Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lunar
    replied
    All because the woman who wore a veil was not selected does not deem the employer Islamophobic.
    Besides, very few jobs in the UK can be considered 'halal.' Most companies or organisations would give or take loans or dealings that are non-Islamic.
    Who wants to live in a country run by a Muslim state... not me.

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied
    Originally posted by lunar View Post

I fail to understand. If the candidate's veil hinders her progress in getting a job then this is considered unfortunate. Is there a necessity to wear a veil.
    This is the 21st century, let's move forward.
    Yes because the she was interviewed by Islamophobic individual. 

Better to avoid working with Islamophobes. 

Compromising ones religion might seem like "Moving forward" to you, but it's backwards mentality which is derogatory for a Muslim.

Leave a comment:

• Stoic Believer
    replied

In the first instance, there are very few investors who own their BTL property outright, so any rental income is going to pay the mortgage. Also, renters will not be in a position to pick and choose which landlord does not have a mortgage.
    In the second case, I did not lie about first time buyers trying to get on the property market. Forget London, I personally know of people who even find it difficult to buy property in the Midlands.
    One option is Islamic banks, but they charge a rental on top of the mortgage, which is even a higher percentage than the basic mortgage interest rate.
    You're just rambling at this point. I think I'm done here.

Leave a comment:

• MyUsernameIs...
    replied

In the first instance, there are very few investors who own their BTL property outright, so any rental income is going to pay the mortgage. Also, renters will not be in a position to pick and choose which landlord does not have a mortgage.
    In the second case, I did not lie about first time buyers trying to get on the property market. Forget London, I personally know of people who even find it difficult to buy property in the Midlands.
    One option is Islamic banks, but they charge a rental on top of the mortgage, which is even a higher percentage than the basic mortgage interest rate.
    The discussion is regarding halaal/haraam. Absolutely none of what you said contains any religious reasoning.

You say scholars permit interest mortgages. 
    Prove it.

Leave a comment:

• Boss
    replied
    Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post

Try babysitting first and get experience from there. Sometimes when families are running out of time, they'll lower their expectations and hire people in your position. Just make sure you know how to look after the basic needs of children. If you don't, you can try spending time with a friend or family member's children to see how they do things.

Also, I'm not sure where you were looking for nanny positions, but it's better not to look online. It's a struggle to uphold Islamic values when working for non-Muslims, and it's likely they won't understand you either. You can look for positions with Muslims on the bulletin boards of masajid. If possible, you can also post your information on there and let people know that you're looking for work in child care.

The difficult part about this is that sometimes these people try to take advantage of you, so you have to be very clear from the beginning and have them write down the pay, what your duties are, etc., on paper and have them sign it. Sometimes they'll hire you to look after their kids, then once they get you in their home, they want you to take over their chores without raising your pay. Log everytime you work, so if they try to avoid paying you, you can threaten to take action.

There are courses where you can get certified online. At least in the US, with the red cross organization, you can get adult and child/baby CPR/AED/first aid training certificates and there are childcare courses on there too. It took me a few hours to get the first certificate I mentioned and these things are very simple to learn.
    I don't think they do that cpr first aid training online in uk as i couldn't find it.

I think that method will take longer to achieve since i cant afford to try babysitting as its not only little pay but few hours, most people will not consider you at all if you don't have that basic knowledge, ive never looked after a child in my life. It doesn't seem feasible atleast , if i do the childcare courses available while its not online its free and i can work at the same time, so i am better off just doing that 

Leave a comment:

• Boss
    replied
    Originally posted by sajid View Post
    Get some feedback from them as to why they rejected you..be interesting to see what they "Come up with"
    They gave me a generic response like i had some of the characteristics however there were other candidates that were closer match to the role. I doubt that's true since the damn man didnt write anything on my interview sheet. it makes me angry thinking about it... waste of time except now i know i wont go for any similar jobs

Leave a comment:

• lunar
    replied
    Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

This reasoning is not sufficient to make renting haraam in all cases. Not to mention it is purely speculation and assumption.

No, actually you're wrong. Seems you're just making stuff up.

Leave a comment:

• Stoic Believer
    replied

Sorry to press you on this matter.
    If one does not get a mortgage to purchase a property then the other option is to rent. More often than not, the rental would go towards paying a loan that the landlord obtained to purchase the property. So the tenant is paying the debt.
    This reasoning is not sufficient to make renting haraam in all cases. Not to mention it is purely speculation and assumption.

Please don't say 'save and then purchase.' That is unlikely to be achievable. It is hard enough for property seekers to save for a deposit.
    Hence, I am right in saying most scholars agree that it would cause hardship if a person capable of obtaining a mortgage was then denied by a select few; who probably already own a property or live by claiming from the state.
    No, actually you're wrong. Seems you're just making stuff up.
    Last edited by Stoic Believer; 15-06-19, 10:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• eesa the kiwi
    replied

Yes I am a Muslim.
    Let me put it another way; many years ago it was considered taboo to get a mortgage for purchasing a house. Now most scholars would state that it is not wrong to obtain a loan for residential property. Though one has to pay interest.
    Facepalm
    facepalm
    Facepalm
    Facepalm
    Facepalm
    Another facepalm

No further comment

Leave a comment:

• lunar
    replied

Firstly, that is a complete lie and fabrication. "Most scholars" do not unconditionally permit taking a loan with interest for a house.¬*

Secondly, this issue doesn't have anything to do with it being the 21st century. Do you think scholars should start allowing all kinds of haraam just because it's 2019?

Thirdly, the comparison makes no sense to begin with. Even if scholars hypothetically permitted these types of loans, the other opinion doesn't magically disappear. There's a valid and strong khilaaf on the obligation of niqab. If a sister believes it is obligatory, you have no right to tell her that she needs to "move forward" and she doesn't need to wear it. This is the rhetoric of deviants and modernists.
    Sorry to press you on this matter.
    If one does not get a mortgage to purchase a property then the other option is to rent. More often than not, the rental would go towards paying a loan that the landlord obtained to purchase the property. So the tenant is paying the debt.
    Please don't say 'save and then purchase.' That is unlikely to be achievable. It is hard enough for property seekers to save for a deposit.
    Hence, I am right in saying most scholars agree that it would cause hardship if a person capable of obtaining a mortgage was then denied by a select few; who probably already own a property or live by claiming from the state.

Leave a comment:

• Abu Abdur_Rahman
    replied

Firstly, that is a complete lie and fabrication. "Most scholars" do not unconditionally permit taking a loan with interest for a house.¬*

Secondly, this issue doesn't have anything to do with it being the 21st century. Do you think scholars should start allowing all kinds of haraam just because it's 2019?

Thirdly, the comparison makes no sense to begin with. Even if scholars hypothetically permitted these types of loans, the other opinion doesn't magically disappear. There's a valid and strong khilaaf on the obligation of niqab. If a sister believes it is obligatory, you have no right to tell her that she needs to "move forward" and she doesn't need to wear it. This is the rhetoric of deviants and modernists.
    Finally. After a period of lapse and a drought in beneficial posts, the fruits of your training are finally showing.

Leave a comment:

• Stoic Believer
    replied

Yes I am a Muslim.
    Let me put it another way; many years ago it was considered taboo to get a mortgage for purchasing a house. Now most scholars would state that it is not wrong to obtain a loan for residential property. Though one has to pay interest.

Last edited by Stoic Believer; 15-06-19, 01:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• lunar
    replied

Are you Muslim?

I guess the 21st century means putting work before the deen.¬*
    Yes I am a Muslim.

Leave a comment:

• Stoic Believer
    replied

I fail to understand. If the candidate's veil hinders her progress in getting a job then this is considered unfortunate. Is there a necessity to wear a veil.
    This is the 21st century, let's move forward.
    Are you Muslim?

I guess the 21st century means putting work before the deen. 
    Last edited by Stoic Believer; 14-06-19, 05:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sajid
    replied
    Get some feedback from them as to why they rejected you..be interesting to see what they "Come up with"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X