Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Random Thoughts Megathread v3.0(daily chat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i was happily going to accept it as my best shot, until this appeared right before :/

Comment

• Alhamdullilah

Comment

• As in there is a situation rn and it would have been much more trouble free and peaceful if this experience did not occur.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
          What do you do when 'beggars' approach you?

I don't like the word beggar but I wanted to know what we are supposed to do.

I know this might be a stupid question but I still want to know what people do in these situations especially when they don't expect it, would also be good to know the religious view on it, which may be obvious but still.
          help them and give them any spare change i may have

if i suspect that they are lying then i give them the benefit of the doubt in most cases

but if im really convinced that theyre a fraud after hearing their story then i just walk away

theres this infamous bengali lady who used to patrol around my university. She targeted muslim bengali boys and used to come up with the same story every night when she used to go out begging

some fake story about how she needs money for a taxi ride home

my friend recorded her

Comment

• I don't give to beggars anymore because I just don't trust them. So many lying gypsies that pretend to be Muslim (sorry, its true). Loads of others that spend it on drugs and alcohol. Even loads of the homelessness focused charities are not Muslim and may not be that trustworthy with your funds but its still more worth giving to them and food banks. If people come up to me on the street and give me a whole story about needing a few quid for a roof for the night etc, I will give cuz its awkward at that point to say no. If you must give to them, it's better to buy them food and drink. I'm too scared because they are usually rough. One homeless old Irish guy that I've seen since I was young, almost certainly an alcoholic, asked me for money a while back and I just walked past quickly. He went 'YEAH GREAT MUSLIM YOU ARE'...true, but he's scary as hell...I wanted to tell him 'I'd help you but you are really scary' 😇

Comment

• also if some charity people ask you for donations in the street

Ask for their ID. If you suspect theyre a fraud, tell them you will see if you can donate online

I think i on e got robbed out of a fiver by this gay dude who was supposedly raising money for autistic children

I didnt think

Comment

• I'm so tired............every bone in my body is aching .

So much for hard physical work. But Alhumdulillah it's all good.
                'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]'

Surah Ibrahim (14:7)

Comment

• I think in poor countries its ok to give to beggars. They could be genuine especially if they are old.

Comment

I know this might be a stupid question but I still want to know what people do in these situations especially when they don't expect it, would also be good to know the religious view on it, which may be obvious but still.
                    I was approached by a one at sainsburys car park and she was like she needed change for a child so I gave her my sainsburys trolly that has a coin inside it. Then I saw her again at a retail park and she was like shouting from a distance saying 'excuse me, do you have change' ....I was wth you just took my sainsburys trolly a min ago and what do you need now...🙍‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Comment

• I used to see a few fake beggars on Edgware Road. They would claim they are stranded and got pick pocketed and can't get home to Bradford or some other city. I offer them my travelcard so they can at least get to the main train station but they refuse to accept it- then I walk away (this was back when I could walk).
                      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Originally posted by ThisIsJannah View Post

I think its best to stick to the Quran and sunnah because other stuff could have shirk, kufr and bidah in them. But I see many durood out there may not from sunnah so I was wondering is it permissible to say them. I saw online somewhere if you say this or that durood you'll get some kind of benefits.
                        The Prophet peace be upon him already taught the companions how to send blessings upon him, so this is what we should follow. You have already acknowledged that other things can contain elements of shirk & Bid’ah and this is a very serious thing & something we should stay away from. I would stay away from anything which is not prescribed from the authentic Sunnah.
                        https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

If I have spare change on me, I just give it, depending on the situation. Homelessness is a real problem in the U.K. it’s easy for us all to sit & say that people use money for drugs & alcohol but there are genuine cases where people have been made homeless & are living on the streets and literally have nothing. As far as I am concerned, I see it as charity and what they do with the money is not my concern as my intention was to help them based on what they have told me. When you are dressed in full hijab etc then people will approach you more as everybody knows that Muslims are charitable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faith reloaded 2 View Post

help them and give them any spare change i may have

if i suspect that they are lying then i give them the benefit of the doubt in most cases

but if im really convinced that theyre a fraud after hearing their story then i just walk away

theres this infamous bengali lady who used to patrol around my university. She targeted muslim bengali boys and used to come up with the same story every night when she used to go out begging

some fake story about how she needs money for a taxi ride home

my friend recorded her
                            Someone needs to order her a taxi to her alleged destination & wait until she gets in it!

Comment

• Sabotage, control, then 'help'

Comment

• You're where they want you to be

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X