they had a "crush" on me. Now imagine another female user referring to your post as "post of the year". You can't imagine it can you? It wouldn't happen.

Hopefully we have all learnt something about ourselves to improve upon from this distasteful episode.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X