No announcement yet.

Good idea to pray/read Quran all night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good idea to pray/read Quran all night?

I work night shifts and then I cannot sleep all night which becomes really boring. Before I would play video games, exercise at a gym or drink at a bar but I got tired of everything. I was thinking would it be a good idea to pray and read Quran all night till Tahajjud and Fajr in the morning and then sleep? Not showing off or anything just confused because some people discourage praying after 12 midnight.

Comment

Asalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatu

Being realistic those are great intentions but chances are you wont be able to maintain it

You're better off doing a little consistently than a lot one off. Start smaller few rakat and a bit of Quran. After you've mastered that then increase

As for not praying after 12 this is baseless

May Allah increase you in your desire to serve him
      The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
      ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

You work night shifts and you cannot sleep at night? Do you work or sleep at night? And you can definitely read the Quran anytime of the day and night.
        الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

I try to recite the Quran daily. But after about 30 minutes I stop reading. I would begin to feel a little fatigued or my attention declines. This is because I
          concentrate when reading.
          I noticed also that during the last few days of Ramadan, some people decide to recite the Quran all night upto the dawn prayer.

Comment

Greetings 
            https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Working...
            X