Why is black magic haram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is black magic haram?

I heard stories from my parents and they said back in their home country, a lot of people used to and still practice black magic involving jinns, they said even mullahs practice it. But if it’s haram to practice black magic, then why would some mullahs practice it? And why is it haram in the first place to practice black magic involving jinns? (Don’t worry, it’s only for research purposes).

Originally posted by Sam1998 View Post
    I heard stories from my parents and they said back in their home country, a lot of people used to and still practice black magic involving jinns, they said even mullahs practice it. But if it’s haram to practice black magic, then why would some mullahs practice it? And why is it haram in the first place to practice black magic involving jinns? (Don’t worry, it’s only for research purposes).
    "And they followed [instead] what the devils had recited during the reign of Solomon. It was not Solomon who disbelieved, but the devils disbelieved, teaching people magic and that which was revealed to the two angels at Babylon, Harut and Marut. But the two angels do not teach anyone unless they say, "We are a trial, so do not disbelieve [by practicing magic]." And [yet] they learn from them that by which they cause separation between a man and his wife. But they do not harm anyone through it except by permission of Allah . And the people learn what harms them and does not benefit them. But the Children of Israel certainly knew that whoever purchased the magic would not have in the Hereafter any share. And wretched is that for which they sold themselves, if they only knew." [2:102]

Black magic is Haram because it is a tool for causing harm not benefit. Perhaps some of these people from back home are ignorant or hypocrites.

Allah created Sihr to test our patience and dedication to His religion, The greedy followers of Shaytaan will prefer the Sihr and have no share in the Hereafter. The patient worshippers of Allah restrict themselves to the Shari'ah and enjoy both lives.

Comment

You assume mullahs are infallible.

Comment

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/7870...magic-a-kaafir

Read this Sam1998
        وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

As a general rule, as a Muslim, when something is clearly haram, we need not to ask why

Our religion is submission, not logically i believe (though of course logic and reason is a part of iman)

As Umar said when he kissed the Black Stone, if he had not seen the Prophet do it, he wouldnt have done it
          .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
          نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
          دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Think it's got gelatin in it..go for milk tray instead.
            Spears shall be shaken! Shields shall be splintered! a sword day..a red day..ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride to ruin, and the world’s ending!

None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.”

Comment

Originally posted by Sam1998 View Post
              Because in order for the (bad) Jinn to help you, you need to do a few disgusting things like defiling holy scripture, or engage in shirk-like behaviour. Once the spirits know you're a vile individual who doesn't care for the Truth, then they'll aid you.

But remember, the Jinns are always in control, not the other way around.
              'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

Islam always has answer to everything.
                قُلْنَا يَا نَارُ كُونِي بَرْدًا وَسَلَامًا عَلَىٰ إِبْرَاهِيمَ - 21:69

Comment

Black magic has for thousands of years been associated with cults , Ghosts, Devil sacrifice etc you know it.
                  There is place for such negative things in islam.
                  Islam tries to create an environment of peace among humans and Black Magic is not helping that.
                  قُلْنَا يَا نَارُ كُونِي بَرْدًا وَسَلَامًا عَلَىٰ إِبْرَاهِيمَ - 21:69

Comment

Magic is haram,black or white.

Comment

Originally posted by i.carrim View Post
                      Magic is haram,black or white.
                      Cha'mone!..hee hee
                      Spears shall be shaken! Shields shall be splintered! a sword day..a red day..ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride to ruin, and the world’s ending!

None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.”

Comment

Originally posted by Eorlingas View Post

Cha'mone!..hee hee
                        LOL,that is absolute pure gold,stamp that into a 3 gram coin for a dinar.

Comment

Working...
                        X