No announcement yet.

Why are there so many Muslim charities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are there so many Muslim charities?

Hello and Asalaam.

Why are there so many of them? Are they trying to compete with each other? It just seems so wrong.

Why don't they just make one big charity with trustable individuals running it?

Its big business...muslim charities. I dont know why there are so many. Lets hope all their intentions are good and they’re trying to help all those less fortunate than us.
    'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]'

Surah Ibrahim (14:7)

Comment

Originally posted by detached soul View Post
      Its big business...muslim charities. I dont know why there are so many. Lets hope all their intentions are good and they’re trying to help all those less fortunate than us.
      Absolutely. And I don't feel too comfortable at having to give my Zakat or any other type of donation to them. Sadly we don't really have any choice. But as you say, let's hope our money goes to the very people that need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shafiq Ali View Post

Absolutely. And I don't feel too comfortable at having to give my Zakat or any other type of donation to them. Sadly we don't really have any choice. But as you say, let's hope our money goes to the very people that need it.
        I agree brother. But before donating to any of these charities we should make some enquires that our money will be utilised honestly and go to the needy muslims.

I know that some charities use our donation money for Administration purposes. I dont know if that means genuine admin purposes or are they just lining their own pockets. Allah knows best.

Comment

Originally posted by Shafiq Ali View Post

You do have a choice, you can give directly to those in need.

Comment

This is Concerning by NZF
            https://nzf.org.uk/wp-content/upload...cy-v1-2020.pdf

Comment

Personally I am very weary about all the Charities currently in UK, only one i full Trust is Ummah Welfare Trust

The others for me is a nono

Comment

Originally posted by sajid View Post
                Personally I am very weary about all the Charities currently in UK, only one i full Trust is Ummah Welfare Trust

The others for me is a nono
                UWT is usually my go to charity too but it's difficult to not give something when you see some of the appeals from other charities.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

You do have a choice, you can give directly to those in need.
                  Not in this country you can't? I doubt if anybody would be eligible for zakat here.

Comment

Not in this country you can't? I doubt if anybody would be eligible for zakat here.
                    In the UK? Some people do qualify.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

In the UK? Some people do qualify.
                      Yes they do, but it's hard finding those individuals or families that qualify for zakat I mean there are many people who are poor or debt ridden and they qualify bur how do you go about finding these individuals pr families

Comment

Yes they do, but it's hard finding those individuals or families that qualify for zakat I mean there are many people who are poor or debt ridden and they qualify bur how do you go about finding these individuals pr families
                        If you don't know anyone, nor trust any charitable masjid or organisation, then you have a problem. The Zakat still has to be paid.

Comment

If you don't know anyone, nor trust any charitable masjid or organisation, then you have a problem. The Zakat still has to be paid.
                          Yes of course no doubt zakat still has to be paid! I'm just saying its not always easy identifying those in need of zakat.
                          Last edited by detached soul; 21-05-20, 09:13 PM.

Comment

You know the answer. All about dat money.

That's why they always have these fancy fundraising events with some clean-shaven director in a suit giving a speech and quoting all the ahadeeth under the sun about the virtues of sadaqah.

Comment

Some are for different causes and illnesses.
                              https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Working...
                              X