Fathers’ Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fathers’ Day

Indeed it was yesterday. Yet, nobody made a thread about it.

Islam teaches us the worth of a mother, and so we are more attentive of our mothers: we dote upon our mothers with gifts and liberal expressions of affection, but do not omit appreciation of a fatherís love; one day death will steal upon him, and you will be robbed of the one who willingly sacrificed his own pleasures to provide for you.

Your mother remained with you at home while you were a child, but do you suppose it was easy for your father to abandon you every day, that he might go to work? And were it not for a desire to provide for you, he surely would rather have remained home too, in your company. So that is the sacrifice that he made.

You should not contradict your father.

A child has a right to grow up with a mother and a father. And both are important to a proper upbringing.

My children made a home-made card. Beats any card purchased from shops.

Comment

I don't remember there being fathers day when I was a child. In school we used to make mothers day card but never once did we make a fathers day card.

Comment

Never mind Fathers' day... What about Grandads' day? And Grandmas' day? And Uncles' day and Aunties' day? And how can we forget 'sasar goror bonir goror battizar goror halar goror nathir goror taloi's day...?

The injustice of it. :|
        LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH
        -------------------------------------

​​​​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Comment

Originally posted by Mintchocchip View Post
          I don't remember there being fathers day when I was a child. In school we used to make mothers day card but never once did we make a fathers day card.
          ¬*
          Well, that is just sexism. If my school did that, I would have had my father sue them for discrimination.

Comment

I feel sorry for the kids who must make two cards on mothersí day or fathersí day. Must be a lot of work and trouble.

No child should have to make two cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Mintchocchip View Post
              ¬*
              Now that you mention it... I don't remember making a Father's Day card either. 

My son was complaining why there is no "Children's Day" lol. And how everyone should be buying *him* presents. 

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post

Islam teaches us the worth of a mother, and so we are more attentive of our mothers: we dote upon our mothers with gifts and liberal expressions of affection, but do not omit appreciation of a fatherís love; one day death will steal upon him, and you will be robbed of the one who willingly sacrificed his own pleasures to provide for you.

Your mother remained with you at home while you were a child, but do you suppose it was easy for your father to abandon you every day, that he might go to work? And were it not for a desire to provide for you, he surely would rather have remained home too, in your company. So that is the sacrifice that he made.

A child has a right to grow up with a mother and a father. And both are important to a proper upbringing.
                Morose. Fathers day is every day. =)
                https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Originally posted by Kiro View Post

Morose. Fathers day is every day. =)
                  It canít be: wouldnít that just then make it everyday?¬†

Comment

Promoting another Biddah,

Typical of ummah forums jesters who don't seem to learn anything.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/islamqa.../answers/59905

Brothers and sisters Fathers Day and Mothers Day are both Biddah that we Muslims have nothing to do with, Fear Allah سبحانه وتعالى and avoid them.

جزاك الله خيرا
                    Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 20-06-19, 08:37 PM.
                    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Ė Imam al-Shafiíi (Rahimahullah)

Comment

It canít be: wouldnít that just then make it everyday?¬*
                      Yes. Indeed. Rejoice. 
                      https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

Brothers and sisters Fathers Day and Mothers Day are both Biddah that we Muslims have nothing to do with, Fear Allah سبحانه وتعالى and avoid them.

جزاك الله خيرا
                        Akhi, fathersí day is the one day in the year that we are allowed to show appreciation for our fathers. Secular law forbids us from appreciating them the rest of the year.¬*

So wont you take advantage of this one day to appreciate your father?

Napaki secular laws akhi,

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

جزاك الله خيرا
                          Rather radical in my opinion. Mother's Day and Father's Day are methods of thanking parents. It brings families closer together.

Comment

I feel sorry for the kids who must make two cards on mothersí day or fathersí day. Must be a lot of work and trouble.

No child should have to make two cards.
                            On the contrary. The kids enjoy making cards

Comment

Originally posted by lunar View Post

Rather radical in my opinion. Mother's Day and Father's Day are methods of thanking parents. It brings families closer together.
                              Only a Coconut or a Deviant who believes its "Radical" to follow the Qur'an and Sunnah.

thankfully your opinion is irrelevant, we follow the Qur'an and Sunnah and advise others to do so, you carry on enjoining evil, you will have to answer to Allah عز و جل for it eventually.
                              http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Ė Imam al-Shafiíi (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Working...
                              X