X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your only as good as your last salat?

Salaams peeps

So boxers say your only as good as your last fight

So it got me thinking are you only as good as your last salat? What you peeps think?

As in your only as good as it if you've prayed it and your not good at it if you've missed it

Wa'alaikumussalaam warahmatullah.

Not sure about that but...

"The first matter that the slave will be brought to account for on the Day of Judgment is the prayer. If it is sound, then the rest of his deeds will be sound. And if it is bad, then the rest of his deeds will be bad." [Recorded by al-Tabarani. According to al-Albani, it is sahih. Al-Albani, Sahih al-Jami, vol.1, p. 503.

The importance of the prayers lies in the fact that no matter what actions one performs in his life, the msot important aspect is one’s relationship to Allah, that is, one’s faith (imaan), God-consciousness (taqwa), sincerity (ikhlas) and worship of Allah (`ibaadah). This relationship with Allah is both demonstrated and put into practice, as well as improved and increased, by the prayer. Therefore, if the prayers are sound and proper, the rest of the deeds will be sound and proper; and if the prayers are not sound and proper, then the rest of the deeds will not be sound and proper, as the Prophet (peace be upon him) himself stated.

In reality, the prayer is performed properly – with true remembrance of Allah and turning to Him for forgiveness – it will have a lasting effect on the person. After he finishes the prayer, his heart will be filled with the remembrance of Allah. He will be fearful as well as hopeful of Allah. After that experience, he will not want to move from that lofty position to one wherein he disobeys Allah. Allah has mentioned this aspect of the prayer when He has said,

"Verily, the prayer keeps one from the great sins and evil deeds" (al-Ankaboot 45).
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH
    -------------------------------------

​​​​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali
      Wa'alaikumussalaam warahmatullah.

Not sure about that but...

"The first matter that the slave will be brought to account for on the Day of Judgment is the prayer. If it is sound, then the rest of his deeds will be sound. And if it is bad, then the rest of his deeds will be bad." [Recorded by al-Tabarani. According to al-Albani, it is sahih. Al-Albani, Sahih al-Jami, vol.1, p. 503.

The importance of the prayers lies in the fact that no matter what actions one performs in his life, the msot important aspect is oneÂ’s relationship to Allah, that is, oneÂ’s faith (imaan), God-consciousness (taqwa), sincerity (ikhlas) and worship of Allah (`ibaadah). This relationship with Allah is both demonstrated and put into practice, as well as improved and increased, by the prayer. Therefore, if the prayers are sound and proper, the rest of the deeds will be sound and proper; and if the prayers are not sound and proper, then the rest of the deeds will not be sound and proper, as the Prophet (peace be upon him) himself stated.

In reality, the prayer is performed properly – with true remembrance of Allah and turning to Him for forgiveness – it will have a lasting effect on the person. After he finishes the prayer, his heart will be filled with the remembrance of Allah. He will be fearful as well as hopeful of Allah. After that experience, he will not want to move from that lofty position to one wherein he disobeys Allah. Allah has mentioned this aspect of the prayer when He has said,

"Verily, the prayer keeps one from the great sins and evil deeds" (al-Ankaboot 45).
      Yea I totally agree with you with that what you've said

It just got me thinking about it

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post
        ..The importance of the prayers lies in the fact that no matter what actions one performs in his life, the most important aspect is one’s relationship to Allah, that is, one’s faith (imaan), God-consciousness (taqwa), sincerity (ikhlas) and worship of Allah (`ibaadah). This relationship with Allah is both demonstrated and put into practice, as well as improved and increased, by the prayer..
        Shukr-lillah walhamdullilah .. how fortunate we are to realise!
        May Allah SWT save us from losing our Iman .. Ameen
        He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters - Psalms (Zaboor of Dawood)

Comment

(Post #2 above was copy-pasted from elsewhere, of course, in case it wasn't obvious. Alhamdulillah. A good reminder.)
          LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH
          -------------------------------------

​​​​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Comment

I dont agree with op

Comment

Praying our Salah like it is our last is something that is encouraged severely and you can look up the evidences for this.In fact, you must pray as if it is your last and this was a good reminder as I had kind forgot this point.

Praying your last salat as if it was comes with knowledge and the more knowledgeble you are next time you go in to the salat and come out.

Which is why I highly stress on learning Arabic or the Arabic of this surat because whatever you learn there is a gateway of knowledge opening up.

The more benefit from knowledge whatever you learn such tafsir, hadith etc etc for when you become a better person and out of the salah you become an even better person for that is the concept.

Standing in prayer is like standing in front of Allah. So you should do good and choose your words carefully. And how it impacts you therein, thereafter.

https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Working...
              X