Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Random Thoughts Megathread v3.0(daily chat)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by aelmo View Post
    Man I am just getting way to mad talking about this stuff.

    Sorry everyone its just years of this type of stuff happening all pent up inside.
    You don't need to apologise, you have every right to feel whatever about it. It's gross. You should speak about it.

    Comment


    • Comment


      • Originally posted by melaninmvslimah View Post

        Fr and some even have the nerve to get mad or upset and start throwing insults after being rejected or you not reacting in the way they want you to their compliments. It's like they have no shame or common sense. It's not even difficult to leave someone alone when it shows they're uncomfortable or straight up tell you they're not interested, it's common decency.
        So true. My sister told me about this ages ago. Its like if you reject them they start making you feel bad about yourself by saying things like "you think you're too good for me?" and things like that. There is a specific term in arabic that they say for that that I hate.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by aelmo View Post

          Yeah I know girls do it too.

          And yes self defense skills are useful to learn. We had to learn it in gym class in Canada but I kind of forgot them now.

          It's just scary when you're a small person and some massive guy comes in front of you and is basically forcing you to talk to him, that doesn't really compare to when a girl comes and talks to you. Unless she was a lot bigger than you of course, which isn't usually the case.
          Well if he is big just do a Legger lol

          yea I hear you, do they have self defense classes around there?
          Sorry to sound thick but I got no idea lol 😂

          Comment


          • Originally posted by aelmo View Post

            So true. My sister told me about this ages ago. Its like if you reject them they start making you feel bad about yourself by saying things like "you think you're too good for me?" and things like that. There is a specific term in arabic that they say for that that I hate.
            Yeah and some fully start calling you ugly too, after they just complimented and tried to get with you... Doesn't make sense. I think I know what you're talking about, does it start with 'sh', my cousin said it once because we saw it online and got told off for it.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by melaninmvslimah View Post

              You don't need to apologise, you have every right to feel whatever about it. It's gross. You should speak about it.
              Agreed

              The more women speak about the more awareness will be created in sha Allah 🙏

              Comment


              • Originally posted by melaninmvslimah View Post

                You don't need to apologise, you have every right to feel whatever about it. It's gross. You should speak about it.
                Yeah I know. I just hate getting too personal. It doesn't vibe with what I'm all about. But I am a bit fired up now.

                your new here, as time goes on you will see that I mostly stick to none serious things like my cat and memes.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by aelmo View Post

                  So true. My sister told me about this ages ago. Its like if you reject them they start making you feel bad about yourself by saying things like "you think you're too good for me?" and things like that. There is a specific term in arabic that they say for that that I hate.
                  What's the term?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by melaninmvslimah View Post

                    Yeah and some fully start calling you ugly too, after they just complimented and tried to get with you... Doesn't make sense. I think I know what you're talking about, does it start with 'sh', my cousin said it once because we saw it online and got told off for it.
                    Or sheen, don't have arabic keyboard on my laptop but yeah

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by melaninmvslimah View Post

                      Yeah and some fully start calling you ugly too, after they just complimented and tried to get with you... Doesn't make sense. I think I know what you're talking about, does it start with 'sh', my cousin said it once because we saw it online and got told off for it.
                      Yeah it does. Its shayfe halek is how you would pronounce it in my dialect. It basically means you think your all that?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

                        Well if he is big just do a Legger lol

                        yea I hear you, do they have self defense classes around there?
                        Sorry to sound thick but I got no idea lol 😂
                        I am sure there are but I have a brother who is about 6'3 so as long as he is with me I know no-one would dare come near me.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by aelmo View Post

                          Yeah I know. I just hate getting too personal. It doesn't vibe with what I'm all about. But I am a bit fired up now.

                          your new here, as time goes on you will see that I mostly stick to none serious things like my cat and memes.
                          Ahh yeah, that's understandable.

                          I'm the opposite lol, I argued with some people about serious things, but they never really have a proper conversation and try understand which is annoying, but I'm trying to do that less because they've already made their mind up. I've kinda learnt to not get emotional though.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by aelmo View Post

                            Yeah it does. Its shayfe halek is how you would pronounce it in my dialect. It basically means you think your all that?
                            Ohh, no I was thinking of sharmouta :/

                            Yeah, I've heard that. But why would they approach someone and then act like their not interested straight after ??

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by aelmo View Post

                              That terrible. Some people are just disgusting and can't see beyond their own desires.

                              Even if it's just talk or staring from a distance, it's uncomfortable. The more people like this I see the more I see how important it is to lower your gaze, and as a girl not to go out alone. You never know what awful human being will take advantage of you.

                              Just the other day my sister was walking outside in the heat and some guy stopped his car and offered her a ride. Sure he could have been trying to be nice but my sister is clearly a muslim woman so why would this guy think she would accept to ride with him? He could have been trying to lure her in seeing that she was in a vulnerable situation and thinking that she had no other options to escape the heat. This is just speculation, he could have genuinely wanted to help but respectable guys here wouldn't be alone in a car with a woman. So you really never know what this guys intentions were.

                              Anyways, I try my best to always go out someone else.
                              I know right. Some men are just so disrespectful. I remember I use to get harassed all the time and men following me home even. It's was so annoying. I was younger back then and at the time I wasn't wearing hijab but I was always conservative and did not like the attention. When I started wearing hijab things calm down a lot, but still got those bad apples. There were so many case of disturbing harassment I just forget about it for the most part.

                              Sometimes I just don't understand what's wrong with these men. I remember once calling a mosque for some classes I was interested in and the guy that answered start to harass me. Like can a woman just make a simple move without getting harassed?

                              About a week ago I took a cab and the driver completely got into my personal space, proclaiming his love and even reached over and touched my leg! I was surprised because I haven't experienced harassment in ages, but this time I was alone. Usually I'm with my kids or husband so I don't really don't experience any harassment. This incident took me back to my single days, I don't miss that part at all.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by melaninmvslimah View Post

                                Fr and some even have the nerve to get mad or upset and start throwing insults after being rejected or you not reacting in the way they want you to their compliments. It's like they have no shame or common sense. It's not even difficult to leave someone alone when it shows they're uncomfortable or straight up tell you they're not interested, it's common decency.
                                They are you average bully and coward and many will turn into abusers. You can't try and make sense of their behaviour, they are in the wrong on so many levels. A normal man does not behave like this.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X