Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Long-running Monthly Competition? ( :| Here we go again...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Long-running Monthly Competition? ( :| Here we go again...)

:p

Assalamu 'alaikum warahmatullah.

Competitions.

I've probably mentioned somewhere that I'm not normally a fan of them for a few different reasons.

What I do like though, is reading things posted by the brothers and sisters on here, alhamdulillah - most specifically when they in some way remind of Allah Ta'aalaa, or help encourage, motivate, move us in a positive way.

Another reason for this thread is that it might help keep a few more of us involved with this place more often, inshaa'Allah.

This post is to sound out any interest in having a long running competition - a kind of 'league' where we have a number of users submitting things every two weeks / every month (poem, 100 word story, article, etc). The submissions receive points and 1st place receives a little prize for that 'round'.

At the end of the year from out of all the entrants, the one who has received most points is awarded a final prize.

We could have it as all individual members in a 'league' format... Or we could have small teams where it's brothers on one side and sisters on the other... 4 brothers and 4 sisters, for example - or maybe even do both at the same time so there are two final prizes (one for the individual and one for the team)

I know we have people here who have a flair for writing / enjoy writing, so let me know if interested, inshaa'Allah.

Br @Morose
    Sr @Rahmah.
    Br @Kiro
    Sr @lailathemuslim
    Br @Abu Julaybeeb
    Sr @neelu
    Br @al-mualim
    Sr @ya'sin

Just a few random names that are coming to mind...
    Anyone not mentioned there, please let me know if interested, inshaa'Allah.

Jazaa'akumullah khair.

(Assalamu 'alaikum warahmatullah.)
    Last edited by Fakhri-bin-Ali; 02-10-19, 01:10 AM.
    ​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts. Thank you! (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Oooo Prize... 
    https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

I am interested
      وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Alhamdulillah.

It looks like that's three so far.
        ​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts. Thank you! (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Comment

Posted only a month and half ago? 
          Feels like I posted this at least 3 or 4 months back. I guess a lot's been happening to make me feel like this was that long ago. Subhaanallah. 

Comment

I shall answer for Rahmah. if that's ok, I think I know who she might be... She apologises that she cannot commit to this and wouldn't want to end up dropping-out, or absent when expected to produce something.

I think others should go ahead if they are still interested, in sha Allah. Also maybe some haven't seen this thread yet. There are a number of eloquent writers on UF. Allahumma barik lahum.

I had an idea which maybe could run alongside that idea ^ too... ?

What about something like a quiz? Maybe brothers against sisters. This would mean it's open to everyone, and hence may get more people involved?

Also for the prize to go towards charity or a Sadaqah Jaariyah project (e.g. providing water, Hifdh classes, Da'wah, Masjid, education, etc) via an agreed Charity (UWT?), on behalf of those who participated in the winning team?

And if there are regular competitions then different types of Sadaqah projects can be contributed to for the winners.

So then it gives (or may give) members an incentive to participate/get involved. Because the intention, and in sha Allah gain, is actually to help people in need, seeking the much needed rewards from Allah. And so the winning isn't just about winning (a quiz). But a team effort to help others and, ultimately, our own souls. So, a WIN win, in sha Allah.

(Would that be an Islamically acceptable competition? It seems ok... but maybe should get it confirmed?)

What do other members think of the idea?

And do they have any additions or improvements to contribute to the idea? What it should entail, how it should be designed?

And would they take part?

Tagging people may help if no responders...

Comment

Yay quizes
              https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Working...
              X