Do you pray Qiyam Al layl?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you pray Qiyam Al layl?

What changes how you experienced since you began praying Qiyam Alal?

If you don't normally pray it, have you thought about praying it?

I doubt most if any would come out and confess they do. It will seem like showing off. And those who don't would be ashamed to admit so.

'' WE LIVE IN AN INTERESTING TIME, WHERE THE 'ILM (KNOWLEDGE) OF A PERSON IS JUDGED BY HOW FAMOUS THE PERSON IS.''

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with sharing our experiences in this journey. I'd like to see life changing stories. It's helps to inspire me.

Comment

I do not think you will get varying answers. The main answer you will get is of those who feel serenity and feel more focused towards the Hereafter.

Sheikh Omar Suleiman has an excellent series regarding Qiyaamul layl/Tahajjud

Although to probably taste the sweetness of the standing, you should know more Qu'ran and keep increasing alongwith your tajweed/elocution (proper pronunciation/flow). Memorise the meaning of each individual word and learn some basic Arabic grammar.

To have solitude, to be able to pray to your creator when half the world has gone to sleep.

Since you are asking, I will share my small minute experiences.

I have not had my own room for about 2 years really, I sleep in the same room as my parents. I find it difficult to have solitude and pray nor do I want to pray in the living room.

But when I was able to, I feel like I was working towards something as a Muslim. That I was fulfilling a purpose. Working towards the hereafter and praying to God.

In the meanwhile while I wait for the time I am able to, I will continue to increase to increase in my Qu'ran and in my Arabic. Trying to memorize Surah Khaf and I want to memorise many surahs that are 30 ayat. The medium surahs that can be 15 - 40+ ayat.
        Last edited by Kiro; 01-08-19, 10:32 AM.
        I am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

I recently, like a month ago did at least 2 rakat tahajjud after isha before sleeping. It has obvious benefits for sure.

In that period my duas were more accepted, I had a deeper relationship with the Qur'an and felt much closer to Allah than now.

I of course recommend you guys to take it up, I will too again in sha Allah
          وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

No. I've always wanted to be that person who does all of this but I never feel like my life is 'perfect enough' to start. Which sounds dumb. Because it's not about that.

Comment

Originally posted by usernametaken View Post
              No. I've always wanted to be that person who does all of this but I never feel like my life is 'perfect enough' to start. Which sounds dumb. Because it's not about that.
              Allah will help u sooo much with life if you do tahajjud sis. Tahajjud is like a rescue for broken hearted, lost but also people just wanting to improve in general.

In sha Allah just try to start off with two rakats after isha. Make lots of dua in its sujood. The outcomes will amaze you, and I'm someone who has a lot of self-doubt and always need to improve my iman.

You can do it immediately after isha too if you're too tired to wake up for it before fajr.
              وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

Allah will help u sooo much with life if you do tahajjud sis. Tahajjud is like a rescue for broken hearted, lost but also people just wanting to improve in general.

In sha Allah just try to start off with two rakats after isha. Make lots of dua in its sujood. The outcomes will amaze you, and I'm someone who has a lot of self-doubt and always need to improve my iman.

You can do it immediately after isha too if you're too tired to wake up for it before fajr.
                Insha Allah I will try it. I always hear of amazing things about it like how it has a big impact on peoples lives who do try it. I've tried to pray it after isha in the past a couple of times but it felt half hearted and that's why I feel like waking up to pray it would be better for me, such as before fajr. Jazak Allah khair. Some of us need it lol.

Comment

Editing answer to a more positive one, insha Allah. May Allah allow us to improve- Ameen
                  Last edited by usernametaken; 02-08-19, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiro View Post
                    I do not think you will get varying answers. The main answer you will get is of those who feel serenity and feel more focused towards the Hereafter.

Sheikh Omar Suleiman has an excellent series regarding Qiyaamul layl/Tahajjud

Although to probably taste the sweetness of the standing, you should know more Qu'ran and keep increasing alongwith your tajweed/elocution (proper pronunciation/flow). Memorise the meaning of each individual word and learn some basic Arabic grammar.

To have solitude, to be able to pray to your creator when half the world has gone to sleep.

Since you are asking, I will share my small minute experiences.

I have not had my own room for about 2 years really, I sleep in the same room as my parents. I find it difficult to have solitude and pray nor do I want to pray in the living room.

But when I was able to, I feel like I was working towards something as a Muslim. That I was fulfilling a purpose. Working towards the hereafter and praying to God.

In the meanwhile while I wait for the time I am able to, I will continue to increase to increase in my Qu'ran and in my Arabic. Trying to memorize Surah Khaf and I want to memorise many surahs that are 30 ayat. The medium surahs that can be 15 - 40+ ayat.
                    Son.

You have truly matured over the years under Sons' guidance.

We shall credit Link for this.

Comment

These 10 days/nights of dhul hijjah are another opportunity we can use to pray qiyyamul layl.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Abdur_Rahman View Post

Son.

You have truly matured over the years under Sons' guidance.

We shall credit Link for this.
                        I am just a simple nomad that joined the Sons Guild.

I am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

YaEnSdNbOuWtEaSlHlOtUrLyD
                          LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH
                          -------------------------------------

​​​​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post
                            YaEnSdNbOuWtEaSlHlOtUrLyD
                            YaOk.¬*

¬*

Comment

May Allah make us easy for me to pray Tahajuud. I feel so sad I keep missing it. Even when I tell myself I will wake up, I end up sleeping through it.

Can anyone share some advice on disciplining ones self to wake up for tahajuud?

Comment

Working...
                              X