Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we "hack" someones heart to accept islam?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can we "hack" someones heart to accept islam?

    We know many stories about people falling in love and converting for the other person....children grown up as muslims mostly end up becoming muslims too....how can these people convert like that,so easily,and how can these children mostly all choose to follow Islam.....so i wonder is there something that you have to trigger? Like prayer and good deeds increase your eman,you make the cause and the eman starts to raise...is there also some trigger to make the cause that Allah guides someone?...or is it literally just like that , that Allah guides whom He wills, without any cause or smth, and we just present the truth,and hope that Allah guides them?
    what does it matter who I end up with if it can’t be you...you will always be my princess...

  • #2
    Only Allah can guide someone to Islam. You can only spread its message, you can't convince them to be a Muslim.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Abisali View Post
      Only Allah can guide someone to Islam. You can only spread its message, you can't convince them to be a Muslim.
      Yes so many examples from the seerah.
      https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

      Ephemeral reader

      Comment


      • #4
        The title is so catchy

        Comment


        • #5
          We can follow the beautiful deen and this will by a reminder.

          When anyone sees it's beauty they will be won over if they accept it.

          In the end Allah knows who will accept it and whom not.

          Comment


          • #6
            If only it was that easy..
            Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

            Comment


            • #7
              إِنَّكَ لَا تَهْدِي مَنْ أَحْبَبْتَ وَلَٰكِنَّ اللَّهَ يَهْدِي مَن يَشَاءُ وَهُوَ أَعْلَمُ بِالْمُهْتَدِينَ

              Surely you cannot guide whom you love, but Allah guides whom He pleases, and He knows best the followers of the right way.

              Comment


              • #8
                O Muhammad, you wish that your clansmen and your kinsfolk; and your near and dear ones should benefit from this life-giving nectar, but your willing alone cannot avail. To give guidance is in the power of Allah: He favors with it only those whom He finds inclined to accept guidance. If your kinsfolk lack this inclination, how can they be favored with this blessing?”

                According to Bukhari and Muslim, this verse was sent down with regard to the Prophet’s (peace be upon him) uncle, Abu Talib. When he was about to breathe his last, the Prophet (peace be upon him) tried his utmost that he should affirm faith in La ilaha illallah, so that he might die as a Muslim, but he preferred to die on the creed of Abdul Muttalib; that is why Allah said: “You cannot give guidance to whom you please.” But this is a well known method of the traditionalists and commentators that when they find that a particular verse applies to an event of the Prophet's time, they regard it as the occasion of the verse’s revelation. Therefore, it cannot be necessarily concluded from this and the other similar traditions that have been related in Tirmidhi, Musnad Ahmad, etc. on the authority of Abu Hurairah, Ibn Abbas, Ibn Umar, etc. that this verse of Surah Al-Qasas was revealed on the occasion of Abu Talib’s death. This only shows that the truth of its meaning became most evident only on that occasion. Though the Prophet (peace be upon him) sincerely wished that every man should be blessed with guidance, the person whose dying on disbelief could cause him the greatest anguish and of whose guidance he was most desirous on account of personal bonds of love and affection, was Abu Talib. But when he was helpless in affording guidance even to him, it became evident that it did not lie in the power of the Prophet to give guidance to one or withhold it from another, but it lay wholly in the power of Allah. And Allah bestows this favor on whomever He wills not on account of a family or tribal relationship, but on the basis of one’s sincerity, capability and inclination of the heart.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Faith reloaded 2 View Post
                  O Muhammad, you wish that your clansmen and your kinsfolk; and your near and dear ones should benefit from this life-giving nectar, but your willing alone cannot avail. To give guidance is in the power of Allah: He favors with it only those whom He finds inclined to accept guidance. If your kinsfolk lack this inclination, how can they be favored with this blessing?”

                  According to Bukhari and Muslim, this verse was sent down with regard to the Prophet’s (peace be upon him) uncle, Abu Talib. When he was about to breathe his last, the Prophet (peace be upon him) tried his utmost that he should affirm faith in La ilaha illallah, so that he might die as a Muslim, but he preferred to die on the creed of Abdul Muttalib; that is why Allah said: “You cannot give guidance to whom you please.” But this is a well known method of the traditionalists and commentators that when they find that a particular verse applies to an event of the Prophet's time, they regard it as the occasion of the verse’s revelation. Therefore, it cannot be necessarily concluded from this and the other similar traditions that have been related in Tirmidhi, Musnad Ahmad, etc. on the authority of Abu Hurairah, Ibn Abbas, Ibn Umar, etc. that this verse of Surah Al-Qasas was revealed on the occasion of Abu Talib’s death. This only shows that the truth of its meaning became most evident only on that occasion. Though the Prophet (peace be upon him) sincerely wished that every man should be blessed with guidance, the person whose dying on disbelief could cause him the greatest anguish and of whose guidance he was most desirous on account of personal bonds of love and affection, was Abu Talib. But when he was helpless in affording guidance even to him, it became evident that it did not lie in the power of the Prophet to give guidance to one or withhold it from another, but it lay wholly in the power of Allah. And Allah bestows this favor on whomever He wills not on account of a family or tribal relationship, but on the basis of one’s sincerity, capability and inclination of the heart.
                  Very well explained,jzk khair for your explanation....so i guess the "trigger" is the sincerety,capability and inclination of the heart which we cant measure or change so its all in the hand of Allah....
                  what does it matter who I end up with if it can’t be you...you will always be my princess...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Abisali View Post
                    Only Allah can guide someone to Islam. You can only spread its message, you can't convince them to be a Muslim.
                    I guess....but it confuses me a lot how some people can convert for the sake of the one they love...we know stories like this since the time of the prophet saws,and even a simple google search can show you tons of stories for people converting for the sake of muslims who arent even that good muslims....i dont understand how it can be so easily for some,just like that....but i guess Allahu Alem.....
                    what does it matter who I end up with if it can’t be you...you will always be my princess...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Aetos View Post

                      I guess....but it confuses me a lot how some people can convert for the sake of the one they love...we know stories like this since the time of the prophet saws,and even a simple google search can show you tons of stories for people converting for the sake of muslims who arent even that good muslims....i dont understand how it can be so easily for some,just like that....but i guess Allahu Alem.....
                      If they're converting for the one they love and not for Allah, did they really convert to Islam? Or are they just now filling a role in order to be accepted by that persons family?

                      Also, many people who date Muslims, learn about true Islam and become Muslims and leave behind the person they were dating because they realize that they were never a practicing Muslim in the first place. People might learn about Islam for someone they're dating, but they don't truly become Muslim for them.

                      You can only, truly, become Muslim for Allah.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It depends and it isn't as straight forward as your implication suggests (that a person just falls in love and embraces Islam for the relationship). These "conversions" can really vary. I've come across people who fall in love with a Muslim and then through interactions with Muslims become curious, learn about Islam and then embrace it sincerely (some embrace Islam before marriage, some on the wedding and some after marriage). I've also come Muslims who aren't practising at all, but get their girlfriend or boyfriend to do a token conversion so the family accepts them as Muslim and can have a nikah but really they aren't living their lives as proper Muslims in earnest, it was more of a token gesture to appease the Muslim family.

                        I've come across a couple of convert sisters who married non practising Muslim men and then over time learned about Islam, embraced it fully and in fact their own husbands were upset and unable to tolerate how practising (in the husband's words "extreme") they became and that resulted in their marriages ending. I also know a convert sister who embraced Islam long before she got married, but when she married an Arab brother, some people jumped to conclusions that she's a white woman so she was probably dating him and then did a token conversion for the sake of the marriage even though her embracing Islam was totally unrelated and happened before she met her husband. Assumptions like that happen a lot.

                        Most importantly of all though, as Abisali pointed out, is that people truly convert for Allah (swt) and not solely for marriage or other worldly gain. A key example of this is certain women who embrace Islam, start practising, wearing hijab or even niqab and go the whole nine yards when they get married, but when things go wrong and they get divorced, those same hijabi/niqabi women take off their coverings, go back to their non Muslim families and go off the rails, some even start drinking and clubbing and some even leave Islam altogether and become islamophobes. So it's possible you've come across such a sister whilst she's still married and not realised that this is an 'iman' that can turn on a dime. The term Aqida stems from a word that means tied like a knot, meaning it's a bond that's stable and wont break. That's a pretty big contrast compared to someone who stays muslim as long as they're in a happy marriage and decides to be non muslim when the marriage ends. It's deen ul haq not nikah.

                        Originally posted by Aetos View Post

                        I guess....but it confuses me a lot how some people can convert for the sake of the one they love...we know stories like this since the time of the prophet saws,and even a simple google search can show you tons of stories for people converting for the sake of muslims who arent even that good muslims....i dont understand how it can be so easily for some,just like that....but i guess Allahu Alem.....
                        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by neelu View Post
                          It depends and it isn't as straight forward as your implication suggests (that a person just falls in love and embraces Islam for the relationship). These "conversions" can really vary. I've come across people who fall in love with a Muslim and then through interactions with Muslims become curious, learn about Islam and then embrace it sincerely (some embrace Islam before marriage, some on the wedding and some after marriage). I've also come Muslims who aren't practising at all, but get their girlfriend or boyfriend to do a token conversion so the family accepts them as Muslim and can have a nikah but really they aren't living their lives as proper Muslims in earnest, it was more of a token gesture to appease the Muslim family.

                          I've come across a couple of convert sisters who married non practising Muslim men and then over time learned about Islam, embraced it fully and in fact their own husbands were upset and unable to tolerate how practising (in the husband's words "extreme") they became and that resulted in their marriages ending. I also know a convert sister who embraced Islam long before she got married, but when she married an Arab brother, some people jumped to conclusions that she's a white woman so she was probably dating him and then did a token conversion for the sake of the marriage even though her embracing Islam was totally unrelated and happened before she met her husband. Assumptions like that happen a lot.

                          Most importantly of all though, as Abisali pointed out, is that people truly convert for Allah (swt) and not solely for marriage or other worldly gain. A key example of this is certain women who embrace Islam, start practising, wearing hijab or even niqab and go the whole nine yards when they get married, but when things go wrong and they get divorced, those same hijabi/niqabi women take off their coverings, go back to their non Muslim families and go off the rails, some even start drinking and clubbing and some even leave Islam altogether and become islamophobes. So it's possible you've come across such a sister whilst she's still married and not realised that this is an 'iman' that can turn on a dime. The term Aqida stems from a word that means tied like a knot, meaning it's a bond that's stable and wont break. That's a pretty big contrast compared to someone who stays muslim as long as they're in a happy marriage and decides to be non muslim when the marriage ends. It's deen ul haq not nikah.


                          Wow...good...thanks for all this info...do you know how long it takes on average for these people to embrace islam?
                          what does it matter who I end up with if it can’t be you...you will always be my princess...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            That's like asking how long is a piece of string. I knew one woman who was married to a Muslim and they had two sons whom they raised as Muslim but she didn't convert to Islam till 14 years after they got married. I know another sister who also converted a few years and 2 or 3 kids into the marriage. For another sister, she converted around 1-2 years after marriage, but her husband had been giving her dawah before marriage as well (I don't know how long for). There was another woman I met in the mosque who was married to a Muslim but I don't think she ever converted (I haven't been to that mosque for some years now so don't know if her situation changed since I last saw her but she didn't seem inclined towards Islam throughout the time I knew her). So it can really vary from person to person. One of my close friends also knows several former sisters who entered Islam, only to leave Islam some years later and go back to the kafir way of life they had beforehand.

                            The most important thing for a brother to remember though is that if he meets someone he likes from the non Muslim community, then these stories of conversions shouldn't encourage him too much to assume that the person he likes will convert as well because every person varies and one woman in that situation might convert soon after, another might convert years later and another might never convert at all so he has to be prepared for that possibility and not get his hopes up unnecessarily, only for them to be dashed ten years after marriage when she's still not muslim and thinks the kids being taught about lgbt in school is okay.

                            Originally posted by Aetos View Post

                            Wow...good...thanks for all this info...do you know how long it takes on average for these people to embrace islam?
                            The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Aetos View Post

                              Very well explained,jzk khair for your explanation....so i guess the "trigger" is the sincerety,capability and inclination of the heart which we cant measure or change so its all in the hand of Allah....


                              Though I must say that that wasn’t my explanation, I just copy pasted it

                              Allah swt will guide someone, provided that they are sincere, genuine and truly open to the message of Islam. It is part of the fitrah of humans to incline to the truth, it’s within human nature

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X