Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Random Thoughts Megathread v3.0(daily chat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by .Hajar. View Post
    I find today's Muslim leadership problematic to say the least, if that changes..when that changes, we can expect the common man to breathe easy even the ones who don't appear to care. But then..if/ when the average Muslim is not upon the Quran and Sunnah, you can't expect him to obey the righteous ruler. In that context, the body-injured-whole-ummah-feeling-pain makes complete sense- both the ruler and his people need to be on the same page and even when the people are not, the ruler can't declare war on those who oppose him unless they're in clear defiance of Islam.
    That said, there is such a huge disconnect between the Muslim rulers of today and their subjects that it makes a mockery of that particular hadeeth..subhanAllah. Some of the poorest countries in the world are Muslim majority countries and even though these countrires are rich in natural resources and have so much potential of (economic) growth, the tawagheet who run these countries are busy crippling their own economy and crushing the will of their own people whilst lining their own pockets and fulfilling their own corrupt agendas. It's a never-ending, and vicious, cycle that we have seen play out time and again.
    Muslims have, in the past, tried standing up to their oppressive rulers. Arab Spring being the most recent one but in these last 10 years, what changed? Nothing..really. The likes of Omar Mukhtar rahimullah, even they tried but their efforts alone were often not enough.
    Unless and until those in positions of great authority and/or influence also change their outlook and ways, the Muslim ummah at large will continue to suffer. The kuffar were legit scared of the Muslim world when Muslims (Arabs!) placed an oil embargo on the supporters of the Zionist regime ( the 1973 oil crisis). Muslims don't have that kind of leverage and/or advantage anymore..they also permitted the Western countries to build army bases in their homelands in the guise of security and mutual goodwill. When the top management is this messed up, is it any wonder the lower management is struggling to survive..?
    The Muslims want democracy, they want a western way of life to be implemented. Even though they want to fight against tyrants, they don't want a government that is based on religion. Some might but it does seem many don't.
    On the other hand, their leaders want a dictatorship.
    Both have dfferent aims and neither have Islam at heart, but both will use religion to make excuses for themselves.

The kuffar may have been scared during the oil crisis but they are clever enough to work with their enemies only to leave the enemy in a weak position. Being feared due to having the upper hand when it comes to resources isn't as powerful as being feared due to the country having a firm belief in their ideology.

Leaders are accountable, no doubt about that.

There's a bigger picture we should try to see at the average Muslim's level. (Note that I am not blaming a person in poverty for their situation, when I mention the hadith above, it's to do with the average Muslim worldwide, not just the Muslims in Muslim countries).
    Muslims hoard wealth (both in the east and west) and it can also be argued in some cases, wealth gained by the average Muslim is questionable, i.e we live in a society that is run by riba. It seems everything leads back to interest one way or the other.

There are Muslims who go back and forth from the West to the East, to gain more wealth and expand business.

Uthmaan Ibn affan (Ra) for example, before he became the Caliph shared his wealth (he continued to do so anyway but point is, before he had authority as caliph he shared his wealth). The average Muslim today doesn't and will just about 'scrape' the barrel once a year for zakat.

I already mentioned, the current situation won't get any better. We are a different ummah today.

I think changes from both sides (the citizen level and the leaders) have to take place simultaneously for some positivity to take place for the Ummah.
    ​​​​

​​​​​
    Last edited by Ya'sin; 01-03-21, 12:42 AM.
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Originally posted by Magic. View Post

Actually on a personal level, the average Muslim if you want to describe myself suffers a great deal of hardship (mentally). We all are trialled different ways.
      May Allah SWT make it easy for you and reward you for your efforts. Ameen
      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

• I've posted about this once before, but can u guys please remember my sis in ur duas.
        She is currently in hospital. May Allah reward u!

Comment

• Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
          I've posted about this once before, but can u guys please remember my sis in ur duas.
          She is currently in hospital. May Allah reward u!
          I didn't see you mention it before, maybe I missed it but will do in sha Allah

May Allah SWT make it easy for your sister and bless her with good health and quick recovery. Ameen

Comment

• Originally posted by Magic. View Post

Actually on a personal level, the average Muslim if you want to describe myself suffers a great deal of hardship (mentally). We all are trialled different ways.
            May Allah SWT make it easy for you brother. Keep the faith,this life is a test. The severer you're hardships and trials the stronger is your Imaan.
            'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]'

Surah Ibrahim (14:7)

Comment

• Originally posted by detached soul View Post

Wow that is great Alhumdulillah. You get a chance to do a masters and they pay for it? What could be better??

I hope you get the job i really do! What line of work is this job in? Health industry? The NHS, is it a senior management role? I understand if you don't want to be too specific.
              yeah, i would need to speak to my line manager and sort it out, they said. One of the interviewers told me they did the same

in sha Allah

it’s with Public Health England. Just some sort of business job, not the best and definitely bot managerial, but im mostly drawn into where this could possibly lead me to

would be cool if i get it, but i wouldnt be surprised if i get rejected 🥲

Comment

• Originally posted by Faith reloaded 2 View Post

yeah, i would need to speak to my line manager and sort it out, they said. One of the interviewers told me they did the same

in sha Allah

it’s with Public Health England. Just some sort of business job, not the best and definitely bot managerial, but im mostly drawn into where this could possibly lead me to

would be cool if i get it, but i wouldnt be surprised if i get rejected 🥲
                Insha'Allah you'll get it.

The prospects for career development for a job like this would be really good. Don't be too hard on yourself you got to the interview stage and you gave a good interview. That's a real achievement, now just wait for the results. Insha'Allah it will be good news
                'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]'

Surah Ibrahim (14:7)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

I didn't see you mention it before, maybe I missed it but will do in sha Allah

May Allah SWT make it easy for your sister and bless her with good health and quick recovery. Ameen
                  Ameen sis.
                  Last edited by Umm Uthmaan; 01-03-21, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• Maybe it's just me, but I feel embarrassed when I start endlessly asking people for things and stressing them out. I am happy to say that I have enough sense not to do that but apparently some people have no shame and have no issue with doing things like that at all.

I would not be able to sleep at night if I knew that I was causing so much anguish and stress for people.

Comment

• #27: Is Biden trying to Control Erdogan?

Is Turkey heading for regime change?
                      How is Erdogans influence being limited by the US?
                      Do muslims really understand whats happening in Libya?

https://youtu.be/PYaSp905miI

Also available on all podcast providers inc.

itunes:
                      https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcas...sprout-8046667

Comment

• Has anyone tried the following online outlets for buying shalwar kameez?

- Mirha
                        - want that suit
                        - bombay stores

I've never tried them so don't know if they're worth a go- came up in my online ads. What I'm mainly looking for is full sleeved cotton and linen shalwar kameez suits that cost under £25- even better if they don't have colour run issues. I liked Poshak Mahal when I tried them a couple of years ago but think they've shut down now.
                        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• man i had another interview just now and i feel exhausted

Lasted one hour and they made me talk so much. They kept squeezing and poking information out of me when i felt i provided so much

Got a headache with this

So much yip yap, how do some of the gyaldem manage to talk so much

Lmso, i had to become a gyaldem during that interview

Comment

man i had another interview just now and i feel exhausted

Lasted one hour and they made me talk so much. They kept squeezing and poking information out of me when i felt i provided so much

Got a headache with this

So much yip yap, how do some of the gyaldem manage to talk so much

Lmso, i had to become a gyaldem during that interview
                            the interview I had to get my current job was literally 3 hours long and for what?

Comment

• Originally posted by aelmo View Post

the interview I had to get my current job was literally 3 hours long and for what?
                              How can it be 3 hours

why

did they want to know your whole life story

Comment

How can it be 3 hours

why

did they want to know your whole life story
                                I know!! Isn't that mental?

I didn't even want to do it but I was at the school visiting my sister and I was only 19 years old and they were like "do you want to have an interview?" and I was like "sure whatever". Had I known what would come after I would never have done it.

I met with the HR woman and then I was shoved into this room with 3 woman who started interviewing me and then they wanted me to do a demo lesson ON THE SAME DAY! so they gave me an hour to prepare and then I went into a class and gave a whole lesson (The first time in my life I ever did that alone btw) and then they interviewed me again afterwards and discussed the lesson and the job with me and by the time all that was done it was 3 or 4 hours later.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X