Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Long-running Monthly Competition? ( :| Here we go again...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Long-running Monthly Competition? ( :| Here we go again...)

:p

Assalamu 'alaikum warahmatullah.

Competitions.

I've probably mentioned somewhere that I'm not normally a fan of them for a few different reasons.

What I do like though, is reading things posted by the brothers and sisters on here, alhamdulillah - most specifically when they in some way remind of Allah Ta'aalaa, or help encourage, motivate, move us in a positive way.

Another reason for this thread is that it might help keep a few more of us involved with this place more often, inshaa'Allah.

This post is to sound out any interest in having a long running competition - a kind of 'league' where we have a number of users submitting things every two weeks / every month (poem, 100 word story, article, etc). The submissions receive points and 1st place receives a little prize for that 'round'.

At the end of the year from out of all the entrants, the one who has received most points is awarded a final prize.

We could have it as all individual members in a 'league' format... Or we could have small teams where it's brothers on one side and sisters on the other... 4 brothers and 4 sisters, for example - or maybe even do both at the same time so there are two final prizes (one for the individual and one for the team)

I know we have people here who have a flair for writing / enjoy writing, so let me know if interested, inshaa'Allah.

Br @Morose
    Sr @Rahmah.
    Br @Kiro
    Sr @lailathemuslim
    Br @Abu Julaybeeb
    Sr @neelu
    Br @al-mualim
    Sr @ya'sin

Just a few random names that are coming to mind...
    Anyone not mentioned there, please let me know if interested, inshaa'Allah.

Jazaa'akumullah khair.

(Assalamu 'alaikum warahmatullah.)
    Last edited by Fakhri-bin-Ali; 02-10-19, 01:10 AM.
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH
    -------------------------------------

​​​​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Oooo Prize... 
    https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

I am interested
      وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Alhamdulillah.

It looks like that's three so far.
        LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH
        -------------------------------------

​​​​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Comment

Working...
        X