replied
    That sound pretty cool. Thanks for sharing

Leave a comment:

• Magic.
    replied
    Originally posted by RED ICON View Post

was that under biology? seems kinda advanced
    English Language.

I was analysing a transcript from a reality show, where this woman on this show was very aggressive. Part of the analysis, was looking at the aggressive language and in that piece, she used a lot of sarcasm and from the journals I was reading, it showed that sarcasm is essentially bullying. It's best to be direct with people.

Leave a comment:

• RED ICON
    replied
    Actually I didn't want to trouble the sheikh, I usually ask him important questions but this seems too menial I did not want to waste his time. May Allah have mercy on him and grand him jannat ul firdaus for his service to the ummah.

Leave a comment:

• RED ICON
    replied
    Originally posted by Magic. View Post
    Depends on the context. But sarcasm is also bullying. Remember studying its psychological impact at a-level.
    was that under biology? seems kinda advanced

Leave a comment:

• Wosits
    replied
    Can't imagine why it would not be halal.

Leave a comment:

• Magic.
    replied
    Depends on the context. But sarcasm is also bullying. Remember studying its psychological impact at a-level.

Leave a comment:

• Sunnah
    replied
    Here is a social media dialogue.
    My friend: Hey what are you doing online its 3 am! You should sleep!
    Me: Nothing much in fact I just woke up :D\
    My friend: That's bad just sleep "angry emoji"
    Me: Okay boss Imma sleep right away for no reason bye>>>

*I don't actually sleep.*

I just dont' wanna be awkward and I want to simply continue the flow of the conversation. So is that alright? Am I being hysterical? I would not normally think this way but I heard that even in jokes you shouldn't lie so I want to be certain.
    Ask https://www.assimalhakeem.net/ask-a-question/

Leave a comment:

• Bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

You linked to a Shia site.

-_-
    I wasn't sure
    okay.
    ​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Abu 'Abdullaah
    replied
    Originally posted by Bolt View Post

idk man just tell me what i did wrong so I can move on already.
    You linked to a Shia site.

-_-

Leave a comment:

• Bolt
    replied

Eh?
    idk man just tell me what i did wrong so I can move on already.

Leave a comment:

• Abu 'Abdullaah
    replied

what
    I don't have anything against them but other people ;-;
    Eh?

Leave a comment:

• Bolt
    replied

Is there something wrong with you?
    what
    I don't have anything against them but other people ;-;

Leave a comment:

• Abu 'Abdullaah
    replied
    ...(fair warning, I think it is a Shia site).
    Is there something wrong with you?

Leave a comment:

• RED ICON
    replied

Yeah
    I remember reading a post on islamQA about lying on April fool's and they said that it was prohibited; the evidence seems to point in the direction of avoiding that if it involved lying. Would think that exaggerated expressions that no one would believe in would be fine; but the question would be better addressed @ islamQA since there's actually no Fatwa that shows up if you type sarcasm.
    Okay! This is a close example. I can work with this. I think I have a good idea on how to deal with sarcasm now.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt
    replied

That's 100 percent shia site bro... Getting hadith from them is like downloading a file from a malicious email. They are both going to be corrupted....
    Need good sources from islamqa or something. If they are not present someone should make them. You know the more you think about it fatwas or rulings from scholars regarding modern problems are lacking. Stuff like this makes me want to be a scholar so that I may do everyone a favor.
    I will take that advice though. Making sure the other person clearly knows it was sarcasm seems harmless enough to me. Jazakallah.
    Yeah
    I remember reading a post on islamQA about lying on April fool's and they said that it was prohibited; the evidence seems to point in the direction of avoiding that if it involved lying. Would think that exaggerated expressions that no one would believe in would be fine; but the question would be better addressed @ islamQA since there's actually no Fatwa that shows up if you type sarcasm.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X