Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Random Thoughts Megathread v3.0(daily chat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by detached soul View Post

Insha'Allah you'll get it.

The prospects for career development for a job like this would be really good. Don't be too hard on yourself you got to the interview stage and you gave a good interview. That's a real achievement, now just wait for the results. Insha'Allah it will be good news

i got the job. Just received it an hour ago. Now comes the pre employment checks again

it’s a permanent post too. SubhanAllah, i cant believe it, i have been waiting almost 3 years for an opportunity such as this

Comment

• Originally posted by Faith reloaded 2 View Post

i got the job. Just received it an hour ago. Now comes the pre employment checks again

it’s a permanent post too. SubhanAllah, i cant believe it, i have been waiting almost 3 years for an opportunity such as this
      Congrats fella
      mashaAllah

I wanna be rich too

Comment

• Originally posted by ten_toes View Post

Congrats fella
        mashaAllah

I wanna be rich too

Richness does not come from the money and wealth you make, but it comes from the contentment within yourself

Comment

I don't see how not being allowed to pray would cancel out/ remove all benefit from fasting since fasting makes you more careful and contemplative. We still have to do good deeds and whatever other worship people are doing in their daily lives when we're on our periods. The link by another user answers the question I guess, in that periods are temporary whereas excessive bleeding from endometriosis or whatever else is not, and so a person doesn't know whether they will stop bleeding and be in a better situation to fast.
          I meant people often fast for different (personal and/or non-spiritual) reasons, as Muslims however we often fast (like in Ramadan) for spiritual reasons. This element of spirituality is affected when we can't keep up on our salah, and anybody can fast of course but if a Muslim woman were to fast while menstruating then it's just starving your body and/or putting yourself through something unnecessary which then becomes not spiritual and loses the meaning while also being not encouraged by Islam, you know.

I had/ have these questions, too..of course..but I just try to view Islamic injunctions/ rulings rationally knowing that whatever Allah ordained is for the best, subhanAllah.

Comment

• Im excited about the possibility of returning to university

a part time 2-year masters fitted around a full time job. It will be incredibly hard, but i am ambitious

we will see what happens

Comment

MashaAllah, brother, may Allah put barakah in your work, your income and your time, aameen

Comment

Richness does not come from the money and wealth you make, but it comes from the contentment within yourself
                Ok. I dont have that so the money would be nice

Comment

Im excited about the possibility of returning to university

a part time 2-year masters fitted around a full time job. It will be incredibly hard, but i am ambitious

we will see what happens
                  What are you doing your Masters in?

I am still doing my Islamic Studies and have a long way to go before I can do my MA with the same uni.

Congratulations btw.

Comment

• Originally posted by .Hajar. View Post

I meant people often fast for different (personal and/or non-spiritual) reasons, as Muslims however we often fast (like in Ramadan) for spiritual reasons. This element of spirituality is affected when we can't keep up on our salah, and anybody can fast of course but if a Muslim woman were to fast while menstruating then it's just starving your body and/or putting yourself through something unnecessary which then becomes not spiritual and loses the meaning while also being not encouraged by Islam, you know.

I had/ have these questions, too..of course..but I just try to view Islamic injunctions/ rulings rationally knowing that whatever Allah ordained is for the best, subhanAllah.
                    Wouldn't that mean there is no spirituality for us for 7 days a month - if salah is needed in order to have spirituality? Cant you get it in other ways....duas, reflecting, learning, quran.

I dont actually have problem with the fasting rule. just with reasons that dont make sense to me

..there are still many that cant relate to 'periods are so difficult', it's not relevant to their situation yet they follow the rule. (I'm ok with the answer I've found)
                    Last edited by .Hajar.; 03-03-21, 05:04 PM. Reason: TMI

Comment

Wouldn't that mean there is no spirituality for us for 7 days a month - if salah is needed in order to have spirituality? Cant you get it in other ways....duas, reflecting, learning, quran.

I dont actually have problem with the fasting rule. just with reasons that dont make sense to me

...there are still many that cant relate to 'periods are so difficult', it's not relevant to their situation yet they follow the rule. (I'm ok with the answer I've found)
                      Not everything needs to make sense though. Why do we wipe over the khuff as opposed to under it? We hear and we obey. This is part of having faith in Allah. There are some rulings in Islam which are matters of worship & their reasons are not known.
                      Last edited by .Hajar.; 03-03-21, 05:05 PM. Reason: ten toes quote edited
                      https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Alhumdulillah

If you haven’t already, I advice you to do 2 rakaat nafl salah to show your gratitude to Ar Razzaq

May Allah make you successful in your new job and bless your earnings & make your new job a means to get closer to Him, subhanahu wa ta aala
                        https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

...there are still many that cant relate to 'periods are so difficult', it's not relevant to their situation yet they follow the rule. (I'm ok with the answer I've found)
                          Of course you can, sister, and that's what we do/ that's how we maintain our spiritual connection with Allah during those times and that's why I said affected and not lost..sorry, if I wasn't clear or I confused you. I am editing your post a bit since it contains too much info for the main forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

Not everything needs to make sense though. Why do we wipe over the khuff as opposed to under it? We hear and we obey. This is part of having faith in Allah. There are some rulings in Islam which are matters of worship & their reasons are not known.
                            If people give reasons that dont make sense eventually others will point that out

Comment

• Weird vibe on the forum..

Comment

• Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
                                Weird vibe on the forum..
                                Where?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X