Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Random Thoughts Megathread v3.0(daily chat)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Indefinable
    Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post
    IMG-20210516-WA0029.jpg
    Not gonna lie I cracked up when I saw that lool 😂😂😂

Well done Indy it's the funniest thing youve ever posted loool 😂😂😂

Comment

• Originally posted by nudgetheputri1 View Post

Really?
      Yeah. It also contributed to the massive surge in coronavirus cases in India.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/...s-covid-surges

Comment

• Originally posted by neelu View Post
        TenToes not sure which incident Boris Johnson was referring to but there's a video clip on facebook claiming to be of someone driving past in a car saying obscene things about Jews. That video was taken down by facebook as it was fake (used stock video footage and imposed a voice on it). Not sure whether the incident referred to was real or not, but it doesn't matter- they will invent such incidents to make themselves look good and not issue any corrections if they get caught.

Those screenshots made me laugh so much
        I heard some talk about it being fake but also the police are saying they've arrested ppl. It was that vid, I assumed, unless it's the synagogue thing. If it is fake, I hope that gets found out cuz it was disgusting.

Comment

• Originally posted by neelu View Post
          TenToes not sure which incident Boris Johnson was referring to but there's a video clip on facebook claiming to be of someone driving past in a car saying obscene things about Jews. That video was taken down by facebook as it was fake (used stock video footage and imposed a voice on it). Not sure whether the incident referred to was real or not, but it doesn't matter- they will invent such incidents to make themselves look good and not issue any corrections if they get caught.

Those screenshots made me laugh so much
          I heard some talk about it being fake but also the police are saying they've arrested ppl. It was that vid, I assumed, unless it's the synagogue thing. If it is fake, I hope that gets found out cuz it was disgusting.

Comment

• I spent over an hour filming my teaching philosophy presentation and I didn’t realize there was a flipped table in the background of my video 🤦‍♀️

they were cleaning and I didn’t notice it. And I was going on and on about my safe classroom environment. I only realized by the end.

I had to film the whole thing all over again which took another hour. It’s not perfect but it’s good enough. I’m not going to let my perfectionism stress me out about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by aelmo View Post
              I spent over an hour filming my teaching philosophy presentation and I didn’t realize there was a flipped table in the background of my video 🤦‍♀️

they were cleaning and I didn’t notice it. And I was going on and on about my safe classroom environment. I only realized by the end.

I had to film the whole thing all over again which took another hour. It’s not perfect but it’s good enough. I’m not going to let my perfectionism stress me out about it.
              Are teachers always so busy?
              https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

• What did everyone do for Eid?

Ephemeral reader

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiro View Post

Are teachers always so busy?
                  Yes

Literally if my coordinator or principle come into my class and see that I am taking a break for a second then they will dig up any random thing for me to do to keep me busy.

Comment

What did everyone do for Eid?
                    The usual.

Comment

• Originally posted by aelmo View Post

Yes

Literally if my coordinator or principle come into my class and see that I am taking a break for a second then they will dig up any random thing for me to do to keep me busy.
                      Why did you become a teacher. That would use up so much of my energy.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Why did you become a teacher. That would use up so much of my energy.
                        I 100% did not want to become a teacher. I wouldn't wish this job on my worst enemy.

The kids make it bearable but everything else is just the worst.

I wasn't really passionate about anything when I was going into university except art history but I know there are no jobs in that so I randomly took English and I couldn't really change my degree afterwards. I was kind of being pressured to finish my studies when my sisters finished which meant I had to increase my course load every term, even in the summer so that I could finish in under 2 years. There was no time to change my mind.

I didn't even want to study English either. I wanted to be a dietitian or get into psychology but my dad didn't let me :(

I wish I could do something more interesting. I would love a job where I could work outside. I always wanted to be a farmer like my grandpa used to be but alas its ridiculous paper work and being mentally abused on the daily for me.

Comment

ate and talked with families and relatives. was nice to meet and reconnect with people that you don't get to meet everyday

Comment

what did u do for eid?

Comment

• just wondering what do people think about transnational marriage hmmmm

Comment

• Would recommend avoiding a job that is overly time consuming. For example, an IT job that demands a lot of time outside of your core work hours just so you can be up to date with the latest technologies and skills. Or working in the financial sector where you spend 12 hours at work a day.

I don’t think this is something we should aspire to. A job can be part of your ibadah, but it shouldn’t be all there is. Think about your priorities, what matters most to you and how much you value your time

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X