Khutbah gems/tidbits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khutbah gems/tidbits

What is something interesting you heard during the Khutbah today?
    مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
    It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
    Surah al-Baqarah
    [2:245]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

...said the spider to the fly...

Well nothing particularly interesting today, but more of a necessary reminder which was that the longer days in the summer enable us to pray in the mosque (because during the winter we are at work) so we should.Â*

But last week something very interesting was mentioned. The imaam mentioned a Muslim woman (a sister, as you people would say) he observed crying nearing the end of Ramadaan, and the cause of her grief was that Ramadaan was nigh at a conclusion; her husband would consistently complain about everything: the food she cooks, the amount of salt it contains - it takes but a mere trifle to displease him. Yet, during Ramadaan, he never complains, and so that is why she was sad, because she knew with the cessation of the month will return his ill temper.

And the imaam made a point we all are aware of, which was that we behave perfectly during that month, but fail to continue to do so after Ramadaan. Yes, obvious, but it was how he expressed it: whilst we are used to the term “Ramadaan Muslims”, he offered a different perspective. He said, such people worship the month of Ramadaan and not Allah. Because the month is temporary and ends after 29/30 days, but Allah is eternal and whoever worships the month of Ramadaan, worships during that month but, whoever worships Allah, continues in his worship, even after Ramadaan.

I wanted to refute the imaam by pointing out that outside of Ramadaan, shaytaan is free to whisper to our hearts, but I realised what a feeble excuse that would be for, we cannot blame shaytaan for our wrongdoings. So I remained silent and acknowledged the sad truth, that I am a Ramadaan Muslim. May Allah improve me.Â*

Comment

All in Urdu. Unfortunately.
      Reminder of the virtues of reciting Surah Yaa Seen, Suratul Mulk...Other than that he was narrating an incident in relation to Surah Yaseen for a while but I couldn't make much out. Usually with the quotes of aayaat and ahadith in Arabic, there's a way to get some idea. Sometimes these khutbas feel like travelling in a desert, waiting for a few drops of rain or a stop at a water well somewhere.

No rain and no wells today.
      LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH
      -------------------------------------

​​​​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
        What is something interesting you heard during the Khutbah today?
        OP, It is good etiquette to mention yours first.
        I am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post
          All in Urdu. Unfortunately.
          Reminder of the virtues of reciting Surah Yaa Seen, Suratul Mulk...Other than that he was narrating an incident in relation to Surah Yaseen for a while but I couldn't make much out. Usually with the quotes of aayaat and ahadith in Arabic, there's a way to get some idea. Sometimes these khutbas feel like travelling in a desert, waiting for a few drops of rain or a stop at a water well somewhere.

No rain and no wells today.
          Tu parli Urdu? Non parlo urdu, ma parlo inglese e Bingali.Â*

Comment

Originally posted by Kiro View Post

OP, It is good etiquette to mention yours first.
            There was a Khutbah many moons ago (in Ramadan) where the Imam spoke about how knowing your neighbours is important and something that is a must in Islam, but how many people here know the neighbours of the masjid? And I was thinking about it, because despite going to my masjid for years I don't really know people who live near it. I remember when the New Zealand shooting happened and the non Muslim neighbours of the masjids came to show their support and create signs saying, "You're not alone."

It just made me really think about community and how I'm lacking it and should do more.
            مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
            It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
            Surah al-Baqarah
            [2:245]

.:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
            Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

I will share something my own masjid.

A small snippet on the importance of will power. No matter is happening, if you are struggling with something, you can change it. :)

-------------

I also like hearing Lectures on Jannah. There was a talk on what you get in the lowest level. And the moral is we should aspire higher because above that is even higher than that.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Here is a gem

We need to become outstanding community members by educating young Muslim Children with proper love for the religion and for them not go into the wrong crowd.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Working...
                X