Our Not Forgotten Brother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Not Forgotten Brother

My name is Jason, and I'm not sure this is the right place to post this, if it's not, feel free to move it. I am here on behalf of my best friend, and one of your brothers, Isa. He asked me to post this message that he wrote here in hopes that he could gain a pin pal. He didn't ask me to write anything else, but it would be remiss of me to not mention my personal feelings. Isa is one of the best people I know. he gives selflessly of himself and never asks for anything in return, he was there for me when I needed support, as I was for him, and while I am not Muslim, I consider Isa my brother and my best friend. If you could find it in your hearts to just send him a letter letting him know there are people out here that care about him, it would make his unfortunate (and completely uncalled for) incarceration go by so much faster. I want to personally think each and every one of you in advance for sending him any letters, cards, or words of inspiration and support you can.

Jason Gardner

As-Salamu Alaykum

One of our dear brothers is incarcerated, and while inside the fences of prison he has continually sought to acquire religious knowledge. Since being incarcerated, brother Isa has increased his education in the following ways:
    • Obtained a Bachelor's Degree in Islamic Studies with a minor in comparative Fiqh, and is presently working on his Masters Degree in the same discipline.
    • learned Arabic to an intermediate level
    • Participated in Correspondence courses with three Islamic organizations
    • Studied traditional texts under the guidanced of licensed Shaykhs which include:
      • Mukhtasar of al-Akhdari
      • Murshid al Mu'een by Ibn Ashir
      • Aqidah at-Tahwiyyah by Imam Tahawi
      • Selections of the Ihya 'Ulm ad-Din by Imam Ghazali
      • Parts of the Risala of Ibn Abi Zayd
      • Biir al-Walidayn (Rights of Parents) by Muhammad Mawlud
      • Mahiram al-Lisan (Prohibitions of the Tongue) by Muhammad Mawlud
    Brother Isa (Gary) is 42 years old, Causasian, Single, 5' 6" tall and 180lbs. He loves Islam and the Muslims more than anything else and has dedicated his life to the pursuit of Sacred Knowledge. In his free time he teaches the facility Ta'alim classes and leads the Jumu'ah prayer. Insha-Allah upon his release in less than 2 years, Isa has hopes of continuing his education and teaching at his local masjid. he also wishes to wolunteer inside of prisons to help the Muslim inmates. He hopes to one day marry a devout sister and have children.

This brother has no communication outside of prison with anyone in the Islamic community other than representatives of the organizations he studies with and would very much love corresponding with Muslims of any age, race, gender or nationality.

If you would be interested in writing this brother, he would feel blessed to hear from you. Let him know that there are brothers and sisters out there who haven't forgotten him although he's not with us. His address is as follows:

Gary Godsey #0510426
    307 Craft Drive
    Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27105
    Thank you in advance for your caring.

I hope the brothers see this
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I hope so too In Sha Allaah.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Gardner View Post
        My name is Jason, and I'm not sure this is the right place to post this, if it's not, feel free to move it. I am here on behalf of my best friend, and one of your brothers, Isa. He asked me to post this message that he wrote here in hopes that he could gain a pin pal. He didn't ask me to write anything else, but it would be remiss of me to not mention my personal feelings. Isa is one of the best people I know. he gives selflessly of himself and never asks for anything in return, he was there for me when I needed support, as I was for him, and while I am not Muslim, I consider Isa my brother and my best friend. If you could find it in your hearts to just send him a letter letting him know there are people out here that care about him, it would make his unfortunate (and completely uncalled for) incarceration go by so much faster. I want to personally think each and every one of you in advance for sending him any letters, cards, or words of inspiration and support you can.

Jason Gardner

As-Salamu Alaykum

One of our dear brothers is incarcerated, and while inside the fences of prison he has continually sought to acquire religious knowledge. Since being incarcerated, brother Isa has increased his education in the following ways:
        • Obtained a Bachelor's Degree in Islamic Studies with a minor in comparative Fiqh, and is presently working on his Masters Degree in the same discipline.
        • learned Arabic to an intermediate level
        • Participated in Correspondence courses with three Islamic organizations
        • Studied traditional texts under the guidanced of licensed Shaykhs which include:
          • Mukhtasar of al-Akhdari
          • Murshid al Mu'een by Ibn Ashir
          • Aqidah at-Tahwiyyah by Imam Tahawi
          • Selections of the Ihya 'Ulm ad-Din by Imam Ghazali
          • Parts of the Risala of Ibn Abi Zayd
          • Biir al-Walidayn (Rights of Parents) by Muhammad Mawlud
          • Mahiram al-Lisan (Prohibitions of the Tongue) by Muhammad Mawlud
        Brother Isa (Gary) is 42 years old, Causasian, Single, 5' 6" tall and 180lbs. He loves Islam and the Muslims more than anything else and has dedicated his life to the pursuit of Sacred Knowledge. In his free time he teaches the facility Ta'alim classes and leads the Jumu'ah prayer. Insha-Allah upon his release in less than 2 years, Isa has hopes of continuing his education and teaching at his local masjid. he also wishes to wolunteer inside of prisons to help the Muslim inmates. He hopes to one day marry a devout sister and have children.

This brother has no communication outside of prison with anyone in the Islamic community other than representatives of the organizations he studies with and would very much love corresponding with Muslims of any age, race, gender or nationality.

If you would be interested in writing this brother, he would feel blessed to hear from you. Let him know that there are brothers and sisters out there who haven't forgotten him although he's not with us. His address is as follows:

Gary Godsey #0510426
        307 Craft Drive
        Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27105
        Thank you in advance for your caring.
        I hope he finds some brothers to communicate with In Sha Allaah.

It doesn't seem very likely though, unfortunately. Some people are worried about being "connected" to convicts and the repercussions that may have. So the fear factor deters them from writing.

It's commendable that you are writing to him, even more so, as you're not a Muslim. I pray to Allaah to guide you to His beautiful religion. The path of the righteous and the path to Paradise.

Comment

A quick question: The address you provided isn't one of a prison facility in the US. Neither does the name "Gary Godsey" come up on the Federal Bureau of Prisons site, nor his Prison number.

Can you tell us why that may be? Is he in a half-way house?

Comment

Working...
          X