X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiro
    replied
    Originally posted by amandabruni View Post
    Hi, this is a great thread, and I was very interested to know your advice on Arabic Qur'an. Since I am a student, and I am learning arabic I am experiencing some stress about studying, and although https://edubirdie.com/annotated-bibl...riting-service helps me one educational platform, I always try to read and find useful tips.
    Language is about experience and repetition. To be able to understand a language you need hundreds and thousands hours of listening and studying.

So make it a goal to reach 1000 hours of listening. Listen to 2-3 juz a day while while paying attention. And learn new words!

Leave a comment:

• amandabruni
    replied
    Hi, this is a great thread, and I was very interested to know your advice on Arabic Qur'an. Since I am a student, and I am learning arabic I am experiencing some stress about studying, and although https://edubirdie.com/annotated-bibl...riting-service helps me one educational platform, I always try to read and find useful tips.

Leave a comment:

• Kiro
    replied
    Abu julaybeebLailaTheMuslimYa'sinLaylaaelmoEorlingasVeracityneeluSimply_LogicalMintchocchipBeliever1984i" or "Pakistani"

I am Brittani. Which mean mean "You are of Britain"

Imam Bukhaari compiled the greatest Hadith book. Imam Bukhaariiii. Bukhaari/Bukharee بخاري
    Last edited by Kiro; 09-11-19, 11:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kiro
    replied
    Abu julaybeebLailaTheMuslimYa'sinLaylaaelmoEorlingasVeracityneeluSimply_LogicalMintchocchipBeliever1984
    Last edited by Kiro; 03-11-19, 11:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kiro
    replied
    As-Salamu عlaykum

Sorry there has been no lessons for a while. Apologies.

Today we will look at Surah Al Maa'عun

Everything here is just a practice and repetition.

Abu julaybeebLailaTheMuslimYa'sinLaylaaelmoEorlingasVeracityneeluSimply_LogicalMintchocchipBeliever1984

@Indefinable Would you also like to be tagged?

Surah Maa'un Four Ayat.png

The surah starts off with a question.

أ Alif with hamza. Alif in the beginning of a word indicates a question. Although some words begin with a أ anyway but do not worry about that, just that you should be aware of it.

Surah Feel starts off with أ - أ لمْ تر كيف

A'lam tara kayfa

Common things.

It starts off with the same verb as well.

رى means "see"

Do you remember in past tense in Surah Ithaa Jaa'a, we said that the ت ta sound means you saw

Allah is Al Khaaliq. He is The Creator. So He (SWT) creates.

خلق Kha-la-qa = Created (a verb)

خلقت Kha-la-qat ت = She created

خلقتَ Kha'la'qata تَ = You created

خلقتِ Kha-la-qati تِ = You created (Talking to a female) If you were like talking to your mom then you would use this. "Mom, you created this" Khalaqti

خلقتُ Kha-la-qatu تَ - I created

If we use what is above to see the surah here. رءيتَ Ra'ayta, if you see above, the Ta sound means "you", here we see "You see"

أ + رءيت = أريت

Did you saw?

We saw in Surah Feel, this is a rhetorical device for "Have thought about it" - "Did you think about it?"

الذى Alathee, in Surah Fatiha, Surah Feel, Surah Jaa'a, Surah Asr and so many.

Did you see the one who

Here we learn a new verb كذب Ka-tha-ba, you can use this word in quite a few different ways. For example like "Rejected", "Denied", "Lied", do you see these rhyymes?? Okay bad joke. Anyway, the word generally means "lie/lied". I highly recommend memorizing this word because it comes up a lot.

We said ي before a verb is a prefix. It is present tense for "he". يكذب He lies. The ي has a Dumma/Pesh for a reason and we will perhaps discuss it later.

بدين Bi-Deen By the Deen.

بسم الله - Bismillah - Same word. ب = by/at/in

Did you saw the one who lies by the deen.

In shaa Allah you can see detailed tafsir on the word Deen. But a lot of times you see the word used like the English word "System".

in Surah Al Fatiha

ملك يوم الدين - Maliki yawm deen

You could say like Master/Owner of the day of the system. Because the Day of Judgement has it's system just like a court has a system.

But in shaa Allah you can see a more detailed tafsir.

Ayat 2

فذالك = Fa-thaalika

If you remember in previous lessons or if you see in other surahs, the letter ف before word means like the English word "So"

So the word without ف is Thaalika ذالك. If you study the Madinah Arabics then this is one of the first Arabic words you learn and it was certainly for me.

Haatha

Thaalika

Haathaa Kitaabun = This is a Book

Thaalika Kitaabun = That is a Book

Thaalika ذالك = That

الذى As we saw in the previous ayat and previous lessons, it is like the meaning "who" or "the people who". If talking about an object, a non Human then it can mean "which".

دعّ = Pushed/repulse

I want to check more word on this word through tafsir, I wanted to check before this lesson but seeing how it was already late, hear we go.

we said ي is present tense for "he"

Repulsing/ He is repulsing

Yateem يتيم = Orphan

This word is in Surah Ad-Duha so a good way of remembering if you know the surah.

So that is the one who repulses/pushes the Yateem/Orphan.

So that is one who is repulsing the yateem (Orphan).

[He oppresses]

In shaa Allah see you tomorrow. :smile-new:
    Last edited by Kiro; 31-10-19, 12:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kiro
    replied
    Sorry there has been no lesson. In shaa Allah tomorrow

Reflect on this:

Take your time learning and think of it as a hobby.

Leave a comment:

• Kiro
    replied
    surah feel.png

Abu julaybeebLailaTheMuslimYa'sinLaylaaelmoEorlingasVeracityneeluSimply_LogicalMintchocchipBeliever1984Ayah 3Ayah 4Bisurah falaq min highlighted.png

As you can see, I have highlighted the word Min من for visual reference

And He pelted them ب by stones from من Baked Clay

Ayah 5

surah feel last ayah.pngMu

Leave a comment:

• Believer1984
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Al-Mualim
    replied
    +1

Leave a comment:

• Kiro
    replied

Feel Ayah 1-3.png

Ayah 1Ayah 2:
    Last edited by Kiro; 16-10-19, 12:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• isa_muhammad
    replied
    Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

Who exactly are your classes for? Just people who already know tajweed?
    It is not tajweed .. as you can see
    It is an explanation and help with roots of Arabic words/phrases.

It is very good for English speakers. .. Alhamdulillah.

Leave a comment:

• Kiro
    replied
    Abu julaybeeb LailaTheMuslim Ya'sin Layla. aelmo Eorlingas Veracity ) neelu Simply_Logical Mintchocchip Believer1984

Lesson 3

Continuing on from last lesson

Ayah 3:

We previously covered that ف is a prefix and it means "so". The word سبح like SubhannAllah is that word. To declare the perfection and no defects.

ب just means "by" Bismillah - By the name of Allah.

حمد Praises and thanks. Alhamdulillah. Muhammad. Ahmad. حمد محمّد أحمد- ح - م - د

The ك in Rabb just means "you" or "your". Your Rabb. Alhamdulillahi Rabbil عa'lameen

So declare the perfection by the praise of your Rabb (your master/lord).

و Wa = And

استغفر This است Ist sound is a common sound in Arabic. A common prefix. Astagifrullah. Isti'qama. Istighfar. You might have heard of those words. That ist sound just means something that is continuous or persistent.

غفر like astaghirullah. غفر means to cover something, as in to your cover your sins.

And seek forgiveness from him

that ه Hu sound just means "he" or "him". It even looks like the English word "He" so it is a good way of remembering it.

غفره

Inna انّ means Verily, indeed. And here the ه Hu sound pops up again. Inna'hu

Indeed he

كان This is bit of a funny word since it is kind of weird to translate. It means "was" but I think it is simply easier to translate it as "to be".

توّاب Tawwaaba, Like the word Tawba, you might have heard of that word.

Indeed he is to be accepting of Tawba (forgiveness)

[Indeed He is the one you turn to]

------

That concludes Surah Nasr.

We will be starting Surah Feel - in shaa Allah
    Last edited by Kiro; 06-10-19, 11:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kiro
    replied

Who exactly are your classes for? Just people who already know tajweed? Just wanted to know. I will be done in a few classes with tajweed but I suppose I'll just stick with my teacher
    Last edited by Kiro; 04-10-19, 11:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LailaTheMuslim
    replied
    Who exactly are your classes for? Just people who already know tajweed? Just wanted to know. I will be done in a few classes with tajweed but I suppose I'll just stick with my teacher

Leave a comment:

• Kiro
    replied
    Ok I'm up for it in sha Allah. I have a qur'an and tajweed teacher, but I can memorize ahead of her correcting my tajweed. Jazakallah khair
    If you have not learnt the foundation rules enough to correct both your major and minor mistakes then no. 

Leave a comment:

Working...
X