There is no/low BARAKA in my time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is no/low BARAKA in my time

I constantly feel like I don't get as much as I should get done in a day (in given time). I am constantly saying "there is no Baraka in my time'. I know its effect of time and constant distraction and our mind is not focused. What are some things you are doing to increase Baraka in things you already have. Areas in your life you feel behind on and need to make it more efficient

Some days and weeks are slow. But all consistent work yet small is rewarding. 
    https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Ahmad narrated (10560) that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Hour will not begin until time passes quickly, so a year will be like a month, and a month will be like a week, and a week will be like a day, and a day will be like an hour, and an hour will be like the burning of a braid of palm leaves.”

People away from Islam.
      قُلْنَا يَا نَارُ كُونِي بَرْدًا وَسَلَامًا عَلَىٰ إِبْرَاهِيمَ - 21:69

Comment

I fell ill to the same problem in my past. I’m certain dua was the prime factor hastening it’s relief. May Allah rectify your situation!
        Learn Arabic for Free Fast https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyiqbV9y3m4

Comment

Originally posted by Shafii View Post
          Ahmad narrated (10560) that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Hour will not begin until time passes quickly, so a year will be like a month, and a month will be like a week, and a week will be like a day, and a day will be like an hour, and an hour will be like the burning of a braid of palm leaves.”

People away from Islam.
          I think about this hadith often but I have to say a year still feels long and a month still feels long, for me personally. But its the hour, days, weeks that tend to go fast

Comment

It is the sign of last day, when imaan leaves from life , life moves fast.
            قُلْنَا يَا نَارُ كُونِي بَرْدًا وَسَلَامًا عَلَىٰ إِبْرَاهِيمَ - 21:69

Comment

Maybe if we frequently do istighfar and be grateful for what we have, we will experience more barakah in our lives in sha Allah.
              ~‘And He will provide him from (sources) he could never imagine. And whoever puts their trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed, Allah has set a measure for all things.’~ - سورة الطلاق : 3

Comment

Originally posted by Kya View Post

I think about this hadith often but I have to say a year still feels long and a month still feels long, for me personally. But its the hour, days, weeks that tend to go fast
                I feel a week, month or year is a long time ahead too but the actual days go by fast. Once one day passes then another etc then it seems like the week flew by or the month was over fast. It is the same with years, once they are over it feels like the year ended quick. Thinking ahead about a week, month or year seems they are far. (I hope you understand what I am trying to say).

For daily activities I find planning around salah helps. Having read salah on time gives a feeling of satisfaction and feeling less pressured to get other activities done and alhumdulillah most stuff gets done. If it doesn't I don't stress about it, just take each day as it comes. Prioritise your activities and make a list if you have too. Split things up into a few days rather than trying to get so much done in one day. Any tasks that are not done on the day you wanted to then do them first the next day.

Comment

Do more things in the morning and sleep earlier at night

Comment

Originally posted by Okie_Dokie View Post
                    Do more things in the morning and sleep earlier at night
                    last night as I wrapped up the weekend by watching season finally of Walking Dead and set my clothes out for Monday morning, I found myself with surge of energy. So instead of going to bed, I ended up cleaning my bathroom floor/tub/floor mat..etc. While everyone was sleeping, I was cleaning at midnight. Not because I had to that moment, but because I was in the mood. As a night owl, I grew up hearing "early to bed, early to rise" you get more done in day. And I am amazed at how long the day is when you get started early vs. me rolling into work at 10am & its lunch time before I can get started. But there is a lot we can do at night too while early birds are sleeping. I guess time wise it is still 24 hours a day & never fully believed in early riser

Has anyone switched from being night owl to early bird. Do you get more done? Because sunlight is more energizing

Comment

last night as I wrapped up the weekend by watching season finally of Walking Dead and set my clothes out for Monday morning, I found myself with surge of energy. So instead of going to bed, I ended up cleaning my bathroom floor/tub/floor mat..etc. While everyone was sleeping, I was cleaning at midnight. Not because I had to that moment, but because I was in the mood. As a night owl, I grew up hearing "early to bed, early to rise" you get more done in day. And I am amazed at how long the day is when you get started early vs. me rolling into work at 10am & its lunch time before I can get started. But there is a lot we can do at night too while early birds are sleeping. I guess time wise it is still 24 hours a day & never fully believed in early riser

Has anyone switched from being night owl to early bird. Do you get more done? Because sunlight is more energizing
                      Yeah, I get that. But still delaying your night makes mornings unproductive. I used to be a night owl too, doing work till fajr then sleeping till noon. It takes a few days to change the sleep pattern.
                      Just personally feel that the hours in the morning after fajr seems longer than the night hours after maghrib/isha.

Maybe your problem is not with the time, but the energy to do things during times. I've followed the below hadith and had the energy to get through the day.
                      even with 2-4 hours of sleep the night before

Fatimah, the daughter of the Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him), when her husband, Ali (May Allah be pleased with him) asked her to go ask her father for a servant to help them in their house chores. When she went to her father’s house, she didn’t find him. Later in the evening, Ayesha the wife of Prophet Muhammad, told the Prophet that his daughter was looking for him and what his daughter requested. The Prophet went to Fatima’s and Ali’s house, sat between them and said:

“Shall I tell you a thing which is better than what you asked me for? When you go to your beds, say: ‘Allahu Akbar (i.e. Allah is Greater)’ for 34 times, and ‘Alhamdu Lillah (i.e. all the praises are for Allah)’ for 33 times, and Subhan Allah (i.e. Glorified be Allah) for 33 times. This is better for you than what you have requested.”
                      Last edited by Okie_Dokie; 26-11-19, 12:06 AM.

Comment

I constantly feel like I don't get as much as I should get done in a day (in given time). I am constantly saying "there is no Baraka in my time'. I know its effect of time and constant distraction and our mind is not focused. What are some things you are doing to increase Baraka in things you already have. Areas in your life you feel behind on and need to make it more efficient
                        If you're feeling this way then im assuming you dont sit in groups often sounds like ur always alone?

Comment

Yes I was a night owl now I sleep and wake early, I feel that its helped my deen more than anything, since I can wake for tahajjud and then do fajr and study. I have only started this a week ago so I need to test this in the long term.
                          وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                          X