Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has life turned out the way you expected?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I will say a different answer.ツ

    What you have expected is merely but a dream for we do the same things we do until death.ツ

    Whether you had expected something fanatical or not. It is the same until you reach your destination with patience.ツ

    Everything is just a variation in this mundane world and such is a cycle. So what else do you expect?ツ
    https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

    Ephemeral reader

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by oshirowanen
      Expected life to be awful, somehow it turned out awful... Self fulfilling prophecies at some subconsciousness level?

      Adding some perspective to a long story but keeping it short, was speaking to someone who said to me "Your life is awful, how are you doing this"? Their exact words were "The average person in your situation would probably be in a mental hospital by now because they would not be able to cope". According to me, my life is okay Alhumdulillah, according to others, they would rather die than to have my life. Just puts things into perspective, I've had worse, my current situation is a million times better than it was, but for others, my current situation would be unbearable for the average person.
      SubhanAllah sorry to hear that

      May Allah swt grant you happiness in this life and the next

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by neelu
        I went to Citizens advice bureau and they wrote a letter on my behalf to say we want a PIP appeal.テδづつ We've since received an acknowledgement of receipt of that letter but I hear there's a backlog so I might not get an actual hearing date till several months or a year from now. テδづつ

        Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

        i think we all hold on to false hopes here and there, i think thats part of life

        im truly sorry to hear about the difficulties youve been through, you must be very strong to have got through it so far

        frustration is defo something that i feel a lot too,
        sometimes its because of my situation, sometimes its because of my decisions

        everything is Qadr Allah but sometimes its a bitter pill to swallow

        p.s how did your pip appeal go?
        テδづつ
        I pray and hope your appeal is successful

        Comment


        • #19
          Alhamdulilah

          Not exactly how I planned as a teenager but what does a teenager know anyway. There were some major delays in me getting certain things I want, there were some pleasant surprise in life and there are others that I am not sure if I will not get or just delayed until the time is right. But I am not holding myself to my teenage expectation of life. I do re-evaluate life every birthday & there are few things that I am not happy about that still nag me but I know Allah is the best planner & he will make it happen when its the right time or if it is the right thing.

          Comment


          • #20
            Well. It is comforting to know that whatever we are deprived of on Earth, we will (In Sha Allaah) get in Jannah, and that in itself is a motivation to strive harder.

            Comment


            • #21
              Meh. Who cares. Let's all go on Facebook and post pictures from our lives and show the world how great it is and how many possessions we have and how we love our spouses so much.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
                Well. It is comforting to know that whatever we are deprived of on Earth, we will (In Sha Allaah) get in Jannah, and that in itself is a motivation to strive harder.
                may Allah swt bless us all with jannah and its beautiful blessings

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Abu Abdur_Rahman View Post
                  Meh. Who cares. Let's all go on Facebook and post pictures from our lives and show the world how great it is and how many possessions we have and how we love our spouses so much.
                  Ameer saab lol

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Abu Abdur_Rahman View Post
                    Meh. Who cares. Let's all go on Facebook and post pictures from our lives and show the world how great it is and how many possessions we have and how we love our spouses so much.
                    That frog is hideous.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

                      may Allah swt bless us all with jannah and its beautiful blessings
                      Aameen.

                      The worst a Believer could do, is despair and lose faith.

                      Have hope in His Mercy.


                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

                        That frog is hideous.
                        Leave him alone.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          No, my life had take an a huge unexpected turn from aged 18 til now. Its been awful, but the biggest trials started last year from the summer of 2018. I got told I had abnormalities in my brain, still after years and years of living a degraded life under sihr.

                          But instead of crying and hating myself more, I decided that at that moment, it was best to just have tawakkul. Since then, my mum had a dream of me, when I was in my worst place in late 2018, of me in a beautiful green garden and noor everywhere. I had long white dress and was floating and jumping really happily in that garden full of noor, in my mum's dream.

                          It was at that point I did more dhikr, like 300 on tasbih beads a day, not a lot tho my body hurt from MS and my mind was in constant turmoil.

                          So what I am saying is, always try to turn to Allah when things are extremely bad. You don't need to do lots of salat, makes lots of dhikr, just dua is the best. Even one tasbih is multiplied up to ten. The good and the bad are not equal.

                          Allah is Merciful and he will magnify the smallest of good you do.

                          Also think about surah duha guys, and the verses of surah sharh,

                          Allah honoured our Nabi PBUH so much after he was an orphan, as mentioned in the verses of surah duha. Don't despair of your worldly life either.

                          With hardship comes relief, as Surah Sharh tells us. So try to think of Allah's mercy and an end goal of ur suffering - which is purification and elevation.
                          Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

                          The Messenger of Allah (キコ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

                          and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

                          and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

                          and charity is proof (of one's faith)

                          and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

                          All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.



                          リュル借ッル胎借ォル勺ル借ァ リ・ル切ウル坪ュル借ァルほ リィル壷ル ルル勺ル坪オル詔畏アル菜 リュル借ッル胎借ォル勺ル借ァ リュル借ィル胎借ァルル リィル壷ル ルル拙リァル勺ル菜 リュル借ッル胎借ォル勺ル借ァ リ」ル借ィル借ァルル鈷 リュル借ッル胎借ォル勺ル借ァ ル館借ュル壷館勺華 リ」ル勺ル胎 リイル勺館坪ッル筋ァリ リュル借ッル胎借ォル勺ル リ」ル勺ル胎 リ」ル借ィル借ァ リウル勺リァル胎勺ル リュル借ッル胎借ォル勺ル リケル勺ル リ」ル借ィル拙 ルル借ァルル拙ル リァルリ」ル借エル坪ケル借アル拙館胎切 ルほ借ァルル ルほ借ァルル リアル借ウル詔異ル リァルルル胎勺ル リオルル リァルルル リケルル館 ル畏ウルル 窶 "窶 リァルリキル胎詔ル詔畏アル リエル借キル坪アル リァルリ・ル拙館ル借ァルル ル異借ァルル坪ュル勺ル坪ッル ルル拙ル胎勺ル リェル勺ル壷リ」ル リァルル壷ル拙韓イル借ァルル 窶.窶 ル異借ウル証ィル坪ュル借ァルル リァルルル胎勺ル ル異借ァルル坪ュル勺ル坪ッル ルル拙ル胎勺ル リェル勺ル壷リ「ルル - リ」ル勺異 リェル勺ル壷リ」ル - ルル借ァ リィル勺館壷ル リァルリウル胎勺ル勺異借ァリェル ル異借ァルリ」ル借アル坪カル ル異借ァルリオル胎勺リァル借ゥル ルル詔畏アル ル異借ァルリオル胎借ッル勺ほ借ゥル リィル証アル壷ル借ァルル ル異借ァルリオル胎借ィル坪アル リカル拙館借ァリ。ル ル異借ァルル壷ほ証アル坪「ルル リュル証ャル胎借ゥル ルル勺ル リ」ル勺異 リケル勺ル勺館壷ル ルル詔ル胎 リァルルル胎借ァリウル ル館借コル坪ッル詔 ルル借ィル借ァリヲル切ケル ルル勺ル坪ウル勺ル ルル勺ル証ケル坪ェル拙ほ詔ル借ァ リ」ル勺異 ルル詔畏ィル拙ほ詔ル借ァ 窶"窶 窶.窶

                          Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
                          In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
                          USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
                          (deprecated numbering scheme)

                          リ」ル勺ル勺ル リェル借アル勺異坪ァ リ」ル勺ル胎 リァルルル胎勺ル リウル借ョル胎借アル ルル勺ル詔 ルル胎借ァ ルル拙 リァルリウル胎勺ル借ァル異借ァリェル ル異勺ル借ァ ルル拙 リァルル坪」ル借アル坪カル ル異借」ル借ウル坪ィル借コル リケル勺ル勺館壷ル詔ル ルル切ケル勺ル勺ル リクル借ァルル切アル借ゥル ル異借ィル借ァリキル拙ル借ゥル ロ ル異勺ル拙ル リァルルル胎借ァリウル ルル勺 ル館証ャル借ァリッル拙ル ルル拙 リァルルル胎勺ル リィル切コル勺館坪アル リケル拙ル壷ル ル異勺ル借ァ ルル証ッル緊 ル異勺ル借ァ ルル切ェル借ァリィル ルル胎詔ル拙韓アル - 31:20

                          Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].


                          Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim
                            No, my life had take an a huge unexpected turn from aged 18 til now. Its been awful, but the biggest trials started last year from the summer of 2018. I got told I had abnormalities in my brain, still after years and years of living a degraded life under sihr.

                            But instead of crying and hating myself more, I decided that at that moment, it was best to just have tawakkul. Since then, my mum had a dream of me, when I was in my worst place in late 2018, of me in a beautiful green garden and noor everywhere. I had long white dress and was floating and jumping really happily in that garden full of noor, in my mum's dream.

                            It was at that point I did more dhikr, like 300 on tasbih beads a day, not a lot tho my body hurt from MS and my mind was in constant turmoil.

                            So what I am saying is, always try to turn to Allah when things are extremely bad. You don't need to do lots of salat, makes lots of dhikr, just dua is the best. Even one tasbih is multiplied up to ten. The good and the bad are not equal.

                            Allah is Merciful and he will magnify the smallest of good you do.

                            Also think about surah duha guys, and the verses of surah sharh,

                            Allah honoured our Nabi PBUH so much after he was an orphan, as mentioned in the verses of surah duha. Don't despair of your worldly life either.

                            With hardship comes relief, as Surah Sharh tells us. So try to think of Allah's mercy and an end goal of ur suffering - which is purification and elevation.
                            You make good points,
                            Alhamdulillah it's good you have tawakkul in Allah,
                            It's a lot easier than done though

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I hope it works out In Sha Allaah.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by oshirowanen View Post
                                Expected life to be awful, somehow it turned out awful... Self fulfilling prophecies at some subconsciousness level?

                                Adding some perspective to a long story but keeping it short, was speaking to someone who said to me "Your life is awful, how are you doing this"? Their exact words were "The average person in your situation would probably be in a mental hospital by now because they would not be able to cope". According to me, my life is okay Alhumdulillah, according to others, they would rather die than to have my life. Just puts things into perspective, I've had worse, my current situation is a million times better than it was, but for others, my current situation would be unbearable for the average person.
                                Been in situations where people also commented at how they would not be able to cope with what I went through. Alhumdulillah though I know people have it a lot worse. We have so much to be grateful to Allah swt.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X