Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has life turned out the way you expected?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simply_Logical
    started a topic has life turned out the way you expected?

has life turned out the way you expected?

Salaams peeps, so I was wondering has life turned out the way you expected?

It certainly hasn't for me, I don't really know what I expected it to be like but I suppose it's qadr Allah

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    Good things have happened to me and bad things have happened to me. The way I planned life to be didnt exactly go 100% the way I wanted it to, but Allah is al Hakeem and knows best and chose an alternate path for me that alhamdullilah was better than I ever expected or planned. Alhamdullilah I have food, sheltor, clothes, family and imaan so alhamdullilah ala kulli haal.

throughout my time here I have seen alot of people who have gone through major struggles or problems and issues. Reading some of them stressed me out and it was all I could think about for a while. But this life is temporary and for the believers who love Allah, tawheed and hate shirk, jannah is for eternity.

I will in sha Allah remember the people struggling here in my duas

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    No

I have faith in Allah and by his Mercy and grace my duas will not go unheard because he the Almighty has said that when his servant calls on him he runs to his servant

So I will continue to plead to Allah for ease, peace, contentment, eternal happiness

Forgiveness for all the wrong I have done and ofcourse justice on the day of judgement

Leave a comment:

• islamlife00
    replied
    Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

My apologies sister Barak Allah fikki

Alhamdulilah you found Islam may Allah bless you through it and the ummah through you
    Ameen. May Allah bless you through Islam and the ummah through you as well

Leave a comment:

• eesa the kiwi
    replied
    Originally posted by islamlife00 View Post

wa alaykumassalaam I am a sister. It was a lecture on YT
    My apologies sister Barak Allah fikki

Alhamdulilah you found Islam may Allah bless you through it and the ummah through you

Leave a comment:

• islamlife00
    replied

Asalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatu brother

How did you come to find Islam?
    wa alaykumassalaam I am a sister. It was a lecture on YT

Leave a comment:

• eesa the kiwi
    replied
    Originally posted by islamlife00 View Post
    When I accepted Islam, all I wanted is peace, knowing that I have found the truth and accept it. I didn't expect anything other than that, yet Allah has changed much of my life to better than before Alhamdulillah There is one area I am still lacking, but Allah knows what is best for me.
    Asalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatu brother

How did you come to find Islam?

Leave a comment:

• islamlife00
    replied
    When I accepted Islam, all I wanted is peace, knowing that I have found the truth and accept it. I didn't expect anything other than that, yet Allah has changed much of my life to better than before Alhamdulillah There is one area I am still lacking, but Allah knows what is best for me.

Leave a comment:

• Kiro
    replied
    Don't think too much. Live simply and humbly.

I am reminded of ayah 2 surahtul mulk

Leave a comment:

• eesa the kiwi
    replied
    Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

Subhanallah, your post really made me think

When I was 18 I would never ever have thought that I would come to Islam. I’m ‘born’ Muslim but my family are completely not practising & i was never taught about religion at all. I actually used to feel sorry for Muslims thinking wow they have to cover, have to pray 5x a day how difficult etc

Then at 19, Allah guided me & ive never looked back alhamdulillah. I remember when I used to see friends from jahilliyah they would think me practising Islam was just a phase & they would wonder how long I’d keep it up for. I had everything going for me since coming to Islam (got a very well paid job at 19 just months after coming to Islam) graduated from a good uni at 21, married at 21, child at 24 but then things started to go downhill Qadr allah

subhnallah, I honestly never would have thought that I would one day practise Islam and especially so at such a young age. The thought of putting a hijab on or even praying would scare me & religion was never on my mind

Its so easy to be negative & to think rahh I can’t believe x y and z happened, I didn’t expect that, but I need to constantly remind myself of where I would have been if I was not guided towards Islam. Subhanallah
    Barak Allah fikki sister may Allah bless you

Leave a comment:

• Layla_
    replied
    Completely unexpected

I never had the slightest clue I'd convert to Islam basically all I knew about Islam that muslims prayed with their heads on the ground I didn't even know what halal meant even though I'd see it on food

Dunya wise life has been a bit of a struggle so didnt expect that but then again I figured I'd be dead at 27 from an od or something so cant complain on that front

so yeah life has been unexpected. Worse than I expected in someways but also at the same time better than what I expected finding purpose and peace and contentment

Wa lilahil hamd
    Subhanallah, your post really made me think

When I was 18 I would never ever have thought that I would come to Islam. I’m ‘born’ Muslim but my family are completely not practising & i was never taught about religion at all. I actually used to feel sorry for Muslims thinking wow they have to cover, have to pray 5x a day how difficult etc

Then at 19, Allah guided me & ive never looked back alhamdulillah. I remember when I used to see friends from jahilliyah they would think me practising Islam was just a phase & they would wonder how long I’d keep it up for. I had everything going for me since coming to Islam (got a very well paid job at 19 just months after coming to Islam) graduated from a good uni at 21, married at 21, child at 24 but then things started to go downhill Qadr allah

subhnallah, I honestly never would have thought that I would one day practise Islam and especially so at such a young age. The thought of putting a hijab on or even praying would scare me & religion was never on my mind

Its so easy to be negative & to think rahh I can’t believe x y and z happened, I didn’t expect that, but I need to constantly remind myself of where I would have been if I was not guided towards Islam. Subhanallah

Leave a comment:

• Bayna3
    replied
    Originally posted by neelu View Post

In the UK, kufaar still don't know what halal means, so this led to alt right trolls claiming that "halal is a tax that's paid by companies to fund terrorism". The fact that it's untrue is irrelevant as hundreds of thousands if not millions of pig ignorant people are firmly convinced it's true. If you don't believe me or are unfamiliar with all this; I suggest taking a look at the Cadburys facebook page which has been inundated with hate comments because their products are suitable for vegetarians which they've said "is suitable for a halal diet". In particular take a look at their easter posts which is where they get the most hate comments for no reason. Actually I can show you a screenshot here:
    Thanks for that pic I needed a good chuckle

Leave a comment:

• neelu
    replied
    I never had the slightest clue I'd convert to Islam basically all I knew about Islam that muslims prayed with their heads on the ground I didn't even know what halal meant even though I'd see it on food
    In the UK, kufaar still don't know what halal means, so this led to alt right trolls claiming that "halal is a tax that's paid by companies to fund terrorism". The fact that it's untrue is irrelevant as hundreds of thousands if not millions of pig ignorant people are firmly convinced it's true. If you don't believe me or are unfamiliar with all this; I suggest taking a look at the Cadburys facebook page which has been inundated with hate comments because their products are suitable for vegetarians which they've said "is suitable for a halal diet". In particular take a look at their easter posts which is where they get the most hate comments for no reason. Actually I can show you a screenshot here:

Leave a comment:

• eesa the kiwi
    replied
    Completely unexpected

Dunya wise life has been a bit of a struggle so didnt expect that but then again I figured I'd be dead at 27 from an od or something so cant complain on that front

so yeah life has been unexpected. Worse than I expected in someways but also at the same time better than what I expected finding purpose and peace and contentment

Wa lilahil hamd

Leave a comment:

• LailaTheMuslim
    replied
    Yeah I can't remember if I've posted on this thread. But yeah my life had taken a mostly unexpected turn since 18.

But I'm grateful because Allah is helping me with my deen, and strong iman and repentance in the longer term means more blessings in some respect, so Alhamdulilah.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X