Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

I know only Allah knows where you will end up, but what do you hope that Allah will give you in the next 5 years? 

This is like the most cliche question ever but I’m super bored and I’m curious about how people answer this question genuinely, not like in a job interview and stuff like that. 

In exactly the same place and location that I'm in now.  If Allah swt gives me life my plans are on hold until 10 years.  In the interim I'm trying to prepare myself for the next step, gaining the qualifications/experience I need inshaAllah.

Comment

I hope to have performed hajj inshaAllah.

Also hope Allah swt gives me opportunities to help/serve my parents as they age.

Can't really give details about anything else.

Comment

Hopefully a lot changed by then. I did a "where was I 5 years ago, 10 years ago" exercise and realize not much change happened in my life in last 5 years but going back 10 years, there is a world of differences. Because not much happened in last 5 years, I hope a lot of improvement happens in next 5 years. I have to remember to plant as many seeds as I can now so some will flourish in 5 years. Not every seed will flourish but some.. it depends on where I put effort in now, to see results in future

IA 5 years from now, I hope to
        Perform Hajj, perfect my ibadah, complete my Islamic study course
        Perfect my gym/healthy eating habit, lose 20lb again & hopefully don't gain them back.. Complete a 10K run
        Move into a house, perfect my cleaning and cooking skills, have a proper family and learn to host parties/gathering
        Improve my minimalist mindset & learn to value quality over quantity
        Travel to a country in Africa and South America

Comment

Awaken the mangekyou sharingan & become an ummah forum mod.

Comment

I'll just walk the earth.
            Spears shall be shaken! Shields shall be splintered! a sword day..a red day..ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride to ruin, and the worlds ending!

None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.

Comment

I haven't thought that far. I was asked the other day 'don't you worry about your future'? But tbh im currently in avoid ypur problems mode (sort of) and have already 'failed' at a lot so whatever it is I will find it difficult. I'll embrace that when I'm trying to improve again lol. I don't really make dua for anything ('material') because until i actually want to do something i will mess it up. Hope this doesn't sound too negative.

Comment

Hopefully id have become more knowledgable in deen and been sitting with a lot of ulama

and have my own family and be settled in a muslim country

Comment

I have hopes of where I'll be in 5 years, but at the moment I don't see them happening. 5 years ago I didn't expect to still be here 5 years later so it's highly possible I will still be in this exact same place 5 years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by usernametaken View Post
                    I haven't thought that far. I was asked the other day 'don't you worry about your future'? But tbh im currently in avoid ypur problems mode (sort of) and have already 'failed' at a lot so whatever it is I will find it difficult. I'll embrace that when I'm trying to improve again lol. I don't really make dua for anything ('material') because until i actually want to do something i will mess it up. Hope this doesn't sound too negative.
                    You should have some goals. They give you hope and something to strive towards. If you focus on achieving something that will be good for you, it could help you gain a more positive mindset overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Juwairiyyah View Post
                      I have hopes of where I'll be in 5 years, but at the moment I don't see them happening. 5 years ago I didn't expect to still be here 5 years later so it's highly possible I will still be in this exact same place 5 years from now.
                      That’s why we need to start taking some initiative. I do the same thing actually, I have hopes but then don’t do anything to make them a reality. We need to be more proactive. Like the Hadith says put your faith in Allah but also tie your camel. 

Comment

Originally posted by Medic View Post
                        Awaken the mangekyou sharingan & become an ummah forum mod.
                        Awakening the mangekyou sharingan comes at a very steep price. Are you willing to pay it?

Comment

Originally posted by Eorlingas View Post
                          I'll just walk the earth.
                          Going around in circles over and over again? 

Comment

Hopefully i get my ijazah and start teaching Quran

Comment

Thinking about the future is a luxury that people who have their health and options can enjoy. I try to avoid thinking about the future as I find that too frightening. I'm not in much of a position to make plans. All I can do for my future is hope and pray. In some ways I'm more afraid of my future than death- I know for most people the opposite is true.
                              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Working...
                              X