Giving Eidee to parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giving Eidee to parents

does anyone give eid presents/money to their parents?

Originally posted by reached View Post
    does anyone give eid presents/money to their parents?
    Not always money, but a present or a gift or something, i do.
    'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]'

Surah Ibrahim (14:7)

Comment

Originally posted by detached soul View Post

Not always money, but a present or a gift or something, i do.
      thats sweet, what do you give??

Comment

Give my dad a watch or a tie or something and my mum a cardigan or something else.

Sometimes i just give money so they can buy what they like.
        'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]'

Surah Ibrahim (14:7)

Comment

that is so sweet

Comment

I usually get my mum something but not my dad. He’s hard to shop for. Not really an excuse, I should start buying him stuff Insha Allah
            https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
              I usually get my mum something but not my dad. He’s hard to shop for. Not really an excuse, I should start buying him stuff Insha Allah
              haha very true, men are so difficult to shop for.

Comment

In recent years, I give a bit of cash to my mum. I don't give anything to my dad because I think it's a bit of a pride thing for him that he's the provider and wouldn't like taking money from his daughter cos he never asks me for anything whereas my mum would ask. He doesn't mind if I buy him a gift for special occasions but I think he doesn't like accepting money from me. Occasionally if I spot something in the shops that might look good on him like a shirt or something then I get that and give it on the next special occasion, otherwise I don't give him anything.
                The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
                  In recent years, I give a bit of cash to my mum. I don't give anything to my dad because I think it's a bit of a pride thing for him that he's the provider and wouldn't like taking money from his daughter cos he never asks me for anything whereas my mum would ask. He doesn't mind if I buy him a gift for special occasions but I think he doesn't like accepting money from me. Occasionally if I spot something in the shops that might look good on him like a shirt or something then I get that and give it on the next special occasion, otherwise I don't give him anything.
                  haha same, literally did this today. gave Eidee to my mum and siblings but not my dad for the very same reason.

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
                    You mean abbi and ammi?

All this mum and dad stuff is most uncharacteristic of your posts!

I can understand your father’s position here though, but I don’t think it’s as common as we might think. Some Asian fathers (Bengalis anyway) would happily accept money from anybody including their daughters. They’d accept it from an orphan on the streets even. Chi chi chi.

May Allah bless your father.

Comment

My parents will not take cash from me. Think that is a cultural thing not to take money from daughters. I get my mum something. I have got my dad stuff but it is really hard to choose something for him and he has said many times not to get him anything.

If I am stuck on ideas then I just cook something that I know they like or with my dad get his favourite cake, biscuits, nuts or some other savouries that both mum and dad can enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mintchocchip View Post
                        My parents will not take cash from me. Think that is a cultural thing not to take money from daughters. I get my mum something. I have got my dad stuff but it is really hard to choose something for him and he has said many times not to get him anything.

If I am stuck on ideas then I just cook something that I know they like or with my dad get his favourite cake, biscuits, nuts or some other savouries that both mum and dad can enjoy.
                        thats nice :)

Comment

I constantly give my parents things. I spoil my mom like crazy. However, Eid is the only time my dad will actually give me something back. Its a bit weird though.

I prefer to give things more than to get them because idk, it feels so awkward to actually get something.

So no I guess I don't, but that's only because for the few days of eid in the year the tables are turned.

Comment

Working...
                          X