Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Ummah be active again? With reply post

Salaamu alaykum

i hope you all doing well, Its been a while since I last posted, you will most likely not remember me, Iíve noticed few things that have been changed in this forum that could have lead the forum being active you can no longer press reply to quote or reply to post, can we get this back please, this definitely was the reason I made an account because I wanted to reply to someone it was easier to

i miss the activeness of this forum, itís no longer on top of google pages like it used to be when I searched anything Islamic related
    ☝🏻️اللهمَّ لك الحمد حتى ترضى، ولك الحمد إذا رضيت، ولك الحمد بعد الرضا

Click on "Quote" on the bottom rigiht-hand side of the post you wish to reply to..
    ..then edit and/or reply to the post and click on "Post Reply"
    He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters - Psalms (Zaboor of Dawood)

Comment

Hmm we can quote people, and they will get a notification, is that what u mean sis?
      وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I hope so, but doubt it. There are plenty of things to discuss about whatís going on with Muslims around the world such as the suffering of Muslims in Yemen, China, Pakistan, Africa, and Palestine. Heck, so much could be said about Islamís number one enemy, Israel, yet it seems not many Muslims are interested in coming to this forum.

Maybe they're all busy on social media?

Comment

This forum is clunky, especially the mobile interface with slower than snail Javascript in use. And the text editor is another mess that likes to so kindly put its own opinion into my text. And it has a lot of restrictions that makes it less visible in a search engine which is a huge hindrance to growth. When is the last time you searched something in Google and was lead to this forum? Yeah... And no, it's not that it soesn't have the threads that people are looking for. In fact, this forum has so many threads about different subjects that it should be in the top results of almost every Google search about an Islamic topic. But it isn't. This site isn't crawler-friendly enough for them to show up.

"And behold! ye come to us bare and alone as We created you for the first time: ye have left behind you all which We bestowed on you..." - Al-An'am:94

Comment

This forum is clunky, especially the mobile interface with slower than snail Javascript in use. And the text editor is another mess that likes to so kindly put its own opinion into my text. And it has a lot of restrictions that makes it less visible in a search engine which is a huge hindrance to growth. When is the last time you searched something in Google and was lead to this forum? Yeah... And no, it's not that it soesn't have the threads that people are looking for. In fact, this forum has so many threads about different subjects that it should be in the top results of almost every Google search about an Islamic topic. But it isn't. This site isn't crawler-friendly enough for them to show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post
              Is this CELTA course practice?

"And behold! ye come to us bare and alone as We created you for the first time: ye have left behind you all which We bestowed on you..." - Al-An'am:94

Comment

Deleted.
                Last edited by oshirowanen; 15-11-19, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oshirowanen View Post
                  The community over at¬*https://www.reddit.com/r/islam¬*seems to be more active.
                  Too many modernists over there

Comment

Deleted.
                    Last edited by oshirowanen; 15-11-19, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oshirowanen View Post
                      Another one is https://www.reddit.com/r/islamicsub which makes ummah.com seem like a modern islamic group.
                      Saw a guy lashing out on a revert sister for a simple mistake with comments like "shut up", "you're a disgrace", "traitor" etc. Nice job that they're doing to drive people away from Islam.

Comment

I do not think so.
                        https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

I think there are possibly enough active users on UF at a time to make it active. But, sometimes people are not in the mood to talk perhaps, or may feel they don't have anything to contribute towards a thread.

UF: a-little-bit-of-Discussion Forum. :)

_______

Re: search engine results

It might depend on what one is searching?

Search Test just now:

time morning evening dhikr - UF came up 4th
                          sunnah fast mon thur - 6th
                          sunnah of eid - 8th

Interestingly:

marriage advice needed islam - UF didn't come up on 1st, 2nd or 3rd page.

However this:

marriage problems advice needed islam - UF came up 5th

marriage problems islam - 2nd
                          marriage problems help islam - 3rd

^ Maybe those are not a surprise as M section has collected a large quantity of posts over the years (and is known for people posting problems).

muslim issues discussion - 10th (1st page)

[Can't think of search term that might come 1st other than 'Ummah Forum'.]

To appear on 1st or 2nd page is not bad considering the amount of websites that are out there. Again it does really depend on what is being searched for and I agree lots of topics don't tend to appear, (but I do get UF results sometimes, on 1st page or 2nd.)

Also the ranking can change over some hours/minutes.

This, 'muslim issues discusson' - only after a few minutes is now 13th (2nd pg) from 10th (1st pg).

(I don't think I'm a nerd, stats can be interesting sometimes...Ö )

Comment

nah. I've never seen it this dead, and I joined in 2010.

was good here back in the day

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X