Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you ever feel guilty spending on yourself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miss Foxxy View Post
    I love spending but not necessarily on myself! I'll spoil everyone around me (as silly as it sounds) nieces, nephew... brother... my mum!!
    Salaams miss foxxy, long time hope you're well in sha Allah 🙏🦊

Yea I'm in the same boat as you, I get a lot of pleasure to out of seeing others happy, brings a lot if joy Alhamdulillah Allahumma Bareek 👍

Comment

Originally posted by Eorlingas View Post
      Always feel a pang of guilt knowing there are kids around the world going to sleep hungry while I fritter money away on non essentials..anyone who says no is probably a completely self centred individual.
      Yea I feel guilty at times too when I think about it

Comment

When people talk about feeling so much guilt over hungry children but lacking in character or basic adaab.

Charity starts home. And charity can be anything from a smile to a gift.

Plenty of volunteering opportunities in the UK.
        Look after the elderly, talk to them. That is one good act as a muslim that won't require you to go abroad or weep in such sincere helplessness that you can't help those starving.

There are homeless people right here in the UK, without food. Why don't you find out what your local area provides and help out. Due to COVID there maybe some restrictions but there are many organisations that would love volunteers. Call them, email them, find a way to reach out because every little helps.
        ​​​​​​
        Or is it all talk and no action?

When a part of the body hurts, you don't just feel the pain projecting your own financial insecurities onto others and criticising others with your vain words, you humble yourself and look at the very dark place that pumps blood around your body. We should attempt to fix that first.

Everyone is accountabile for every little action for every penny they spend. Those with good character are very precious people because their good, sincere character is bigger than the amount they spend on material.

Some of us share our personal stories and we should avoid passing judgement.

Kindness doesn't cost a penny, when did you last feel guilty about being nasty to others?

Have you apologised to those that you have insulted?

None of these things will require us to spend money.

It is very easy to give the big talk. If we can't be nice to people that we interact with, God forbid a starving person comes to us for food!

​​​​​​
        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

I see the "ancient grandma" (30) managed to overcome her "tiredness" and shift her "aching old bones" to type a novel which I wont bother reading..have a well deserved rest after exerting yourself so much lol

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

Salaams miss foxxy, long time hope you're well in sha Allah 🙏🦊

Yea I'm in the same boat as you, I get a lot of pleasure to out of seeing others happy, brings a lot if joy Alhamdulillah Allahumma Bareek 👍
            Wasalaam, hey... yups! its been ages! I am well alhamdulillah, hope you are doing well too!

It's like money can buy happiness if you spend it on others!

Comment

I love spending but not necessarily on myself! I'll spoil everyone around me (as silly as it sounds) nieces, nephew... brother... my mum!!
              Hello, how are you long time no see
              How are you sister, what you upto these days.
              Visit my channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

Comment

Originally posted by muzzybee View Post

Hello, how are you long time no see
                How are you sister, what you upto these days.
                Well hello there Mr Bee! Yea, its been a couple of years I guess!!

I'm good thank you bhai! How are you? Well, not much - have loads of time to kill these days so found my way back to the forum! How about you?

Comment

Wasalaam, hey... yups! its been ages! I am well alhamdulillah, hope you are doing well too!

It's like money can buy happiness if you spend it on others!
                  yea true say...

saying that its nice getting treated too lol

Comment

Well hello there Mr Bee! Yea, its been a couple of years I guess!!

I'm good thank you bhai! How are you? Well, not much - have loads of time to kill these days so found my way back to the forum! How about you?
                    Yah good thanks, how's South Africa these days.
                    Are you still in SA or somewhere else.
                    Hope you stick around this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

yea true say...

saying that its nice getting treated too lol
                      Yea defo...
                      Gift giving is encouraged in Islam! I'll have the iFly experience thanks

Comment

Yah good thanks, how's South Africa these days.
                        Are you still in SA or somewhere else.
                        Hope you stick around this time.
                        I've left South Africa - I'm in the UK now, up North in Leeds...
                        I miss home so much man! Wanted to back to SA in March for a visit but then lockdown happened

Yea, I hope so too... Are you still in London?

Comment

I miss home so much man! Wanted to back to SA in March for a visit but then lockdown happened

Oh nice, yah home is where your heart is as always.
                          Yeah still in London.
                          Have you been to dewsbury, its a nice place with lots of Muslim presence.

Comment

you liking the uk?

why leeeeeeeeeeeeeds? lol

Comment

Oh nice, yah home is where your heart is as always.
                              Yeah still in London.
                              Have you been to dewsbury, its a nice place with lots of Muslim presence.
                              saville town in dewsbury is a messed up place bro lol

Comment

I remembered you from a few years back @Miss Foxxy! Your name 😉 is very distinctive.

Looks like covid brought back a few familiar faces these days. Or is it just me?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X