Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salaam, a quick introduction, looking for guidance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salaam, a quick introduction, looking for guidance.

I have started reading all my namaz, it is only a week but i feel really good.

I manage to read fair, Maghrib and Isha at mosque. Last week i read my duh and asr namaz in kaza.

This week while at work i will read my duh and asr namaz during break and between work.

I feel really good about myself and am wanting to make this a long term commitment. Any advice on what else i can do to help me get closer to Allah. I read the English version of the Quran in between namaz. I would like to be able to recite actual Kursi for my Isha Witr and i would also like to learn more about tasbih, tahajjud, and other ways to keep myself on the right party.

Are there any resources online? Any places i could visit or any YouTube or instagram accounts that i could follow to help me.

Thanks in advance

Shahid

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Its beautiful to read this, May Allah keep you steadfast & reward you with goodness in both worlds

For the time being, I would advice you to focus on your salah. Try to ensure that you pray your salah on time & when that is on point, then you can look into incorporating other sunnah & nawafil acts of worship into your routine.

It is very important to not overburden yourself or you will burn out. Do small things consistently.

These are small things you can do:

* After every fardh salaah recite Subhanallah, alhumdulillah and allahu akbar x10

* Recite Subhanallahi wa bihamdihi and subhanallahil adheem

* Morning and evening adhkar. Download the my dua app on iPhone and choose some duas that you will recite at fajr time and asr time. There’s quite a few so maybe start off with the 4 Quls and then add to that as you go on

There are many resources online but you need to be careful who you take from. If you are new to practising then I’d advise you to take a bit of time out to study aqeedah. I’ll have a look at my YouTube playlist Insha allah & see what I can recommend
    https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Yes I will post something in shaa Allah.

So wait.
      https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Bismillah.

As the one said above, focus on your namaaz. Even if it is only the obligatory ones until it is your sincere habit and make the intention to pray on time.

Increase your knowledge. Start with Aqeedah (Creed/theology), it is important to know and learn about Islaam and about eeman. About Allah and how to worship Him.

For listening try a channel such as The Merciful Servant on YouTube.

Try listening to tafsir and the stories of the Prophet and the companions. You can try Mufti Menk (May Allah increase him) as he explains with simplicity with clear pronunciation.

Try to order this book. 40 Ahadith of Imam Nawawi.

I also highly recommend reading The Madinah Book 1. It is a must read. Short and simple. With that, try to slowly increase your Quranic vocabulary (assuming you do not know Arabic) and Maa shaa Allah tabarakaAllah you will understand the Qur'an in a few years in shaa Allah. But consistency, learning a few words every other day and you will see your tahajud become mighty in shaa Allah.

Take your time and try to avoid sins by the ears and by the tongue . And certainly Allah is forgiving.
        Last edited by Kiro; 13-01-20, 06:03 PM.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Also learn pronunciation of the Arabic words for Qur'an. It is called elocution in English. In Arabic it is called tajweed. This is very important.

Take your time in learning and always ask for guidance and patience.

Focus on the obligatory acts of worship and never neglect the Qur'an. Always learn some words. [PDF] 80% Quranic Words - QuranPDA
          www.quranpda.com › 80_Percent_...

Last edited by Kiro; 13-01-20, 03:19 PM.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Thank you for the replies. My basics are very good. I am a Muslim and have grown up Muslim but neglected my namaz. I want to do better and learn all the ways to increase knowledge. Apologies if it came across as i am a revert or new to Islam.

Comment

Originally posted by M4lik View Post
              Thank you for the replies. My basics are very good. I am a Muslim and have grown up Muslim but neglected my namaz. I want to do better and learn all the ways to increase knowledge. Apologies if it came across as i am a revert or new to Islam.
              May Allah increase you in knowledge in shaa Allah

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Working...
              X