Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has life turned out the way you expected?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will say a different answer.ツ

What you have expected is merely but a dream for we do the same things we do until death.ツ

Whether you had expected something fanatical or not. It is the same until you reach your destination with patience.ツ

Everything is just a variation in this mundane world and such is a cycle. So what else do you expect?ツ
    https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Originally posted by oshirowanen
      Expected life to be awful, somehow it turned out awful... Self fulfilling prophecies at some subconsciousness level?

Adding some perspective to a long story but keeping it short, was speaking to someone who said to me "Your life is awful, how are you doing this"? Their exact words were "The average person in your situation would probably be in a mental hospital by now because they would not be able to cope". According to me, my life is okay Alhumdulillah, according to others, they would rather die than to have my life. Just puts things into perspective, I've had worse, my current situation is a million times better than it was, but for others, my current situation would be unbearable for the average person.
      SubhanAllah sorry to hear that

May Allah swt grant you happiness in this life and the next

Comment

Originally posted by neelu
        I went to Citizens advice bureau and they wrote a letter on my behalf to say we want a PIP appeal.テδづつ We've since received an acknowledgement of receipt of that letter but I hear there's a backlog so I might not get an actual hearing date till several months or a year from now. テδづつ

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

i think we all hold on to false hopes here and there, i think thats part of life

im truly sorry to hear about the difficulties youve been through, you must be very strong to have got through it so far

frustration is defo something that i feel a lot too,
        sometimes its because of my situation, sometimes its because of my decisions

everything is Qadr Allah but sometimes its a bitter pill to swallow

p.s how did your pip appeal go?
        テδづつ
        I pray and hope your appeal is successful

Comment

Alhamdulilah

Not exactly how I planned as a teenager but what does a teenager know anyway. There were some major delays in me getting certain things I want, there were some pleasant surprise in life and there are others that I am not sure if I will not get or just delayed until the time is right. But I am not holding myself to my teenage expectation of life. I do re-evaluate life every birthday & there are few things that I am not happy about that still nag me but I know Allah is the best planner & he will make it happen when its the right time or if it is the right thing.

Comment

Well. It is comforting to know that whatever we are deprived of on Earth, we will (In Sha Allaah) get in Jannah, and that in itself is a motivation to strive harder.

Comment

Meh. Who cares. Let's all go on Facebook and post pictures from our lives and show the world how great it is and how many possessions we have and how we love our spouses so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
                Well. It is comforting to know that whatever we are deprived of on Earth, we will (In Sha Allaah) get in Jannah, and that in itself is a motivation to strive harder.
                may Allah swt bless us all with jannah and its beautiful blessings

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Abdur_Rahman View Post
                  Meh. Who cares. Let's all go on Facebook and post pictures from our lives and show the world how great it is and how many possessions we have and how we love our spouses so much.
                  Ameer saab lol

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Abdur_Rahman View Post
                    That frog is hideous.

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

may Allah swt bless us all with jannah and its beautiful blessings
                      Aameen.

The worst a Believer could do, is despair and lose faith.

Have hope in His Mercy.

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

That frog is hideous.
                        Leave him alone.

Comment

No, my life had take an a huge unexpected turn from aged 18 til now. Its been awful, but the biggest trials started last year from the summer of 2018. I got told I had abnormalities in my brain, still after years and years of living a degraded life under sihr.

But instead of crying and hating myself more, I decided that at that moment, it was best to just have tawakkul. Since then, my mum had a dream of me, when I was in my worst place in late 2018, of me in a beautiful green garden and noor everywhere. I had long white dress and was floating and jumping really happily in that garden full of noor, in my mum's dream.

It was at that point I did more dhikr, like 300 on tasbih beads a day, not a lot tho my body hurt from MS and my mind was in constant turmoil.

So what I am saying is, always try to turn to Allah when things are extremely bad. You don't need to do lots of salat, makes lots of dhikr, just dua is the best. Even one tasbih is multiplied up to ten. The good and the bad are not equal.

Allah is Merciful and he will magnify the smallest of good you do.

Also think about surah duha guys, and the verses of surah sharh,

Allah honoured our Nabi PBUH so much after he was an orphan, as mentioned in the verses of surah duha. Don't despair of your worldly life either.

With hardship comes relief, as Surah Sharh tells us. So try to think of Allah's mercy and an end goal of ur suffering - which is purification and elevation.
                          وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim
                            No, my life had take an a huge unexpected turn from aged 18 til now. Its been awful, but the biggest trials started last year from the summer of 2018. I got told I had abnormalities in my brain, still after years and years of living a degraded life under sihr.

But instead of crying and hating myself more, I decided that at that moment, it was best to just have tawakkul. Since then, my mum had a dream of me, when I was in my worst place in late 2018, of me in a beautiful green garden and noor everywhere. I had long white dress and was floating and jumping really happily in that garden full of noor, in my mum's dream.

It was at that point I did more dhikr, like 300 on tasbih beads a day, not a lot tho my body hurt from MS and my mind was in constant turmoil.

So what I am saying is, always try to turn to Allah when things are extremely bad. You don't need to do lots of salat, makes lots of dhikr, just dua is the best. Even one tasbih is multiplied up to ten. The good and the bad are not equal.

Allah is Merciful and he will magnify the smallest of good you do.

Also think about surah duha guys, and the verses of surah sharh,

Allah honoured our Nabi PBUH so much after he was an orphan, as mentioned in the verses of surah duha. Don't despair of your worldly life either.

With hardship comes relief, as Surah Sharh tells us. So try to think of Allah's mercy and an end goal of ur suffering - which is purification and elevation.
                            You make good points,
                            Alhamdulillah it's good you have tawakkul in Allah,
                            It's a lot easier than done though

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
                              I went to Citizens advice bureau and they wrote a letter on my behalf to say we want a PIP appeal.ツ* We've since received an acknowledgement of receipt of that letter but I hear there's a backlog so I might not get an actual hearing date till several months or a year from now. ツ*

ツ*
                              I hope it works out In Sha Allaah.

Comment

Originally posted by oshirowanen View Post
                                Expected life to be awful, somehow it turned out awful... Self fulfilling prophecies at some subconsciousness level?

Adding some perspective to a long story but keeping it short, was speaking to someone who said to me "Your life is awful, how are you doing this"? Their exact words were "The average person in your situation would probably be in a mental hospital by now because they would not be able to cope". According to me, my life is okay Alhumdulillah, according to others, they would rather die than to have my life. Just puts things into perspective, I've had worse, my current situation is a million times better than it was, but for others, my current situation would be unbearable for the average person.
                                Been in situations where people also commented at how they would not be able to cope with what I went through. Alhumdulillah though I know people have it a lot worse. We have so much to be grateful to Allah swt.

Comment

Working...
                                X