Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling for Islamic Youth Activity Ideas

Assalamu'alaikum,

School is starting up again next week, hence our weekly student Muslim Group will as well. So I need ideas for what we can do as I am the co-leader and the unofficial idea producer (that has somewhat now run out of ideas sadly).

Our meetings last around 45-ish minutes and the activities need to be done during this time (preferably). So I need some short term or even long term activities for us to do. Our group helped raise funds for the Christchurch Shooting (may Allah send all those Shaheed to Jannat) by doing a mufti (no uniform) day, but I think that was a one-off thing, so maybe avoid fundraising.

Any ideas simple or extravagant, small or large are welcome.
    Please help.

Jazak Allah Khair.
    الْحَمْد لله

Food stalls,
    Activities for kids ie bouncy castle face paiting etc
    football, basket ball and all other sports (for female indoors)
    martial arts
    islamic classes like learning arabic or lectures on seerah

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
      Food stalls,
      Activities for kids ie bouncy castle face paiting etc
      football, basket ball and all other sports (for female indoors)
      martial arts
      islamic classes like learning arabic or lectures on seerah
      Brother these activities are good but, the members are teens as this is a high school group (with lunchtime meetings) so I dont think that bouncy castles will work??
      But nonetheless, your ideas about sports and Islamic lessons (we recently did a lesson on Tahajjud and Nafl prayers) are quite good alhamdulillah.

Jazak Allah Khair on your input.
      الْحَمْد لله

Comment

Wa alaykum salaam
        you can hold an Islamic quiz¬*
        you can hold bite size sessions on the prophets - each week choose a prophet and tell his story with a q and a at the end¬*
        depending on the equipment you have, maybe go through a YouTube series each week¬*
        hold a competition like getting everyone to write a piece on their favourite Islamic personality and then getting everyone to present their pieces¬*
        hold a qiraat competition (im not sure if your group is mixed? Obv if itís mixed then donít do this)
        https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
          Wa alaykum salaam
          you can hold an Islamic quiz¬*
          you can hold bite size sessions on the prophets - each week choose a prophet and tell his story with a q and a at the end¬*
          depending on the equipment you have, maybe go through a YouTube series each week¬*
          hold a competition like getting everyone to write a piece on their favourite Islamic personality and then getting everyone to present their pieces¬*
          hold a qiraat competition (im not sure if your group is mixed? Obv if itís mixed then donít do this)
          Jazak Allah Khair sister. These are amazing ideas...I will probably hold the Prophet q&a next week Insha Allah. I'll also ask our teacher in charge about the writing competition as well. Yeah our group is mixed so we can't do the last one.

Jazak Allah sis for your ideas. Much appreciated.
          الْحَمْد لله

Comment

Originally posted by Zainab View Post

Jazak Allah Khair sister. These are amazing ideas...I will probably hold the Prophet q&a next week Insha Allah. I'll also ask our teacher in charge about the writing competition as well. Yeah our group is mixed so we can't do the last one.

Jazak Allah sis for your ideas. Much appreciated.
            Wa iyyaki sis May Allah reward you with goodness for your efforts & May your group be a success¬*
            https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zainab View Post

Brother these activities are good but, the members are teens as this is a high school group (with lunchtime meetings) so I dont think that bouncy castles will work??
              But nonetheless, your ideas about sports and Islamic lessons (we recently did a lesson on Tahajjud and Nafl prayers) are quite good alhamdulillah.

Jazak Allah Khair on your input.
              Oh ok i get it now

well you could do stories of the prophets
              seerah of Muhammed صلي الله عليه وسلم
              stories of sahaba
              fiqh lessons
              aqeedah lessons
              or hadith
              You can go through small concise books with explanations in them for each islamic science

you could do tafsir in english there is ibn kathir , as sa'di, jalalayn

you could do islamic history

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

Oh ok i get it now

well you could do stories of the prophets
                seerah of Muhammed صلي الله عليه وسلم
                stories of sahaba
                fiqh lessons
                aqeedah lessons
                or hadith
                You can go through small concise books with explanations in them for each islamic science

you could do tafsir in english there is ibn kathir , as sa'di, jalalayn

you could do islamic history
                Alhamdulillah these ideas are much better, and will actually be useful lessons for us teenagers as we live in a western world full of bad influences & influencers, and this might be a way for them to actually get interested in following our Islamic deen .

Jazak Allah brother for sharing.
                May Allah reward you abundantly (Aameen).
                الْحَمْد لله

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

Wa iyyaki sis May Allah reward you with goodness for your efforts & May your group be a success¬*
                  Aameen (for both things) sis. Jazak Allah Khair for your ideas and duaas.

May Allah (SWT) also reward your efforts in helping me and others on this forum.
                  الْحَمْد لله

Comment

Here is a simple solution, if they are boys

Give them a Bokken and some protective armour

And let themselves whack each other
                    I am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Originally posted by Kiro View Post
                      Here is a simple solution, if they are boys

Give them a Bokken and some protective armour

And let themselves whack each other