Question for UK Muslims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for UK Muslims

Do practicing Muslims in the UK avoid wearing clothing with the British/English flag due to there being a cross or do they somehow justify it? Also, was this ever a source of tension with the public school system or those who riticize Muslims for not assimilating?

I watched a few videos on wearing clothing with Shirk/Kufr symbols and they referenced the cross as the quintessential example. Do people generally acknowledge the "+" on the British and other European flags as Christian crosses?

Question:

Is it haram for muslims to keep an item like key ring,tshirt,football etc with the union jack flag on it because of the cross?

Answer:

It is believed that the origins of the Union Jack flag is from the Christian cross and thus it is totally impermissible to wear or keep any ring, clothes etc, that has the Union Jack flag on them.

Also, to keep or wear any country flags shows and encourages nationalism, which is Haraam too.

One should remember that Islam does not recognise any flag but the flag of ‘La Ilaha Illallahu Muhammadur Rasulullah.’

And Only Allah Ta’ala Knows Best.

https://islamqa.org/hanafi/muftisays/10536

Comment

Its something that can be easily avoidable and practising muslims will easily avoid it, whatever the ruling might be.

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antê” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

I agree with muzzybee, it can easily be avoided. Come to think of it i haven't seen many clothes with British or euoropean flag son it.f
        'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]'

Surah Ibrahim (14:7)

Comment

Originally posted by detached soul View Post
          I agree with muzzybee, it can easily be avoided. Come to think of it i haven't seen many clothes with British or euoropean flag son it.f
          Right on. I guess I just find it strange how your country has a Christian cross on its flag and nobody really makes an issue out of it. Perhaps wearing clothing with the flags of nations on them isn't advisable in general, but it's far worse when the flag contains Kufr & Shirk. Like if England plays in the World Cup or whatever, then Muslims shouldn't put this Christian on their car windows (I don't know if you guys do that there as well).

Interesting stuff.

Comment

Typo: "Like if England plays in the World Cup or whatever, then Muslims shouldn't put this Christian flag on their car windows."

Comment

Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post

Right on. I guess I just find it strange how your country has a Christian cross on its flag and nobody really makes an issue out of it. Perhaps wearing clothing with the flags of nations on them isn't advisable in general, but it's far worse when the flag contains Kufr & Shirk. Like if England plays in the World Cup or whatever, then Muslims shouldn't put this Christian on their car windows (I don't know if you guys do that there as well).

Interesting stuff.
              Brother its not really noticeable, that the english flag has a cross in it, its not blatant like a cross and nothing else on the flag but the british flag has diagonal lines going through it as well so i wouldn’t have noticed that there was a cross in the British flag untill you told me in your original post. I don’t know if its haram to display the british flag in your car or in your window when England are playing in the world cup.

i think you may be reading too much into it.

Comment

Brother its not really noticeable, that the english flag has a cross in it, its not blatant like a cross and nothing else on the flag but the british flag has diagonal lines going through it as well so i wouldn’t have noticed that there was a cross in the British flag untill you told me in your original post. I don’t know if its haram to display the british flag in your car or in your window when England are playing in the world cup.

i think you may be reading too much into it.
                I'm definitely not reading anything into it. These are the facts:

1. The British and other European flags contain Christian crosses on them
                2. Islam prohibits wearing clothing or endorsing Kufr synbols

I find it hard to imagine anyone allowing us to display the British flag under unnecessary circumstances like the World Cup. Perhaps this would only take place if the individual wasn't aware that the "+" in the Union Jack is officially recognized as a cross:

"a new flag to represent this regal union between England and Scotland was specified in a royal decree, according to which the flag of England, a red cross on a white background, known as St George's Cross"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Jack

"In heraldry, Saint George's Cross, also called the Cross of Saint George, is a red cross on a white background, which from the Late Middle Ages became associated with Saint George, the military saint, often depicted as a crusader.

Associated with the crusades, the red-on-white cross has its origins in the 10th century. It was used as the ensign of the Republic of Genoa perhaps as early as during the 10th century."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Genoa

Comment

I'm definitely not reading anything into it. These are the facts:

1. The British and other European flags contain Christian crosses on them
                  2. Islam prohibits wearing clothing or endorsing Kufr synbols

I find it hard to imagine anyone allowing us to display the British flag under unnecessary circumstances like the World Cup. Perhaps this would only take place if the individual wasn't aware that the "+" in the Union Jack is officially recognized as a cross:

"a new flag to represent this regal union between England and Scotland was specified in a royal decree, according to which the flag of England, a red cross on a white background, known as St George's Cross"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Jack

"In heraldry, Saint George's Cross, also called the Cross of Saint George, is a red cross on a white background, which from the Late Middle Ages became associated with Saint George, the military saint, often depicted as a crusader.

Associated with the crusades, the red-on-white cross has its origins in the 10th century. It was used as the ensign of the Republic of Genoa perhaps as early as during the 10th century."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Genoa
                  Thank you for sharing that information with us. In this case we should refrain from displaying the british and other european flags which contain the cross in them and are symbols of kufr and shirk. Im just saying some people may be unaware that the british and other euoropean flags depict the cross.

Did you know that wearing a
                  tie for men is also depicting and signifying that christian cross?

Comment

Did you know that wearing a
                    tie for men is also depicting and signifying that christian cross?
                    The tie isn't the same as the Christian cross on the flag. To be honest I've heard the claim but never really looked into it myself. I kind of remember watching a video along time ago where Zakir Naik explained the matter. There's a difference between historical symbols of the Kuffar and that which still holds cultural and religious relevance.

Comment

I believe this might be it:

Comment

The tie isn't the same as the Christian cross on the flag.
                        How is it different? They are both promoting and depicting Christianity through the cross!

There are many instances like these in which flags and logos are promoting and propagating Christianity consciously or sub consciously.

Comment

I stand corrected, according to popular shariah opinion the tie is not a symbol of Christianity, my bad statement.

Comment

Working...
                          X