Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick Suggestions for a Quality Vacuum cleaner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Suggestions for a Quality Vacuum cleaner!

Assalaamu alaikum warahmatullah.

Uk brothers and sisters, any recommendations for a Vacuum cleaner with good suction that's not too heavy, for mostly carpeted floors?

(Henry has reached retirement age)

Jazaa'akallah khair.
    (Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah.)
    ​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

Hoover.

Dyson.

Other.

Comment

Dyson has lasted us many years, but I've heard really positive reviews of "Shark". Apparently that's supposed to be better.

Comment

I have a shark, expensive but its pretty good.

dyson is also very good until i damaged it by sucking up water.
        And whatever you have of favor - it is from Allah. Then when adversity touches you, to Him you cry for help

[an-Nahl 16:53].

Comment

I've had a look at a few Dysons and Sharks... Quite a few to choose from, though.
          What's the model br Magic ?

I vaguely recall someone on here gushing over their vacuum cleaner some time ago.

Had a Dyson years back and it was heavy and really noisy. Put us all off from getting them. Will probably go for Shark...

(Funny how buying an appliance before was a pretty simple process... Now with all these online reviews and so many places selling them, you find yourself somehow sucked into researching the things... Just replaced the microwave a few weeks ago, spending hours deciding on one, then when it came, the chiefs in the kitchen weren't too happy with :[ )

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post
            I've had a look at a few Dysons and Sharks... Quite a few to choose from, though.
            What's the model br Magic ?

I vaguely recall someone on here gushing over their vacuum cleaner some time ago.

Had a Dyson years back and it was heavy and really noisy. Put us all off from getting them. Will probably go for Shark...

(Funny how buying an appliance before was a pretty simple process... Now with all these online reviews and so many places selling them, you find yourself somehow sucked into researching the things... Just replaced the microwave a few weeks ago, spending hours deciding on one, then when it came, the chiefs in the kitchen weren't too happy with :[ )
            ill find out for you in sha Allah
            And whatever you have of favor - it is from Allah. Then when adversity touches you, to Him you cry for help

Comment

Originally posted by Magic. View Post

ill find out for you in sha Allah
              Jazaa'kallaah khair brother.

Comment

Dyson might be worth a shot

he didnt put any employees on furlough unlike other billionaires

Comment

yes some people were talking about vacuuming in jannah

Comment

I have a shark cordless and I love it. Sharks customer service is really good too. The model I have is the shark duo clean cordless with powered lift away. It’s normally £449.99 but it’s on sale atm for £269.99 and that’s a bargain imo. I’ve had mine a while now & it was well worth it.

edit - I am trying to edit the link out as it’s just going to the shark website but I can’t remove it !
                    Last edited by Layla_; 20-05-20, 03:35 AM.
                    https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

If you get shark order it from their website because you get a five year guarantee and they are WICKED when you call them with a fault

ok ok I know what people are going to say if the vaccum is so good why are you calling them up with faults? And the answer to that is ermmm it’s probably my fault and not the vaccums
                      https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Last edited by Magic.; 20-05-20, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Where am I? Is this thread for real? Address bar says ummah.com/forum/lounge. And I know this is a Muslim forum. Is there such a thing as Muslim vacuuming? Perhaps there is a janitorial subforum I was not aware of.

Anyways, I have an opinion on this. My experience on these forums has always been that the British use the verb 'to hoover' to mean 'to vacuum'. Mr Hoover was American and passed on many decades ago. Might I suggest that the verb 'hoover' be changed to 'dyson'. For example; "I just dysoned the upstairs bedrooms". After all, Mr Dyson made a better product.

~Bub
                          From the Many, One

Comment

Originally posted by BubbleGum View Post
                            Where am I? Is this thread for real? Address bar says ummah.com/forum/lounge. And I know this is a Muslim forum. Is there such a thing as Muslim vacuuming? Perhaps there is a janitorial subforum I was not aware of.

Anyways, I have an opinion on this. My experience on these forums has always been that the British use the verb 'to hoover' to mean 'to vacuum'. Mr Hoover was American and passed on many decades ago. Might I suggest that the verb 'hoover' be changed to 'dyson'. For example; "I just dysoned the upstairs bedrooms". After all, Mr Dyson made a better product.

~Bub
                            Haha, you are right about the British Bub, and their tendency to use Hoover as a verb. I suppose Hoover was the first and original vacuum cleaner, hence subsequent makes will never be as famous, even if superior.

It is sort of the same as Google being an acceptable verb now, despite being the name of a search engine; and, though many alternatives exist - Yahoo and Bing for instance - the act of an internet search will always be known as “to Google”.

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post

Haha, you are right about the British Bub, and their tendency to use Hoover as a verb. I suppose Hoover was the first and original vacuum cleaner, hence subsequent makes will never be as famous, even if superior.

It is sort of the same as Google being an acceptable verb now, despite being the name of a search engine; and, though many alternatives exist - Yahoo and Bing for instance - the act of an internet search will always be known as “to Google”.
                              Hey. Don't forget the Xerox and the Band-Aid.

So know we can google something on Bing.

Or dyson the crumbs off the carpet with a hoover.

~Bub
                              From the Many, One

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X