Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Random Thoughts Megathread v3.0(daily chat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salam brothers and sisters. May allah bless all of yous.

I have a problem.
    I keep getting seriously evil thoughts about Islam, I hate these thoughts so much, they give me anxiety, and I WANT to be a muslim.
    Other websites keep telling me I'm not a muslim if I get doubts, I don't want doubts, so I have to say the shahadah a million times a day.
    I feel like I'm kicked out of Islam for having these thoughts, and I've been fighting this battle for 6 months now.
    But it's getting too difficult.

I heard it's waswas, I am trying SOO hard to ignore these evil thoughts, but they're luring me in.
    I doubt rasulullah saw, I LOVE HIM as much as this, but these doubts are killing me.
    I doubt Islam, but I find this religion more beautiful than my own SOUL, but it's hard to avoid.

Well I don't doubt Allah swt as much, because there is DEFINATELY A GOD.
    But I always go on the internet trying to find evidence that proves Islam true and rasulullah saw. I try to find and type up miracles or Islam, but the doubts are getting more intense, they tell me the miracles are sihr or something else.

I always dream of being with Allah and his rasool in Jannah, happily, but something tells me that it won't happen.
    I read ayatul kursi and more surahs and duas, It's not helping as much, I even ask forgiveness from Allah swt.

Secondly, I've noticed I've been getting the symptoms of OCD, because the following apply to me:

- Doubts about religion/ god, gender and orientation, and germs.
    - Intrusive thoughts, that I HATE
    - Weird compulsions (Reading shahadah again and again, reading nafl because I think Allah won't accept the Namaz)
    - Fear of leaving Islam, going to hell, becoming gay (bi) or trans
    - And anxiety, sad for no real reason

And I've noticed something else.
    Whenever I'm on my menstrual cycle, the doubts apply MORE, but usually when I read Qur'an and Namaz and I'm pure, they aren't as Intense.
    I wish I could literally KILL the shaytan or illness behind all this.

Secondly, I hear these weird breathing noises, mainly near my right ear, but when I ignore it, it goes away.
    I also feel like Allah hates me, or Allah doesn't want to see me or he probably doesn't want me in Islam.
    It's weird how these things apply when I stop reading namaz (doing good deeds etc)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me, Please answer this, this is serious, I feel like I'm in a battle alone, like a million different lies are being told to me and I don't know which one is true etc.
    Jazakallah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Little_Muslimah View Post
      Salam brothers and sisters. May allah bless all of yous.

I have a problem.
      I keep getting seriously evil thoughts about Islam, I hate these thoughts so much, they give me anxiety, and I WANT to be a muslim.
      Other websites keep telling me I'm not a muslim if I get doubts, I don't want doubts, so I have to say the shahadah a million times a day.
      I feel like I'm kicked out of Islam for having these thoughts, and I've been fighting this battle for 6 months now.

I heard it's waswas, I am trying SOO hard to ignore these evil thoughts, but they're luring me in.
      I doubt rasulullah saw, I LOVE HIM as much as this, but these doubts are killing me.
      I doubt Islam, but I find this religion more beautiful than my own SOUL, but it's hard to avoid.

But I always go on the internet trying to find evidence that proves Islam true and rasulullah saw. I try to find and type up miracles or Islam, but the doubts are getting more intense, they tell me the miracles are sihr or something else.

I always dream of being with Allah and his rasool in Jannah, happily, but something tells me that it won't happen.
      I read ayatul kursi and more surahs and duas, It's not helping as much, I even ask forgiveness from Allah swt.

Secondly, I've noticed I've been getting the symptoms of OCD, because the following apply to me:

- Weird compulsions (Reading shahadah again and again, reading nafl because I think Allah won't accept the Namaz)

Whenever I'm on my menstrual cycle, the doubts apply MORE, but usually when I read Qur'an and Namaz and I'm pure, they aren't as Intense.

Secondly, I hear these weird breathing noises, mainly near my right ear, but when I ignore it, it goes away.
      I also feel like Allah hates me, or Allah doesn't want to see me or he probably doesn't want me in Islam.
      It's weird how these things apply when I stop reading namaz (doing good deeds etc)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me, Please answer this, this is serious, I feel like I'm in a battle alone, like a million different lies are being told to me and I don't know which one is true etc.
      Jazakallah.
      Sister how do you spend your day? Do you have good friends? Do spend time with your family?

Comment

• Originally posted by neelu View Post

The scaremongering thing you posted wasn't true. Take a look at the link Zizou posted and it offers further clarity. Don't get me wrong, we know full well that governments and especially kufaar governments do not really have our interests at heart and are more interested in making their wealthy friends richer, but it doesn't mean that every conspiracy theory on the internet is based on fact.
        I did further research and yes this post I shared is false. They won't detain the child away from family.

My sister called local schools up today

IMG-20200814-WA0002.jpg
        There is a clock on your forehead counting down to the time of your death. Only Allah knows how many seconds are left on it

Comment

Salam brothers and sisters. May allah bless all of yous.

I have a problem.

Jazakallah.
          That does sound like waswasa and OCD. There's a very good book out there called "Decisive belief" that proves the truth of Islam, if you don't mind a long read. A friend of mine has it, if you want I can ask her for the link to the online version.

As for the waswasa, listen to surah baqarah everyday. It's even better if you can recite it everyday but I understand if you can't as it's a long surah and would take time so not everyone can do that. I listen to it most days. I should warn you though, the first few weeks or months I started listening to it, I had a bad reaction to it- it made me aggressive and put me in a bad mood. I used to get a lot of problems back then and it took a loooong time to get used to listening to it. Even now I usually have to avoid listening to it the day my period starts, but I can listen to it on almost all other days. I can't explain why it affects me so much I just know that it does.

Some years ago I used to get a negative, hostile feeling about anything Islamic and I don't know how to explain that because I personally am not hostile to Islam and jump to defend it when it is attacked. I think shaytan was trying to influence me and it was a form of waswasa- part of that feeling came from shaytan and part of that feeling came from my own feelings of disillusionment. I wasn't disillusioned about Islam itself, I was disillusioned that my illness became so severe, that I couldn't practice it anymore, couldn't fast anymore, couldn't pray anymore and on top of that if I talked to anyone about it, I'd get the guilt trips and the accusations of not being a Muslim anymore which only made matters worse.

It took me some time to realise I had to learn to reconnect to Islam in a different way- I mean I still adhere to Quran and Sunnah, but I don't define how good a Muslim I am by how much I can physically do anymore as I'm disabled and can't physically do most of the required actions. I learned to ignore the ignorant (perhaps well meaning but still ignorant) people piling on the guilt trips. I learned to spend some of my time on halal stuff that made me happy and took my mind off these problems. It was really hard going through all that. I'm still struggling with severe illness so it's still hard, but at least I'm not encountering the waswasa related problems anymore so that's one less problem I'm dealing with. I did see a good raqi at the time who was recommended strongly by my best friend and although I was very skeptical about ruqya at first, with hindsight I think he helped- gave some of the boost I needed to set my head straight even though we didn't see eye to eye on everything, but agreed enough with the premise of handling the situation in an Islamic way that prompted me to gradually handle things better. Without him I felt like I was fighting shaytan alone. With his advice I first felt like he was an extra weapon I had against shaytan- then he convinced me that he is a human being with no powers of his own and really both of us are relying on the help of Allah (swt)... at which point it became apparent that shaytan's power and influence is miniscule and insignificant up against the power of Allah (swt).

The fact that you're continually fighting the negative feelings is a good sign, that you're not letting it overwhelm or control you. That in itself is a sign of iman. That in itself is a sign of Allah's (swt) mercy- that He has not allowed you to become engulfed and lost in that void.
          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Originally posted by neelu View Post

That does sound like waswasa and OCD. There's a very good book out there called "Decisive belief" that proves the truth of Islam, if you don't mind a long read. A friend of mine has it, if you want I can ask her for the link to the online version.

As for the waswasa, listen to surah baqarah everyday. It's even better if you can recite it everyday but I understand if you can't as it's a long surah and would take time so not everyone can do that. I listen to it most days. I should warn you though, the first few weeks or months I started listening to it, I had a bad reaction to it- it made me aggressive and put me in a bad mood. I used to get a lot of problems back then and it took a loooong time to get used to listening to it. Even now I usually have to avoid listening to it the day my period starts, but I can listen to it on almost all other days. I can't explain why it affects me so much I just know that it does.

Some years ago I used to get a negative, hostile feeling about anything Islamic and I don't know how to explain that because I personally am not hostile to Islam and jump to defend it when it is attacked. I think shaytan was trying to influence me and it was a form of waswasa- part of that feeling came from shaytan and part of that feeling came from my own feelings of disillusionment. I wasn't disillusioned about Islam itself, I was disillusioned that my illness became so severe, that I couldn't practice it anymore, couldn't fast anymore, couldn't pray anymore and on top of that if I talked to anyone about it, I'd get the guilt trips and the accusations of not being a Muslim anymore which only made matters worse.

It took me some time to realise I had to learn to reconnect to Islam in a different way- I mean I still adhere to Quran and Sunnah, but I don't define how good a Muslim I am by how much I can physically do anymore as I'm disabled and can't physically do most of the required actions. I learned to ignore the ignorant (perhaps well meaning but still ignorant) people piling on the guilt trips. I learned to spend some of my time on halal stuff that made me happy and took my mind off these problems. It was really hard going through all that. I'm still struggling with severe illness so it's still hard, but at least I'm not encountering the waswasa related problems anymore so that's one less problem I'm dealing with. I did see a good raqi at the time who was recommended strongly by my best friend and although I was very skeptical about ruqya at first, with hindsight I think he helped- gave some of the boost I needed to set my head straight even though we didn't see eye to eye on everything, but agreed enough with the premise of handling the situation in an Islamic way that prompted me to gradually handle things better. Without him I felt like I was fighting shaytan alone. With his advice I first felt like he was an extra weapon I had against shaytan- then he convinced me that he is a human being with no powers of his own and really both of us are relying on the help of Allah (swt)... at which point it became apparent that shaytan's power and influence is miniscule and insignificant up against the power of Allah (swt).

The fact that you're continually fighting the negative feelings is a good sign, that you're not letting it overwhelm or control you. That in itself is a sign of iman. That in itself is a sign of Allah's (swt) mercy- that He has not allowed you to become engulfed and lost in that void.
            Assalamu alaikum dear brother/ sister.
            Thank you so much for understanding my problem, and not taking it too lightly. I understand you are going through a hard time yourself, and I apologise for that, may Allah continue to help you through it, ameen.
            I t would be very generous of you to send me an online link of the book, and I have sent you a message which is a little private, I hope you can support me through it.
            Jazakallah

Comment

• Originally posted by LaylaAb View Post

Sister how do you spend your day? Do you have good friends? Do spend time with your family?
              Assalamu alaikum sis,

Actually, due to the Covid-19 problem, I cannot go outside as much or visit my closest friends, but we do talk through online devices.
              I am not married yet, so I still live with my family, most of the time we do talk, but I do go online and spend my time on the internet.
              I post problems of myself or reply to anyone else's.
              But yes I do spend time with family.
              I have a close friend who is muslim and is very well mannered.

Please don't mind me asking sis, but what does it have to do with the problem???

Jazakallah

Comment

• SaIam everyone. have a little question I was wondering about.

Islam allows slavery, but that is for a good reason, right?
                But does Islam allow sex slavery?

Comment

• Fakhri, did you get a new vacuum?

I'm done with Henry, he is killing me, I just finished vacuuming the whole house. I started quite late and took very long breaks in between because I have to.

It's too heavy, I will have to get a smaller vacuum but the problem with them is that they pick up very little, you have to keep going over and over again

Would really like to get that dyson, but it's out of my budget at the moment. I think it's too expensive but i will have to invest in something that won't break all my bones.

I have hip problem and back pain (lol)

I know it's terrible, and I don't even have children yet, but what can you do.

Long term, I can't use Henry so I'm going to see if I can get something suitable.

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

SaIam everyone. have a little question I was wondering about.

Islam allows slavery, but that is for a good reason, right?
                    But does Islam allow sex slavery?
                    There's no such thing as sex slavery in islam.
                    ​​​​​​

Link 1 shows Islamicevidences for how slavery worked in islam

Link 2 is better in comparing slavery today with slavery in islam

https://www.islamicboard.com/discove...3-slavery.html

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ17DPEsUL0

Comment

• Link 2 is an ahmadiyya source i should have removed but i didnt realise but it does well in explaining that in the modern world slavery is more rampant than ever before and it is unrestricted unlike islam giving rights etc.

Also the effectiveness of islam in removing slavery

Comment

• Over this past year at jobs, i missed a total of 1 afternoon (3 hours) of work through illness

That is remarkable. I have barely missed a single day of work over the course of a whole year

Comment

• Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Look at those below you and do not look at those above you, for it is the best way not to belittle the favors of Allah.

Bukhari, Muslim

Comment

• Salam I have a question.

Are nose jobs or eye jobs haram??

So basically doing nose exercises to slim it and make it kind of thin, or eye exercises to make them healthier or bigger, but NO surgery????

Comment

• Originally posted by Faith reloaded 2 View Post
                              Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Look at those below you and do not look at those above you, for it is the best way not to belittle the favors of Allah.

Bukhari, Muslim
                              This really is some of the best advice one can receive. In addition to this, I like to think about how blessed I am to have Allah guide me to Islam. I was watching a lecture about how Abu Bakr (Radhi Allau Anhu) immediately accepted Islam when Prophet Muhammad received the revelation. He had no reservations about it whatsoever and it scares me to think that if I had been born during that time, perhaps I would have been and died a kafir? So now, when something aggravates or upsets me, I just remember that I was chosen to be guided by Allah and say Al-Hamdullilah. It really is the greatest gift that we could have ever gotten. May Allah guide us to build up our Iman and love for Allah and Islam as close to Abu Bakr's (Radhi Allau Anhu) Iman as possible.

Comment

Salam I have a question.

Are nose jobs or eye jobs haram??

So basically doing nose exercises to slim it and make it kind of thin, or eye exercises to make them healthier or bigger, but NO surgery????
                                I am pretty sure you can't make either larger through exercise. Exercise causes your muscles to tear and then rebuild, which results in larger muscles. Your nose is mostly cartilage and your eyes are just surrounded by skin except for the muscles that move them, which you'd really have no way to build up. I mean, if you could build up your eyes, your eye lids would be much larger than they are since you constantly blink.

Surgery is only allowed to correct a defect, such as a broken nose or a birth defect.

Comment

Working...
                                X