Moved home and regretting it now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moved home and regretting it now

Aslamualaikum. Alhamdulillah my wife and I found our new home and spent couple months doing it up and moved in over a week ago. As soon as we moved in, I felt very low mood, anxiety and a feeling of regret.

Starting getting aches in my joints. Went for blood test and iron levels were very low and been on medicine for few days now. But I am mentally struggling.

There is a motorway behind our garden and the noise is bothering me to a point where I'm considering moving again. Trying to wait it out at the moment.

Woke up yesterday morning upset that it wasn't all a dream and hoping I'd wake up in my old home.

I've heard about people going through a phase called buyers regret. Has anyone else been through similar after moving home?
    There is a clock on your forehead counting down to the time of your death. Only Allah knows how many seconds are left on it

Deleted.
    Last edited by oshirowanen; 15-11-19, 03:20 PM.

Comment

The motorway is 0.2 miles away and we have a line of tall trees between us. Also we're not secluded, but on a road with other homes nearby. Wife doesn't find it an issue.
      There is a clock on your forehead counting down to the time of your death. Only Allah knows how many seconds are left on it

Comment

Deleted.
        Last edited by oshirowanen; 15-11-19, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Try this amazing black seed oil, brother Believer1984 tipped me off to it. 

It has perfect reviews and the brother himself found much benefit in it

neelu I think you would benefit from it too

Here it is: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blessed-See.../dp/B01AC9LP7K

Also brother recite surah baqarah, falaq and nas frequently in ur home, to ward off any ayn or jinns. Just in case this issue is related to evil eye etc.
          وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Wa 'alaikum assalam,

If you're not already then please do recite Surah Baqarah in your home.

"Do not turn your houses into graves. Verily, Satan flees from the house in which is recited the chapter of the cow (surah al-baqarah)." [Sahih Muslim]

"Whoever recites Al-Baqarah at night in his house, then Shaytan will not enter that house for three nights. Whoever recites it during a day in his house, then Shaytan will not enter that house for three days." [At-Tabarani, Ibn Hibban in his Sahih and Ibn Marduwyah]

_______

I know of someone who, for work, entered a building that was empty for YEARS and Allah knows best if it's related (as they already weren't looking after themselves/eating properly cos of studying and working) and soon after entering that place they became really ill, even went into feeling depressed. They were very emotional, anxious and scared a lot. They would also have sudden panic attacks and difficulty with breathing and, a number of times, thought they would die. It was a very hard time for their family.

Before entering that place, with the stress of work they, sadly, weren't paying attention to worship and being regular with reciting Qur'an. They were advised by close family to seek healing with being regular on Qur'an.

Alhamdulillah they are better now, and this lead them to realise the importance of Qur'an in their daily life.

_______

Not trying to worry you, it's just a reminder in case it may help you or anyone else. It's not to worry about, in sha Allah, Alhamdulillah there is protection from such.

If you are already on it (reciting Surah Baqarah regularly) then perhaps it's just about the newness/the noise? Allahu a'lam.

May Allah bless and protect you, your family and your home, ameen.

Edit: Just noticed Sis Laila already mentioned about Surah Baqarah.
            Last edited by Rahma.; 05-08-19, 02:07 PM. Reason: -

Comment

Originally posted by Rahma. View Post

Wa 'alaikum assalam,

If you're not already then please do recite Surah Baqarah in your home.

"Do not turn your houses into graves. Verily, Satan flees from the house in which is recited the chapter of the cow (surah al-baqarah)." [Sahih Muslim]

"Whoever recites Al-Baqarah at night in his house, then Shaytan will not enter that house for three nights. Whoever recites it during a day in his house, then Shaytan will not enter that house for three days." [At-Tabarani, Ibn Hibban in his Sahih and Ibn Marduwyah]

_______

I know of someone who, for work, entered a building that was empty for YEARS and Allah knows best if it's related (as they already weren't looking after themselves/eating properly cos of studying and working) and soon after entering that place they became really ill, even went into feeling depressed. They were very emotional, anxious and scared a lot. They would also have sudden panic attacks and difficulty with breathing and, a number of times, thought they would die. It was a very hard time for their family.

Before entering that place, with the stress of work they, sadly, weren't paying attention to worship and being regular with reciting Qur'an. They were advised by close family to seek healing with being regular on Qur'an.

Alhamdulillah they are better now, and this lead them to realise the importance of Qur'an in their daily life.

_______

Not trying to worry you, it's just a reminder in case it may help you or anyone else. It's not to worry about, in sha Allah, Alhamdulillah there is protection from such.

If you are already on it (reciting Surah Baqarah regularly) then perhaps it's just about the newness/the noise? Allahu a'lam.

May Allah bless and protect you, your family and your home, ameen.

Edit:¬*Just noticed Sis Laila already mentioned about Surah Baqarah.
              Sis, can we read like 20-40 ayats of surah baqarah, do you think it will still have a protecting effect against ayn/sihr etc. I ask only cos I can't do more than that sadly atm.

Also, can I ask what that person tried first to get better, was it ruqya, morning adhkar or just reading surah baqarah?

Jazakallah khair sister. I ask Allah to put lots of nur and blessings in all ur lives ameen.
              وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

Sis, can we read like 20-40 ayats of surah baqarah, do you think it will still have a protecting effect against ayn/sihr etc. I ask only cos I can't do more than that sadly atm.

Also, can I ask what that person tried first to get better, was it ruqya, morning adhkar or just reading surah baqarah?

Jazakallah khair sister. I ask Allah to put lots of nur and blessings in all ur lives ameen.

Sorry sis I don't know. I hope it will help as it is Allah's Book.

Maybe you could ask someone knowledgeable on it.
                You know of Abu Ibraheem? He takes questions on WhatsApp (I think). He's on social media, there are people who follow him who know his number, perhaps you could get hold of it by asking him or his followers, in sha Allah.

All I found on it is this by that brother^:

"Recite Surat Al Baqarah in your home at least once every 3 days. This can be done in a number of ways. You can either recite it in one go and then recite it again after three days or you can split the recitation over three days to make it easier for yourself."

I'm not exactly sure about the order of what they did. Alhamdulillah they left work for a bit, and didn't return to full time work, and paid attention to worship, prayers and Qur'an. I know they regularly read Al-Rahman, last 2 Ayat of Baqarah, Ayatul Kursi, the Quls and other short Surahs etc, morning/evening Adhkar. They did do/probably still do Ruqya. They told me they couldn't read Baqarah all in a day as well, but did/do what they could/can and finish it. Alhamdulillah. Allahumma barik.

Even little steps help, alhamdulillah. Allah is Merciful after all. :)

Ameen to your lovely Du'a. And may Allah make things easy for you sis, relieve you of your worries, reward and increase you in good, and your family, ameen. :)

Comment

Try this amazing black seed oil, brother Believer1984 tipped me off to it.¬*

Here it is:¬*https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blessed-See.../dp/B01AC9LP7K

Also brother recite surah baqarah, falaq and nas frequently in ur home, to ward off any ayn or jinns. Just in case this issue is related to evil eye etc.
                  Alhumdulillah I am thankful to Allah swt it helping some with my mental health. Take 1tb spoon after fajr and have faith you will get good change. Insha Allah.
                  Jazak Allah Khair For All Your Duas.

Comment

Jazakillah khayr I've saved the link.

I eat black seeds regularly and use the oil for massage sometimes when I have aches and pains but don't really drink the oil. It's a bit strong I think.

The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Where you moved to... still local?

Comment

Ordered this now. Its been a while since I've had black seed oil. Also we've been playing surah bakara daily since we've moved in.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                          Where you moved to... still local?
                          Yeah still in Birmingham. Just 10 minutes away from parents and rest of family.

Comment

Originally posted by cuezed View Post
                            Aslamualaikum. Alhamdulillah my wife and I found our new home and spent couple months doing it up and moved in over a week ago. As soon as we moved in, I felt very low mood, anxiety and a feeling of regret.

Starting getting aches in my joints. Went for blood test and iron levels were very low and been on medicine for few days now. But I am mentally struggling.

There is a motorway behind our garden and the noise is bothering me to a point where I'm considering moving again. Trying to wait it out at the moment.

Woke up yesterday morning upset that it wasn't all a dream and hoping I'd wake up in my old home.

I've heard about people going through a phase called buyers regret. Has anyone else been through similar after moving home?
                            Walaikum asalaam wa rahmatullah

May Allah swt bless your new home and hope you find peace there. Ameen.

As others have suggested make sure you read Quran in your home.

The noise is new to you but you should get used to it or it will get to a stage where it will not bother you anymore inshaAllah. I know someone who had a railway line near their back garden and everytime a train went by they found the noise annoying at first. They got used to it and even though they still can hear when the train passes it does not bother them anymore.

It could also be purely coincindental that your iron levels were low and with all the work renovating/moving etc just made it worse. Alhumdulillah though it is getter better.

If you were quite attached ti your old home with lots of memories then it is understandable that you would miss your old home.

Thank Allah swt you have somewhere to live, we see images of the conditions these refugees live in and that is also a reminder to myself to be grateful for what I have. InshaAllah you will get used to the place.

Comment

Were you living with parents and family before ? If so its normal to miss them a bit while you adjust

Chin up
                              The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
                              ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

Working...
                              X