Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Random Thoughts Megathread v3.0(daily chat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by melaninmvslimah View Post

Yeah, and we all do. But as long as we sincerely repent every time, we can be forgiven, no matter what. Alhamdulilah for that.
    yea true Alhamdulillah

Comment

• Originally posted by Flawed View Post

Ikr. I can relate. My family aren't religious either. So I've never been an angel whilst practicing and I'm not even religious yet. Like I cover up although my family dont like the hijab, but I do what I'm able to do to come closer to Allah.

just feel we are all given different paths to Allah.
      as long as the path ends with you being with Allah then its all good

Comment

Also I wanted to say...that if we didnt make mistakes then Allah said he would have replaced us with people who did make mistakes/sin so they could repent and feel how forgiving Allah is. Because one of Allah's name is the most forgiving and He loves those who repent.
        yea thanks for the reminder sis

Comment

• Simply_Logical and Flawed May Allah make it easier for you both and keep you firm in deen, ameen.

Comment

• Comment

Also I wanted to say...that if we didnt make mistakes then Allah said he would have replaced us with people who did make mistakes/sin so they could repent and feel how forgiving Allah is. Because one of Allah's name is the most forgiving and He loves those who repent.
              Al hamdulillah for this. Without Allah's Mercy we would all surely be lost. My Iman in Allah has never been higher and yet, in the last couple of days, I am being tempted to do something I know I shouldn't do. I've done it in the past and know it is worthless and it is better to avoid, but I keep getting thoughts that I should just "do it one more time", I am getting very annoyed by it. I wish when I said audhu billahi minashaitanir rajeem that I'd be able to bang the whispering shayateen upside their heads with a broom and use it to chase them away.

My main issue is, I want to increase my Love for Allah, but when I think about doing a sin, I don't think that I shouldn't do it because Allah loves me and I shouldn't do it, I think of the punishment instead. I want to not do things because I love my Lord, not because I want things from Him, but because He loves me and has always provided for me. I hope one day my Iman can get there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abisali View Post

Al hamdulillah for this. Without Allah's Mercy we would all surely be lost. My Iman in Allah has never been higher and yet, in the last couple of days, I am being tempted to do something I know I shouldn't do. I've done it in the past and know it is worthless and it is better to avoid, but I keep getting thoughts that I should just "do it one more time", I am getting very annoyed by it. I wish when I said audhu billahi minashaitanir rajeem that I'd be able to bang the whispering shayateen upside their heads with a broom and use it to chase them away.

My main issue is, I want to increase my Love for Allah, but when I think about doing a sin, I don't think that I shouldn't do it because Allah loves me and I shouldn't do it, I think of the punishment instead. I want to not do things because I love my Lord, not because I want things from Him, but because He loves me and has always provided for me. I hope one day my Iman can get there.
                I can relate to you, in some ways. I don't think we can fully get rid of shaytaan's whispers, unfortunately. I watched a lecture a long time ago from Yasmin Mogahed that said something along the lines of the more imaan you have, the more you have to protect your imaan because shaytaan doesn't want that to happen. Yasmin mogahed also said in many of her lectures to always pray your salah, read Quran, dhikr and make istighfaar because these things are essential, so don't let go of these things no matter what, especially salah and Quran.

Try think that you'll be rewarded for your effort of staying away from the sin when you're tempted to do it.

These are some good videos and series, the first to is about how to love Allah. The last two, I wanted to add because I thought were helpful.

Four steps to LOVE Allah | Mohammad Elshinawy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RE1wQCJFyk
                To Know Him is to Love Him (Yaqeen Institute series) https://yaqeeninstitute.org/series/t...s-to-love-him/
                Allah Loves... (youtube playlist) https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1a5igh6Hsff0eY
                The Faith Revival with Sh. Omar Suleiman - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...TZq60pWmItUAT0

Comment

• Originally posted by Eorlingas View Post
                  I tried son, I tried.

Comment

• Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

I tried son, I tried.
                    I'm so confused, what is wrong w anything that's been said in the thread? Pls explain.

Comment

• So I've been a night owl since I first got a phone, secondary school, but during lockdown its gotten way worse. I stay up until 10 am sometimes, and at best, until around 5/6 am and wake and go back to sleep a couple times during the afternoon. I fixed it and started sleeping at 11 pm and waking up around 8-10 am, but it only lasted a few days. Is it just me who has a sleep schedule this bad?

Does anyone here have tips to fix your sleep schedule? How do I make sleeping early and waking up early a habit?

Comment

• So what are people who are on furlough actually doing with their newly found freedom?

they have been on holiday for months now

Comment

• The 19th Century was a British one..20th Century an American..So the 21st century is..a Chinese one?

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Verily, my nation will be afflicted by the disease of nations.” They said, “O Messenger of Allah, what is the disease of nations?” The Prophet said, “Insolence, hubris, turning their backs to one another, competing for worldly possessions, hating each other, and miserliness, until there will be oppression and then there will be bloodshed.

Source: al-Mu’jam al-Awsaṭ 9249
                          +

Ibn Umar reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “When Allah intends to punish a people, the punishment afflicts everyone among them. Then, they are resurrected according to their deeds.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 6691, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2879

Comment

• Originally posted by melaninmvslimah View Post

I'm so confused, what is wrong w anything that's been said in the thread? Pls explain.
                            The cross gender chit chat is discouraged.

Comment

• Maybe there should be two random threads, one for women only and one for men only.

Comment

• Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

The cross gender chit chat is discouraged.
                                But it's literally a public forum. We were speaking about influencers and celebs and their lack of accountability, not anything inappropriate. I've seen others do the same too ? Btw none of us are friends.

Comment

Working...
                                X