Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The dying qadiri's sufism dhikr part of islam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question? The dying qadiri's sufism dhikr part of islam?

The dying qadiri's sufism dhikr part of islam?

guys i my parents are sufi's/sunnis we are not that much different from ''suni's'' however we do to much dhikr and thats our only difference we still like pray 5 times a day and do all the nessecary steps of islam allhamdullah but what would you say about this for example brothers/sisters? do you think this is bad and i should leave this type of stuff and stict to sunni hanafi instead (wich is the majority).

link for people that dont know what sufism is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zazYLEcWjRc&t=662s

sufis defend themselfs with this hadith

– There is a hadith that says do dhikr until the people think that you are majnoon.

– Majnoon means somebody who is crazy.

The Prophet, SallAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam, said:
    ‘udhkur Allaha hatta yaqulu majnun’

“Remember / mention Allah as much as you want, until people say that you are crazy and foolish”
    [Narrated by Ahmad in his Musnad, Ibn Hibban in his Sahih, and al-Hakim who declared it sahih]

Comment

Originally posted by Sharp_shooter88 View Post
      sufis defend themselfs with this hadith

– There is a hadith that says do dhikr until the people think that you are majnoon.

– Majnoon means somebody who is crazy.

The Prophet, SallAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam, said:
      ‘udhkur Allaha hatta yaqulu majnun’

“Remember / mention Allah as much as you want, until people say that you are crazy and foolish”
      [Narrated by Ahmad in his Musnad, Ibn Hibban in his Sahih, and al-Hakim who declared it sahih]
      Dear akhi,
      This is twisting the hadith(remember Allah by things like tasbih till the point where people question your sanity and not by jumping around till people think your crazy) Follow the majority not fringe groups my brother.
      I think you should leave this practice as the companions of the prophet did not do such things.
      The Hanafi, Shaf'i, Hanbali, and Maliki schools of thought are far better(as they represent the majority in Fiqhi wise in Ahlul Sunnah Wa Jammah) for you instead of this, as the sahabah radiullah'anhu didn't get in circles and shake their heads.
      There are some etiquette for making dikhr, There was a time where I was invited to a gathering before and they were super hospitable sufi muslims however some of there dikhr was not from the Sunnah so I found it uncomfortable. There dikhr was saying some things from a book in conjunction with mentioning the names of sufi saints (like abul qadir al jaylani ). As a Muslim this disturbed me as the Sunnah does not command this type of sainthood and odd dikhr, I know very little about fiqh but I understood this is how Shaytan got the people of Nuh to worship old saints.

Sufism in my humble opinion is a way shaytan is deceiving people, I pray Allah guides you.
      Remember when in doubt just follow the way of the Sahabah, they fought(and sufism is apparently against that too), they remembered Allah in a reasonable fashion, they didn't worship at graves, they didn't practice innovation that so many people are now proud of. The Sahabah were not flowery saints that flew around and did miracles, but they followed the path of Rasulallah, Ambiyaa(may Allah shower peace and blessings upon them) , and the righteous servants of Allah who proceeded them.

Imām al-Barbahārī (rahimahullāh, died 329 AH) stated: “Know that Allah’s Messenger (salallāhu ‘alaihi wasallam) said: “My ummah will divide into 73 sects, all of them will be in the Fire except for one, and that is the Jamā’ah.” It was said, “And who are they, O Allah’s Messenger?” He (salallāhu ‘alaihi wasallam) responded, “That which I and my Companions are upon today.

The Jews also do there dances and stuff and broke off, the Christians have different denominations and practices which contradicts their own books.
      So be careful about bid'ah practices, be polite with your family and inform them once you get a better idea of the Sunnah.

Some guidelines on dikhr:
      https://www.islam21c.com/islamic-law...forming-dhikr/

Ibn Umar reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Verily, Allah will not let my nation agree upon misguidance. The hand of Allah is over the united community.”

Al-Tirmidhi said, “The interpretation of the united community, according to the scholars, are the people of Fiqh, knowledge, and Hadith.”

Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 2167

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Albani

So look at the majority of the mainstream scholars and follow them. As sufi practices do not hold the majority in the scholarship of this Ummah, and that I know for a fact.
      But you should ask a local trusted sheikh that are knowledgeable in Islamic schools of thought or an Islamic Q&A website or even shows like Huda TV or https://www.islamweb.net/en/ run by Assim Al Hakim. I am not too knowledgeable to answer your question really sorry bro.

Best wishes my brother, I can sympathize and understand the position you are in but I am ignorant concerning this field I just wanted to be of assistance as much as I can.
      Last edited by Ibn_Rawah; 18-10-20, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X