It takes an arrogant person to accuse another of arrogance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It takes an arrogant person to accuse another of arrogance

My view: by accusing a person of being arrogant, you thereby deny this trait of your own person, whether you realise it or not. When you tell somebody they are arrogant, perhaps you think within yourself, you are not like them. So you must then think of yourself as being better than them, because they are arrogant and you are not. This is arrogance too.

I think almost everybody (except for the very, very few individuals who are truly conscious of Allah) are arrogant, just in different ways and forms.¬*

I am too lazy to expand upon the above. But I think it.¬*

I disagree. One may call out another's arrogance without it being a reflection on their own personality.

For example, we can call out oppressive arrogance that some politicians have just by reading about their dictatorial behaviour from the news. We are not like them at all.
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Although, most often that might be the case, it doesn't imply that is necessarily the case.

Arrogance is present in every being indeed, but when someone describes someone else as arrogant, it means that he is above the ignorable threshold.

Arrogance varries with person. When it reaches it's peak, you even deny there being a power above you. When you go in the opposite direction, it indicates submission. Submitting and accepting that there is power above you. And submission is Islam.

When you look at this life from a neutral standpoint, you will see that arrogance factors into every decision you make. Every tests and trials, ultimately tests your arrogance.
      Last edited by notEVOLVED; 29-07-19, 06:49 AM.

"And behold! ye come to us bare and alone as We created you for the first time: ye have left behind you all which We bestowed on you..." - Al-An'am:94

Comment

No
        What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked Allah for yesterday?

We worry about tomorrow as if its guaranteed

Comment

Not at all ...
          https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

It's a no from me..
            Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
              No
              One pealed kiwi, coarsely chopped.

Comment

ermm no

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post

One pealed kiwi, coarsely chopped.
                  *peeled
                  What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked Allah for yesterday?

We worry about tomorrow as if its guaranteed

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
                    ermm no
                    Errrrrrrrrrrrrrm yes. It is possible.

Person A calls Person B arrogant, thinking they are free of it and they feel good about it. That is arrogance in itself.

Most people are. That is my view.

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm not always though.¬*

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

*peeled
                      Right. I do know the difference between peel and peal. So why did I right pealed? Hmmmm.¬*

Comment

Person A calls Person B arrogant, thinking they are free of it and they feel good about it. That is arrogance in itself.

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm not always though.¬*
                        What if the accuser has observed arrogant behaviour from the accused towards a third party and simply recognises it as being arrogance.
                        LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH
                        -------------------------------------

​​​​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm not always though.√ā*
                          What if the accuser has observed arrogant behaviour from the accused towards a third party and simply recognises it as being arrogance.
                          Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post

Ah! Here we have a different situation Sir Fakhri. This is different.

In truth, the situation really is as the unevolved one described it. It can be, but need not be. But I think we are all arrogant in some form, without realising it.

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

Exactly
                              Errrrrrrrm tru say.

Agree to disagree.

People are different.

Comment

Working...
                              X