Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese Muslim: Almost left Islam After First Reading of the Qur'aan

Assalaamu alaikum warahmatullah.

Alhamdulillah, a short, insightful video by a young Chinese brother. Very articulate and thoughtful, relates his experiences with the Qur'an...

​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts. Thank you! (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Wa alaykum as-salam wa rahmatullah

Ma sha Allah, great brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Abdur_Rahman View Post
      Wa alaykum as-salam wa rahmatullah

Ma sha Allah, great brother.
      Alhamdulillah. I saw a couple of his other videos also and one was a discussion with a middle aged Chinese lady which ended in her taking shahadah. Probably one of the most serene reversions I've seen. The lady seemed in a very contemplative mood already.

I hope he doesn't get carried away with the fame and that he's able to remain grounded... Apparently only been posting videos for a short time and has a lot of subscribers... Some of the comments make you worry. All that adulation from people can't be easy to deal with.
      Last edited by Fakhri-bin-Ali; 09-01-20, 12:41 AM.
      ​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts. Thank you! (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Comment

^I know an English convert brother who had a big following on facebook, loads of fans. Almost all of his posts would end up with over a hundred comments from various people. Eventually he told me he was afraid of riya and took a step back from it, closed the account and opened a new one with only a few close friends and family and tries to keep a low profile. In a way I thought it was a shame he took a step back because he made some profound posts and had a way of getting through to people in a polite but uncompromising way, but for the sake of his own deen I guess it was for the best.
        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post

Alhamdulillah. I saw a couple of his other videos also and one was a discussion with a middle aged Chinese lady which ended in her taking shahadah. Probably one of the most serene reversions I've seen. The lady seemed in a very contemplative mood already.

I hope he doesn't get carried away with the fame and that he's able to remain grounded... Apparently only been posting videos for a short time and has a lot of subscribers... Some of the comments make you worry. All that adulation from people can't be easy to deal with.
          Subhan Allah.

I was about to say, when watching his video, I can see the noor coming from him - the type you get when you first become fully practicing.

The hardest part is to stay grounded and still to one's beliefs and to not compromise.

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
            ^I know an English convert brother who had a big following on facebook, loads of fans. Almost all of his posts would end up with over a hundred comments from various people. Eventually he told me he was afraid of riya and took a step back from it, closed the account and opened a new one with only a few close friends and family and tries to keep a low profile. In a way I thought it was a shame he took a step back because he made some profound posts and had a way of getting through to people in a polite but uncompromising way, but for the sake of his own deen I guess it was for the best.
            Why don't you quote the brother instead of the ^?

Comment

Working...
            X