Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has life turned out the way you expected?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May Allah swt reward you greatly and contine to give you sabr to deal with and accept whatever happens in your life. I also hope Allah swt blesses you with what you did not have in this dunya, in Jannah.

Comment

Deleted.
      Last edited by oshirowanen; 15-11-19, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oshirowanen View Post

I can relate.

I was in a situation with the authorities and when my name was cleared, they recommended I get counselling because apparently others had ended their own lives after going through similar things. I thought "okay it was bad, but was it that bad"? In my mind thinkig "I've had worse". Anyway, I went ahead with their recommendation, and the counselor goes (after a few months) that shes never come across someone like me who was able to keep sane after such an experience. Her conclusion was that either I don't realize how bad the situation was, or that my childhood was so extreme and horrible that because I survived it, it psychologically made me unnaturally resilient which is what kept me sane.

Apparently those who have had a good childhood would have ended their lives after such an event.

Which of those 2 answers is the actual answer, I guess only Allah knows.

But having said that, I'm sure others have it even worse, which is why I think, wasn't that bad alhumdulillah.
        Wow. May Allah ease your affairs in shaa allah

Comment

It didn't for anyone
          Please visit my Youtube cooking channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv...YMkhbbgtX-lL8Q

Comment

No. But it's my own fault. And also no, because it wouldn't have either way.

Comment

Last edited by Magic.; 22-06-19, 07:32 PM.
              8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
              2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
              3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
              4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
              5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
              6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
              7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
              8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This is also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

that's something i never properly thought about

no, when I was younger I thought I'd be married at 26 - I am now starting to come to terms with the fact that I may be (I say may but I mean very likely will be) one of those people that never does - not as devastating as it used to seem to me before...or maybe I'm just going through a period of calmness...or maybe it's the pleasant weather

in general, i thought there was going to me more for me

Comment

Originally posted by cho09082489 View Post

no, when I was younger I thought I'd be married at 26 - I am now starting to come to terms with the fact that I may be (I say may but I mean very likely will be) one of those people that never does - not as devastating as it used to seem to me before...or maybe I'm just going through a period of calmness...or maybe it's the pleasant weather

Theres still hope
                  put the work in and make duaa and then leave it to Allah

Comment

Originally posted by cho09082489 View Post

the calmness usually comes and goes I noticed, usually goes when ppl keep asking are you married yet, why not, whats stoping you etc its annoying to say the least

Comment

Originally posted by Bayna3 View Post

the calmness usually comes and goes I noticed, usually goes when ppl keep asking are you married yet, why not, whats stoping you etc its annoying to say the least
                      Use to happen to me all the time. The questioner often had a daughter of marriable age. Then I got married at 28 years. 

Comment

Yeah I can't remember if I've posted on this thread. But yeah my life had taken a mostly unexpected turn since 18.

But I'm grateful because Allah is helping me with my deen, and strong iman and repentance in the longer term means more blessings in some respect, so Alhamdulilah.
                        وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Completely unexpected

I never had the slightest clue I'd convert to Islam basically all I knew about Islam that muslims prayed with their heads on the ground I didn't even know what halal meant even though I'd see it on food

Dunya wise life has been a bit of a struggle so didnt expect that but then again I figured I'd be dead at 27 from an od or something so cant complain on that front

so yeah life has been unexpected. Worse than I expected in someways but also at the same time better than what I expected finding purpose and peace and contentment

Wa lilahil hamd

Even in the belly of the whale there was hope.

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                            I never had the slightest clue I'd convert to Islam basically all I knew about Islam that muslims prayed with their heads on the ground I didn't even know what halal meant even though I'd see it on food
                            In the UK, kufaar still don't know what halal means, so this led to alt right trolls claiming that "halal is a tax that's paid by companies to fund terrorism". The fact that it's untrue is irrelevant as hundreds of thousands if not millions of pig ignorant people are firmly convinced it's true. If you don't believe me or are unfamiliar with all this; I suggest taking a look at the Cadburys facebook page which has been inundated with hate comments because their products are suitable for vegetarians which they've said "is suitable for a halal diet". In particular take a look at their easter posts which is where they get the most hate comments for no reason. Actually I can show you a screenshot here:

The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post

In the UK, kufaar still don't know what halal means, so this led to alt right trolls claiming that "halal is a tax that's paid by companies to fund terrorism". The fact that it's untrue is irrelevant as hundreds of thousands if not millions of pig ignorant people are firmly convinced it's true. If you don't believe me or are unfamiliar with all this; I suggest taking a look at the Cadburys facebook page which has been inundated with hate comments because their products are suitable for vegetarians which they've said "is suitable for a halal diet". In particular take a look at their easter posts which is where they get the most hate comments for no reason. Actually I can show you a screenshot here:
                              Thanks for that pic I needed a good chuckle

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                                Completely unexpected

Dunya wise life has been a bit of a struggle so didnt expect that but then again I figured I'd be dead at 27 from an od or something so cant complain on that front

so yeah life has been unexpected. Worse than I expected in someways but also at the same time better than what I expected finding purpose and peace and contentment

Wa lilahil hamd
                                https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                                X