What do you want to be known for

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you want to be known for

If you were pass away, what do you want to be known by and what legacy would you want to leave?
    I am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
      Nothing.
      Ok Mr Nothing bhai.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

I'm going to be lazy and instead of searching online I'll ask here

Someone said that if the world doesn't weep for you when you die, then heaven will not be waiting to open its door for you

i would not have cared but after seeing the death of others and watching how people reacted to those deaths, it has made me think about myself

No one will remember me except my parents and maybe my siblings

Everyone is busy with life and even my family are unlikely to make dua for me

I haven't done anything to leave behind or make people remember me

I don't even know many people that will care if I die or not and that includes relatives

They're definitely not going to make dua for me lol

So the only thing I can leave behind is good character

​​​​​​That can be seen as a legacy

I don't have that either because I'm impatient, stubborn and I don't like letting others say whatever while they are in the wrong.

Not everyone will know if I'm dead

Lol

​​​​​Once you're dead, people forget unfortunately
        ​​​​​​
        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Usually when something passes

Away

People make comment about how that person was

​​​So and so was so kind blah blah

I don't know how I'll be remembered
          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

I don't have time to think about legacies.
            my daily routine is a shambles.
            but i do think i have become the worst-er version of myself so if i die people will have no choice but to react as things are, which is that i am distant.

Comment

I hope that my best deeds are towards the end of my life. I pray that I can leave behind Sadaqa jaariyah, I pray that I can raise righteous children who will pray for me after & im gone & I hope that there’s some knowledge somewhere which I shared which continues to help people

these things will allow me to gain ajr even if I’m gone. I don’t really want to be known for anything but if I accomplish these three things then alhumdulillah
              https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

Away

What if it was a particular skill. Imagine people remembered because of a particular attribute

nonetheless try have high aspirations

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
                  I hope that my best deeds are towards the end of my life. I pray that I can leave behind Sadaqa jaariyah, I pray that I can raise righteous children who will pray for me after & im gone & I hope that there’s some knowledge somewhere which I shared which continues to help people

these things will allow me to gain ajr even if I’m gone. I don’t really want to be known for anything but if I accomplish these three things then alhumdulillah
                  Even teaching children wudhu would be a major blessing and the Faatiha. For every act and chain would be a reward for you.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Originally posted by Kiro View Post

Even teaching children wudhu would be a major blessing and the Faatiha. For every act and chain would be a reward for you.
                    Indeed, imagine the ajr you would get if you teach your child Fatiha and they then pass it on to their children who pass it on to their children and so on. Subhanallah
                    https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

Away

Im sure people will make duaa for you

anyway just seek knowledge and spread it

and do sadaqah jaariya like paying gor building wells, food for poor, making masjids and paying for islamic studies and housimg the people that get to use it will make duaa for you

Comment

Ok Mr Nothing bhai.
                        The person that does something for the sake of Allah only to gain recognition from Allah and not anyone else has the highest reward

Comment

What would it be better to be known by the world religiously or by something related to the Dunya?

The think it is a good question because if it it was religiously then people might over praise you but if you were known by a particular skill then you might be able to live a more humble like away from peoples minds though less people are likely to make dua for you.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

The person that does something for the sake of Allah only to gain recognition from Allah and not anyone else has the highest reward
                            Of course but I want to see ambition. Also it doesn't have to be a religious act could also be something you are good or would like to be good.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Of course but I want to see ambition. Also it doesn't have to be a religious act could also be something you are good or would like to be good.
                              You should make that clear then

Comment

Working...
                              X