Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you ever feel guilty spending on yourself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Faith reloaded 2 View Post

whaaat. £1400?! why was it so expensive?
    whole house.
    And whatever you have of favor - it is from Allah. Then when adversity touches you, to Him you cry for help

[an-Nahl 16:53].

Comment

No

Last edited by Ya'sin; 23-11-20, 12:40 AM.
      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

I don’t feel guilty spending on myself. I’d feel guilty spending someone else’s money on my self, even if it was a parent or a spouse but as for my own money, then no I don’t feel guilty. I’m also not a shopaholic and only treat myself to things that I really want or need & ive been fortunate enough to be able to sell loads of things on eBay when I get bored of it. Most my money goes on my children or my house, so anything I buy for myself is definitely well deserved (and well needed!)
        https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

No, I never felt guilty.. On the other hand, I always spend myself after fullfilling my husband and my family members' desires. Most of the time I only get little money for myself.But, I spend it happily for me

Comment

Always feel a pang of guilt knowing there are kids around the world going to sleep hungry while I fritter money away on non essentials..anyone who says no is probably a completely self centred individual.

Comment

Originally posted by Eorlingas View Post
              Always feel a pang of guilt knowing there are kids around the world going to sleep hungry while I fritter money away on non essentials..anyone who says no is probably a completely self centred individual.
              ^
              ​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts. Thank you! (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Comment

I definitely feel guilty spending on myself, I feel like in the past I have accidently wasted a lot of money without realising, may Allaah forgive me for doing this. Insha' Allah I want to give the stuff away, like I have so many abayahs and how many can a person wear? Having less is better (for me). So now I try not to buy things unless necessary. It would be different if I was purchasing thing for the benefit of others, i.e when I get married, I would not feel guilty buying makeup/perfumes to wear at home etc. But right now, yes I would feel guilty. I can spend loads on others and it would never be a waste, but on myself I would consider it a waste. At the moment I do work and i have recently started trying to save, just in-case of the future/emergencies and because I don't want to work after marriage Insha'Allah (if that is in my Qadr). But yeah even saving sometimes I start feeling :/ about, because other people are struggling and starving, and I feel like I should do more. May Allaah guide all of us. Aameen.

I don't feel guilty buying stuff I need or use, but I mean luxuries.

Comment

Who doesn't?

Comment

No

I buy too much, with my own earned money of course

Comment

Self centred? We have Zakat and Sadaqah. The OP didn’t ask if we feel guilty on spending on non essentials, he simply asked if we feel guilty on spending on ourselves. We are people of balance. I don’t know how it makes someone self centred to not feel guilty if they spend on themselves....

"And do not make your hand as chained to your neck or extend it completely and thereby become blamed and insolvent." (Quran 17:29).

Comment

Still no.

If you cant spend on yourself then you cant spend on others. Simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
                          salaams peeps soooo do you ever feel guilty spending on yourself?
                          Yeah all the time. I'm reasonably sensible but strictly speaking a lot of what I get I could live without, at least for a certain period of time.

Those Hermes and LV bags as investments...I mean really?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

Self centred? We have Zakat and Sadaqah. The OP didn’t ask if we feel guilty on spending on non essentials, he simply asked if we feel guilty on spending on ourselves. We are people of balance. I don’t know how it makes someone self centred to not feel guilty if they spend on themselves....

"And do not make your hand as chained to your neck or extend it completely and thereby become blamed and insolvent." (Quran 17:29).
                            I'm pretty sure the OP was not talking about buying yourself a loaf of bread or pint of milk. He was referring to adding another outfit to any already bursting wardrobe or another pair of shoes or some other unnecessary material item. I think it is self centred. You may disagree and this very thread shows that your view is probably shared by the majority. Materialism is most definately the new normal.

When a part of the body hurts, the whole body feels the pain.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the OP was not talking about buying yourself a loaf of bread or pint of milk. He was referring to adding another outfit to any already bursting wardrobe or another pair of shoes or some other unnecessary material item. I think it is self centred. You may disagree and this very thread shows that your view is probably shared by the majority. Materialism is most definately the new normal.

When a part of the body hurts, the whole body feels the pain.
                              I dont necessarily disagree with it, I was being a literalist when I read the OP's post

Comment

I love spending but not necessarily on myself! I'll spoil everyone around me (as silly as it sounds) nieces, nephew... brother... my mum!!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X