Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay selling phone - buyer offering too much

Salam

I hope you're all well in Sha Allah. I'm selling an old phone of mine on ebay and I've exchanged messages with a buyer a few times today. He is willing to pay £70s MORE for the phone PLUS an extra £100 for delivery to Nigeria. He wanted my PayPal and name so he can send me the payment.

Not sure what to do. Red a few things online about a potential scam that happened a few years ago with phones and buyers from Nigeria. But, is he is willing to pay me via PayPal and if and when I receive the money - doesn't that show that he is a safe and reliable buyer? Please assist. He is waiting for my 'urgent' response. Lol.
    The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Only considering his offer because its been the highest one so far and the supports the actual value of a used phone with a model like mine. But I'm not sure if I'm gonna get scammed even though I ain't paying anything.

H e L P please
    The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Comment

What is the gut instinct saying?
      ​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts. Thank you! (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Comment

Waalaikumussalam

Don't do it.
        Stay within uk

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,Uhibbuki mithla m ant Uhibbuki kaifam kunteeeWa mahm kna mahma sra

Comment

I'm just thinking - why not give it a go? It's just my PayPal details... But I think I'm being too naive with regards to my approach. I still feel unsure.

Comment

I have nothing to lose, only him?

Comment

It's a scam.

Comment

Sounds very suspicious. What’s his ebay profile like, was it created recently, have you checked his feedback

And yes, you can still get scammed. He wants your paypal email address, why? Sounds like he just wants your email address so he can spoof a fake paypal confirmation of payment to your email, making you think that you’ve been paid when he hasnt, tricking you into giving the phone away for free

Comment

This has scam written all over, sister. Would 'urgently' advise avoiding.
                  ​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts. Thank you! (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Comment

If he pays me I can just check my actual PayPal account to verify his purchase. I won't be getting scammed? I checked his reviews. About 25 businesses praising him as a good buyer with immediate payments but I'm not sure because they all had the same sort of writing style

Also he says he wants to buy a phone for his grandson but my phone is rose gold

And I offered him a normal price and he just said he will pay me £70 extra for the phone plus delivery

Confusion

Comment

Okay you know what... I'll avoid in sha Allah as my gut instinct is saying no and I was unsure about it since the beginning.

Jazakamullahu khayra.

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
                        Okay you know what... I'll avoid in sha Allah as my gut instinct is saying no and I was unsure about it since the beginning.

Jazakamullahu khayra.
                        See this

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/...m/td-p/576358#

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,Uhibbuki mithla m ant Uhibbuki kaifam kunteeeWa mahm kna mahma sra

Comment

Yeah I saw that. Just surprised the same thing is happening to sellers in 2020. Baarakallahu feekum.

Comment

You should ask him why he needs your paypal details when he can pay directly through ebay paypal

would be amusing to see what nonsense he comes up with

Comment

To think I was actually gonna test it out and send him my PayPal email SubhanAllah glad I posted this thread, saved me from some troubles alhamdulillah.

Comment

Working...
                              X